Valour Tales: Flight of the Lark; Chapter 2 on pg 14

Posted: 7 years ago
.:.  V a l o u r  T a l e s  .:.

https://i.imgur.com/MGlm3ul.png

"Virpur, Jethalsar, Tetpur, Dhoraji!" shouted the conductor to the dusty road. "Vyaara, Dharampur,  Velachha, Baria!" This was not the time for traffic. The burning midday sun seemed to scorch the earth to the very root of life.

The bus sped on. Through the open window, the young man stared out at the scenes that blew past. A visitor would like stop for a clearer view of the torrid city corridors but he did not care. This was his daily route. Still, he stared on, half-listening to the animated conversation that a couple of passengers seated behind him were having.

Every now and then, a boy or two would be seen. They would wave and clap as the bus passed. Sometimes they'd try to chase it. The young man did not like it. They led him to a corner in his heart which he generally avoided.

The city was still an hour away.

He turned round at the lady seated opposite to him. He took out his canteen and handed it to her. She looked up, startled. "Eat. It doesn't do to go hungry when someone else is at fault." he said. "H-how did you know?" "Ah, long years in this." he straightened the collar of his uniform, "Learnt to know a bit." he smiled.

But that was not all. He always seemed to know a little more than what inferred from observation. His colleagues often made fun of this peculiar quality of his, but also revered him for the same.

As he watched the woman before him drinking a content gulp of water, his mind slipped back with the turning wheels of time.

The past had hurled him to present.
Edited by Radhikerani - 7 years ago
Note: The names of the places have been taken at random from my atlas *hides* and have no directional meaning. Also this is a fantasy/adventure story, so everything happens in an alternate universe.
I sincerely hope you will like this!

Thank you!

. I n d e x .

Prologue - Scroll up
Chapter 1 - Page 7
Chapter 2 - Page 14
Chapter 3 - Coming soon!
Edited by Radhikerani - 7 years ago
great start dear ! please continue soon. eager to read furtherπŸ˜ƒ
Fantastic beginning Pro!
Do continue soon😳
Wow dear...
Awesome prologue...
Just loved it...
Continue soon...
Thanks for pm
Amazing Proteeti!! Very intriguing and captivating start. Waiting for more!! πŸ‘
Nice start dear, Curiosity is intruding me

But I feel it will reveal some great things ahead 😊
awesome update...⭐️⭐️⭐️...interesting one...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘...waiting 4 the next update......thank u 4 pm...πŸ˜ƒ...
Originally posted by KrishnaPriyaa

Res before PM πŸ˜³
Unres
Well done Pro πŸ‘πŸ‘
I love how you have explained his thought process about what he knows πŸ˜³
Update fast πŸ˜Š