Observer101 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
yes another topic on how some actor is overrated😊
In my case, I feel Anushka is overrated among actresses (among actors there are a whole host of them including Hrithik, Shahid etc).
She is a one mite oerformance actor who can do the bubbly modern girl very well. Anything else and her chinks start showing. She was good in Rab ne... Very good in band Baaja..avg in ladies vs...(Parineeti stole the show there) and decent (barring her distracting lips ) in pk.
She then had Bombay velvet, where she was to act against types as a damaged impulsive moll. Boy how she failed. She was not able to convey either the damaged part of her personality nor her impulsiveness nor the seductiveness of a moll. Nothing. She just came across as an actor trying to play the part. Comparatively Ranbir conveyed his part of a street hustler who tries to play with the big boys so well . He was an absolute revelation. He looked and performed the part with ease.
Even in ddd she somehow came across as very thanda compared to the others. Both Ranveer and Priyanka lived their characters, whereas Anushka felt very bland barely bothering to emote.
Can't understand why directors still want her more than a Kangana or a Deepika 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Have u watched NH10? Or even ADHM snippets?? In the former she literally lives the part of a serious career woman and gritty survivor.
And she is one of th best things on all things ADHM and it's not just fans who r finding her amazing in it.
In Sultan she was amazing as Aarfa and she wasn't at all a random bubbly girl. She connects with the audience emotionally in it that one becomes invested in her life

Also she has a career graph of just 11 films so far and she has done well

And clearly the directors and producers in B town share the same opinion as I do and thus she is getting the best of the offers

pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
No, she actually can act. Was great in NH10. I find her a much much better actress than Deepika...

But Kangana is the supreme, best actress hands down. While Deepika is the prettiest.
Edited by -cuteee.tigress - 7 years ago
Crazy-Lover thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
For me she's underrated lolz
Observer101 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I have not seen NH10, so I can't comment on that. Commenting basis the movies I have seen. She was sorely disappointing in Bombay velvet and also DDD. I am not saying she is a bad actress but yes she still has a long way to go before she is on par with Kangana or a Deepika.
I don't get the hate for Deepika here. As an actress she has evolved tremendously.  I hated her earlier movies because of her acting but then she just changed. cocktail she was Veronica. in chennai express her comedy was pitch perfect and far superior to Sharukhs hamming comedy. In Ram Leela she managed to convey the fiery and passion of a woman in love without being ott( which in a sob movie is the requirement). In finding fanny she was sublime. In Piku, she was Piku and she was Naina in YJHD. In Tamasha she was the soul of the movie. Her only disappointing act was in BM, which partly was also the directors fault. She has managed to convey a variety of characters very well. So yeah presently I feel both Kangana and Deepika are better actors than Anushka
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
she is in fact under rated
I haven't seen nh10 or BV but in ADHM she seems to have killed it...the lighthearted AND the serious stuff.
I loved her dialogue delivery in the 'mujh se pehli si mohabbat mere mehboob na maang' scene in the trailer...it also helps that she looks gorgeous in the movie...I love her styling...she looks prettier than ash to me...ash is same old,boring perfection...alizeh's look is not dead,not boring,not same old perfect.
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I love how people claim she was the bubbly girl in Rab Ne. Actually most of the time she was the very suppressed girl. Her character their was very different from BAnd Baja. And NH10 was amazing. She does well with what's given to her. She just hasn't been fortunate as a Alia (who is also very very talented) to get many roles to chose from. Partially because the critics have underrated her.
Hydro123 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think she is very consistent and thats good thing about her as she never really bad a below avg performance. 
What she lacks is wow factor. 
Kat owns some of the scenes in the movies with her dance and smile. DP with her sexiness. Alia with her acting. Even Ash with her sheer beauty. 
There are no such moments for Anushka. 
Sugar9.00 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
this forum made me depressed lately.. I think I m seeing things now..
later..