Ayodhya's Princess, Chapter 9- 19/9 - Page 18

Posted: 7 years ago
I just read it all in one go and how beautiful it was!! To be honest I had a very vague idea about Somada in Ramayan, I had never known that she was practically the soul that reconnected Ram and Sita. And again how beautifully complex it is given that Ram and Sita were never separated.

I love the way how you weave the story. Slowly, intricately and always stirring up emotions. Internal monologues are your forte! I love the way you began with Ram and Urmila's relationship quickly jumping to Ram and Somada's. It was a beautiful read Srutha and I am looking forward to more on this particular front!
That painting though, is it Ram-Sita's marriage?
Please unveil the suspense soon di...
Waiting for update
Posted: 6 years ago
I know. I have been pretty despicable *sighs* 
I promise to update and finish this off by next week, or even Sunday, if you want.
Thank you all for your lovely comments <3
P.S. I have used two lines from 'Hume Katha Suna Ki' from Ramanand Sagar's Lav-Kush :) 

LAV AND KUSH

Somada was running around, helping her mothers with setting up for the Ashwamedha Yagna. Yet, her mind drifted back to Vandevi. There was some similarity that she could easily detect between Vandevi and her own mother, Urmila. But what was it? She was confused. If she had only gotten to talk to Vandevi for a little longer, she may have been able to figure out what it was.

"Somada!

Her Choti Badi Ma entered the chambers, calling her.

"Yes Choti Badi Ma, said Somada.

"Come with me know doll? I need your help with something, said Mandavi.

"Of course Choti Badi Ma!, said Somada, smiling at Mandavi, and following her.

Somada gaped at the news she got. Her Jyesht Pitashree to get married again? What rubbish! Ma always told her that her Jyesht Pitashree was an Eka Patni Vrat. And she believed it. She could see the kind of love He had for her Jyesht Mata. How can anyone even think of Him getting married again? Just because the citizens sent Sita out of the palace, it doesn't mean that Jyesht Mata Sita was away from Raghunandan Rama's heart. She always resided there, and their souls were connected. They could feel and talk to each other through their souls. That kind of love is difficult to see, but Somada knew that the Raghuvanshis and the Nimivanshis all had that kind of love with each other. Why do people have to do this? She knew that according to the Shastras, her Jyesht Pitashree had to have His wife with Him, but she was certain that He would find a way to not remarry. Bringing back Jyesht Mata was an option, but He won't as the praja didn't repent and want their Queen back.

"Bhagwan Vishnu! Please do something. I don't want rumours like this. Isn't it enough that the praja sent Mata Sita out of the palace? Why are they trying to change Jyesht Pitashree's heart? Don't they know their King at all? He loves only my Jyesht Mata. He would never change that, and would never let anyone take her place in His heart. His heart is huge, which has encompassing love for each one of us and each of the praja, but in the sense of romance, His heart belongs only to His Priya Sita, muttered Somada.

"Somada!

Urmila's voice was heard at a far distance.

"Coming Ma!, said Somada, rushing in the direction of the voice.

Somada grinned when she heard the news from her brothers. her Jyesht Pitashree and Gurudeva Vasishtha had come to a conclusion. A golden statue of her Jyesht Mata would be placed with her Jyesht Pitashree during the yagna. Her excitement grew when she realised that she would finally get to see what her Jyesht Mata looked like.

Her thoughts went back to Vandevi, who looked the way her Ma described Jyesht Mata Sita. She didn't know what it was. Her mind seemed to drift back to Vandevi all the time these days. Every time she thought about her Jyesht Mata Sita, her mind thought of Vandevi. What was it? Was it the motherly love Vandevi oozed? Or was it the sheer beauty that Vandevi possessed?

The children all looked at each other excited. They were finally going to see their Jyesht Mata Sita. According to their father Bharat, the statue looked exactly like her.

They were ushered into their Jyesht Mata's chambers where the statue was kept for the time being. With excited faces, they looked around expectantly, trying to see where the statue is.

"Children

The serene voice of Raghupati came, making all the children grin in excitement and look at their Jyesht Pitashree.

"Do you want to see your Jyesht Mata Sita?, asked He, smiling affectionately at His children.

They all nodded, excited about it.

"Then follow me

The children followed Lord Rama into the interior chambers. When they entered it, they saw a most beautiful sight in front of their eyes. A golden life-like statue of Devi Sita sat there, majestically, yet motherly.

None of them, in their excitement, though, noticed the pale face of the young Somada. None except Hanuman, that is. Lord Rama was gazing wistfully at the golden statue, as if wishing she were there with Him at that moment. Somada was shocked to say the least. Yet, it all made sense. The thoughts, the random feelings, the hope.

Somada clung to Hanuman, who whispered soothing words in her ears. First she found out that Vandevi was her Jyesht Mata Sita. Not knowing what to do, she told Hanuman about it.

And now, she found out that her father was made unconscious by two young boys. Her worry for her father was palpable, though she knew he would wake soon. Hanuman was the only one with her at that time. She clung tighter, worried about her father, yet trusting that he would wake up.

"Hanuman?

The voice of her Jyesht Pitashree made Somada jump out of Hanuman's arms, and run into His waiting arms.

"Prabhu?, said Hanuman, softly.

"You go and bring the horse back, with Bharat and Maharaja Sugriva, said Lord Rama, cuddling Somada tightly to Him.

"Ji Prabhu, said Hanuman, bowing to His Lord and leaving the chambers.

Somada gaped at what she had learnt. Her Jyesht Pitashree Himself did not want to attack the boys? But who were they? Maharishi Valmiki's disciples, they had said. So who were... Oh! Realisation ran across her face, but she didn't know what to do. She didn't know who to tell.

How? How was she to tell someone that the children the Ayodhya Sena fought were mostly the eldest heirs of the Kingdom. If her guess was right, then the two kids with Vandevi were her elder brothers.

Sweet music floated across the entirety of Ayodhya. Somada sat on the podium, gripping her mother's hand, as she heard the two Rishikumars sing the song of Ramayana. This was the moment. She could feel it.

"Uss dukiyan ke Raaj Dulhaare,

Hum Hi Sut Sri Ram Tihare!

And it had happened! The truth was out!

Wow, finally you have given us Somada after so long, Srutha.  Loved the update, the suspense and anticipation for the truth to come out was well played. Loved being in Somada's thoughts, her connection to Ma Vandevi. ❤️ Also loved the Hanuman-Somada bond, and the truth being revealed in the end.

Yay, can't wait for the next chapter. I'm sure it'll have the reunion with Luv Kush and a glimpse of Vandevi as Rani Sita before Bhumi pravesh. 
This was lovely! The tornado of thoughts running in little Somada's mind was explained soo well! <3