Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Justmoi

@Bold Which TV actor other than SRK has reached those heights in BW ? Name one single actor. You said you answered. Where ? 

@Red Are you kidding me ? And all the BW star kids are hard working, talented and deserve a break while HW star kids are lazy? 🤔. No, they fail because they are not talented. if they pass, they become an Angelina Jolie. Seriously. If HW had the same level of nepotism we would be flooded with similar horrific level of performance we are sentenced to in BW. Harsh has prepared, done solid work but for every Harsh there are 10 star kids who are launched and waiting in the wings on the basis of daddy or mommy's talents while outsiders are facing casting couches, even TV actors. So don't even compare. 

SSR, Fawad Khan,  Mahira Khan, Imran Abbas, Prachi Desai... 

I didn't say BW starkid deserved a better break but it's natural thatit'd be easier for them as they have connections. Some aren't talented but have a little something or work a lot and the underserving ones ;  those who don't work hard enough or didn't manage to connect with the public simply disappeared. 

I think somewhere you didn't get what I was saying... read the post I was answering to and my first post. Also it's not a subject that interest me as I find itquite redundant so...

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Absolutely. When someone is handed a career not on merit but based on nepotism, higher expectations go hand in hand. Not when outsiders are facing casting couches. I will not be as harsh (HA !) on a TV actor or an outsider. I was this harsh on Ranbir and Alia until their performance shut me up. If Harsh is a good actor, I will absolutely change my  tune but I expect a 3 year preparation to yield solid results from the gate. So we will see. 

Actually laughed at that pun. 

I think nepotism can only do so much. If one isn't talented or doesn't have a little something said person will disappear. 

Well let's hope Harsh walks the talks. At least he could learn from his sister's and other starkid's/actors' mistakes
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

If you are entering the industry based on being the relative of your father and sister and look like your sister, chances are people will automatically tag you a bad actor if they consider your sister one. Kind of goes with the territory until proven otherwise.

unfair to him !!!

thats why industry kids are always under pressure and expected more hard work than the outsiders and also put them under lenses for every move comparing to their seniors/sister/father !!

Eboo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Dare to Love ??? Where did this pop up ? Aint this Befikres Slogan ðŸ˜†
MIRZYA trailers till now are pretty much bad edited  Its has potential but i looks boring.
Cant say much about the actors cause i see mostly only visuals and thats the only good thing in this movie right now.  Dont know about the actress but iam pretty sure Harsh will called as the next Superstar is born.
Edited by Eboza - 7 years ago
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: fivestars

unfair to him !!!

thats why industry kids are always under pressure and expected more hard work than the outsiders and also put them under lenses for every move comparing to their seniors/sister/father !!

@red Absolutely agree. Completely unfair to him as an individual. In a fair world, he will be looked upon as an individual and judged on his performance. But all that flies out the window when I compare him to an outsider and how privileged he is. 

@Bold Well duh. You are kidding right, when they get the best directors and choice of scripts, great launches and industry welcome while outsiders are facing casting couches. How dare we the public expect them to act when they come in with just Daddy or Mommy's name. ? Puhlese. In a world where the Jiah Khans are dying (that we hear of) and countless come to Mumbai with dreams and face god knows what, why the hell shouldn't we do it ? 

People are harsh on Kangy for sleeping around, Kat for not knowing the language, Deepika for not being good in the beginning. Well, they all, all of them worked hard and got where they are against tremendous odds. I will not apologize for giving them more benefit of doubt simply because they are outsiders. I will absolutely accept bad acting from kat or Sid because they worked to get where they are and I see the effort even to get there and respect it. But no bad acting  from Harsh not even from the beginning because he has 3 years to prepare and got an entry because of Anil. 
Edited by Justmoi - 7 years ago
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
That's one unique trailer. Some stunning shots too. Don't know why it reminds me of Kisna.