Posted: 17 years ago

In context of the Big Fight topic: should there be reservations for muslims?

Muslims wanting reservations why? they r a community who r traditionally one of the most advanced civilisations  in  every respect, may it technologically, educationally, culturally, etc. In india if they feel they have not been treated with all the amenities of education today, then the question arises about what has its own community done to upgrade itself. suppose if they don't get reservations today , will they keep crying bout it n not teach there people until they recieve reservations.

on the other hand the indian govt. when formed its constitution decided to put reservations for education for 10yrs, so technically they should have taken care about the problem then. Vikram rightly put that after 60 years the indian govt. sadly is still sleeping. But if the govt. claims otherwise then today they should declare of putting reservations for 5yrs and achieve its Goal since it has more resources n manpower than it had in the 1950's.  also, questions like that today's govt. is addressing to a much larger mass of people so it'll take time and that 5yrs not good enough, then i say its time to change the govt. 'cos they putting the common indian in a vicious cyclic dilemma.

Facts: Govt. can't teach all sections of the society in 5yrs,  for sure.

Moinak Bose

PS: i'm not finished talking but wud want initial reactions to direct the discussion into a proper channel.

Solution: Sections of society shud help each other in matters regarding education n at the same time accept wat the india govt. has to offer. Because ultimately if for instance i want a thing n i don't get it. then i don't cry over it n wait till i get my opputunity- I make my own oppurtunities staying with in the system.

as a matter of fact no sect shud rely on the Govt. entirely for upgradation, it shud start education with in automatically in watever form. Else the govt. might take u for a ride again for the next 60years.

Edited by moinakbose - 17 years ago

Welcome to Debate Mansion Moinak Bose Ji!!

I'm against anytype of Reservations made on the basis of Religion,caste !!!!

The simple reason "It hampers my academic growth".

Cheers,

Mythili

since Monika is new to the forum, I will edit this just to encourage her to come back with more. A.S.

I decline to participate any further in an arena that is so heavily censored
JEdited by Jatayu - 17 years ago

Originally posted by Jatayu

since Monika is new to the forum, I will edit this just to encourage her to come back with more. A.S.

I decline to participate any further in an arena that is so heavily censored
J

Kids get scared when Esteemed Uncle's of the Esteemed Forum have a Big Fight.I respect both  and I have nothing to say except for their active participiation.

Coming Back to the topic(as if nothing happened😉):

I really wonder what will Upper Caste Hindu Boys will study if Government gives reservations on the basis of Caste,Gender,Religion!!! Its really a horrible state.

If at all reservations should be made they should be made on the basis of economic status.There are poor people in Hindus ,Christians and Muslims.

I had the previlage of working in a Muslim Minority Institute and I really wonder seeing variety of  students with variety of economic backgrounds.We find mostly two categories very rich or very poor.Poor Muslims never get the scholarships they are supposed to get.Muslim Minority Institute Managements sell those seats alloted to Minorities to Non Minorities.Subquently the injustice is done to those poor Muslims.

First government should emphasise on

Basic Education of Muslims Emphasis should be made on Girl education
  • Government should implement strict family planning measures.If they have more children and if they are poor why should non minorities suffer!!! This view of mine may sound harsh but somany of the nonteaching staff work hard but they poor because of big families!!!!

Cheers,

Mythili

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago
abhijit ji.. i simply loved every word of that! Thanks for allowing to read my mind.

mQT
India is a secular country and by definition it means where every religion and caste enjoys an equal status. Then by reserving seats on the basis of religion or caste contradicts the above statement written in our constitution. There should be reservation for economically backward students to uplift them not on the basis of religion. Islam is not a backward religion in India.
Originally posted by abhijit shukla

Sorry Dost,
I made a judgement call.
I am against censorship myself. I also agree with your POV that we need to use proper English.
I felt that a newcomer might get discoutraged is the initiation is stern. WE are trying to bring in new members.  I hope you understand and change your mind. I was working on short 5 minute bursts for last 10 days so I did not have a chance to PM you and explain.
If you put yourself in monika's position, you would not want to return to a forum if you are shot down on the very first post. If you put yourself in my position, you would think it is better to encourage a new comer and communicate with a veteran separately. It WAS a jugdement call and they can be wrong from time to time.

Abhijit, I understand that editing Jatayu's post was a judgment call a moderator had to make to make a newcomer feel welcome. This is a public forum to air our voice and as long as we are within the decorum of this forum we should be fine. Jatayu's post didn't have anything derogatory. It was more like a jovial remark. I have read similar remarks in the past by some members on the forum. I personally feel that editing Jatayu's post was a bit tactless.

I don't know if my opinion counts and I apologize if my comments hurt anyone. It was not my intention. Hope this post doesn't get edited.

Edited by Maya_M - 17 years ago
I know only one thing, every person is human and we have to respect humanity no matter it is muslim or hindu.
Originally posted by abhijit shukla

Thanks Maya for being candid. At the moment I felt that the new person may not take jovial remark as such. If I had time I would have writtent to Jatayu and asked him if he would consider changing it. I was hoping he would understand. If it was tactless, I am sorry and apologize.

Actually I was supremely irritated with myself for writing something that was 'editable'.

Maya and Myth and Abhi, you are really really good people and I apologise to you all for causing disquiet.

Originally posted by Jatayu

Actually I was supremely irritated with myself for writing something that was 'editable'.

Maya and Myth and Abhi, you are really really good people and I apologise to you all for causing disquiet.

I am glad you decided to continue. Abhijit and your one liners are witty and always apt. I apologize once again for causing any kind of distress.