Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Dulquar as Adi comes across as ambitious and a go getter in OKK. Tara played by Nitya is a kick ass modern girl who is unapologetic about her wants and choices. 
The lady who played Bavani aunty and Prakash Raj as Ganapathi uncle added the contrasting relationship beautifully.

What made OKK work are the actors. 

I do not think ARK and Shradda can bring the same depth of acting to OKJ. I would love to be proved wrong.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I watched OK Kanmani on Netflix and liked it. 
My only problem was, I find most Indian modern youth films unrelatable.
Veronika4MaNan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
First of all OKK was not all that great ! It didn't have a stong story base. It was just an array of well directed and executed scenes with really good actors and music ! It was a one time watch. Plus the whole " live your life , living together " modern stunt is new to Tamil industry unlike BW where we have seen every good, bad, worst versions of that same concept! I really don't know why it's even being remade in BW . It has absolutely nothing new to offer here.
Keeping the above factors in mind Ok Jaanu already falls flat without MR's direction and with terrible actors.
Music is good though!
Came across that whole
" let's meet our parents for engagement " in Ok Jaanu Damn SK is soo bad, I was literally cringing! Adi is okishh but Shradda is such a put off man. Still scarred from her over to the top " cute girl " act form Ek Villain.
So whether the film clicks in BW or not... still not my cup of tea.
Edited by Veronika4MaNan - 7 years ago
Sherlock. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Agree.

Shraddha will ruin the movie by her stupid acting and horrendous talking style.
Flop.
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
I watched OKK last week online.. it was simply.. 
Word to your post Sid bro! 
Now, i find OK J pale in comparison to OKK.

P.S. I loved Adi - Shraddha in A2.. ðŸ˜³ How i wish they hadn't chosen this movie at all.
aurora-borealis thumbnail
Just rewatched OKK today to erase any remnants of the remake from my memory. It was a much needed cleanse.
Still enjoyed the film even on a second watch. It's a testament to the talent and chemistry of the leads to rise above a mediocre script and concept that has been so overdone and still manage to make the film such an engaging watch. Nithya Menon is class! Man, I love her subtle style of acting. Her performance is impactful without going OTT. Dulquer is so charming and attractive(still trying to figure out in what universe he is considered ordinary looking). I think the way his character struggled with expressing love was so freaking relatable and I was so charmed by the way he ultimately expressed his love for Tara, drawing parallels to the way Ganapathy loved Bhavani. The whole proposal scene was so romantic in an under-stated way, no cliched dialogues or filmy grand gestures. It was just simple and genuine. 
aurora-borealis thumbnail
Seeing how OK Jaanu tanked without a trace, I hope the likes of KJO learn their lesson and stop tampering with good films. It's going to take me some time to get over the horrific decision that was made in casting Shraddha for the role of Tara. Horrifying and insulting in so many ways. 
Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Who in their right mind even think of casting Sharddha as Tara
ASRphanki thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Where can i watch OKK ? 
I have watched Ok Jaanu and loved it...Simple and breezy movie...I want to watch OKK to understand the difference...
Can someone please recommend some sites or from where I can download it?