Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AASUS thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
woohoo new update coming 😎 i kinda forgot last ch scenes. I guess Meher and Preet in hotel somewhere and then we have to see how family gets to know this detail. That is where it is i think.
AASUS thumbnail
Fatima did you know entire epis r updated but u hv to chk to see whether they r good.

Deeps gave me another download program - I didn't try that yet. I used my old one.
Anyhow if you want epis they are there.

The corrections you asked - those i hv not re done. I may get to do after finishing the yoga lessons.

AASUS thumbnail
Wimbledon finals - uh not excited today to watch this year for wt ever reason. So skipping I think. 😕
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: AASUS

Fatima online 🥳 party time 

Fatima i started my 1st yoga lesson today oh boy it was intense towards the end. It's a Program Inner Engineering - 7 day lesson and then two days hv to go on retreat after - separate registration for that.

anyhoo wish me luck that I do concentrate 😆😆😆 actually my mind doesn't wander but u hv to sit cross leg hai na so leg hurts and i think of that instead of lesson 🤡 anyhoo lets see how i do tomo morning. 1 hr and half each day for 7 day lessons oyeee

Ooo...Yoga...how is that working out?

I've thought about trying it...but I just don't have the time or patience...😆
Fatima_Q thumbnail

woohoo new update coming 😎 i kinda forgot last ch scenes. I guess Meher and Preet in hotel somewhere and then we have to see how family gets to know this detail. That is where it is i think.

Yes that's pretty much what happened. 😆
Fatima_Q thumbnail

Fatima did you know entire epis r updated but u hv to chk to see whether they r good.

Deeps gave me another download program - I didn't try that yet. I used my old one.
Anyhow if you want epis they are there.

The corrections you asked - those i hv not re done. I may get to do after finishing the yoga lessons.

Yay!!  I'll start checking them tomorrow 👍🏼
Fatima_Q thumbnail

Wimbledon finals - uh not excited today to watch this year for wt ever reason. So skipping I think. 😕

This is the 1st year in a long time I'm not watching either...just too much on my plate right now. 🤔
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Almost done editing...I'll have an update up tomorrow Insha'Allah 😃
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Okay so let's begin with a little Meet VM Treat.

I actually made this a while back, but didn't share it officially with you guys.

Hope you like it 😃

Dichkiyaon Doom Doom

Fatima_Q thumbnail

Chapter 43 - The Other Woman

Recap (because it's been so long 😆 ):  Preet and Meher were stranded when his car broke down.  The owner of Hotel Decent turned them out because of their loud argument.  Meher falls asleep next to Preet in the alternate shelter they found.

Meher woke up with a start, not remembering where she was for a moment.  There was a further moment of alarm, when she realized her head was resting on a rock hard arm.  She looked over to find Preet lying next to her.  His eyes were closed.  That meant she had gotten up before him.  Good.  She would get up and out of the way and maybe he wouldn't realize that she had used his arm for a pillow all night.  She slowly slipped away from him and sat up.  Preet immediately opened his eyes.  The smile slowly spreading across his face told her that she would have no such luck.  "I'm...uh...woh...I'm sorry, she mumbled.  "I...uh...I didn't mean to wake you...or to fall asleep on you for that matter."

"Yeah...I wonder how that happened," said Preet.

"Woh...uh...it was cold...," stammered Meher.  "I mean...I thought you...you must be cold, so I decided to share..."

"Body heat?" Preet asked teasingly.

"The blanket," scowled Meher.

"Oh...is that how it went?" chuckled Preet.  He stretched his arms out in front of him then rubbed the back of his neck. 

"Preet, I'm sorry," Meher blurted out. 

"For using my arm as a pillow?" He looked at her questioningly.

Meher shook her head and smiled.  "For what I said last night.  I don't know what overcame me.  I guess after what happened with Viren I was on my guard and I said some awful things to you.  I mean, I'm not trying to justify what I said...it's just that...I want you to know...that I know you'd never hurt me.  Hain na?"

Preet broke out into a soft smile and nodded.

"You're smiling," Meher sighed in relief.  "Does that mean you're no longer upset with me?"

"I want to be," admitted Preet.  "But I can't.  He reached out and caressed her cheek with the back of his fingers.  "I'm in love with you, remember?"

Their eyes met and Meher felt her face grow warm under his lingering gaze.  She took a deep breath, stood up and busied herself in folding and putting the old blanket away.  "Uh...you never mentioned how you found me last night," she said.

"To be honest, it was mostly by luck.  You were gone when I got back to the hotel with the food.  I asked the manager, but he had no idea where you were," explained Preet.  "I figured you may have tried to go back to the car, so I started heading this way.  I was passing this old place and saw a piece of your dupatta stuck on the door post and came inside to look for you...and that's when you tried to attack me with some broken piece of furniture."

"Sorry," winced Meher.

"It's okay," chuckled Preet.  "I would have done the same thing, if I were in your place."

"So...what now?" asked Meher.

"My phone is dead, so I can't call anyone," sighed Preet.  "I suggest we go back to the car.  We're about half way to it anyway.  I have a battery pack in the glove compartment.  It'll charge my phone right up.  I can call back to my house and ask for a driver to bring over another car while mine gets fixed.  We can go get something to eat and then I'll drop you home."  He saw her hesitate.  "Come on Meher, we've already slept together, what's the big deal in taking a little more time out just to eat."

Meher's mouth fell open.  "Preet Juneja...that sounds so awful!"

"What does?" grinned Preet.

"Us...sleeping...together I mean," stammered Meher.  "You're making it sound like we...and we didn't...it just sounds so bad."

Preet smiled then walked up to her.  He took her hand in his, pulled her closer to him, and toyed with a lock of her hair with his other hand.  "And...was it?" he asked.  "...So bad, I mean."

Meher couldn't remember when exactly she fell asleep, but she did remember the feel of Preet's arms holding her.  It had felt so right...so wonderful.  She slowly looked up at him.  He was staring at her with such intensity that it made her pulse quicken.  She could feel the color rise in her cheeks again.  Her stomach clenched in confusion, and her legs began to feel weak.  She took a deep breath and stepped away from him, determined to put a safe distance between them.  "I...uh...I wonder if Papa-Ji is up yet," she said trying to change the topic.

"You can call him once I charge my phone," offered Preet.  "At least that way he'll know you're okay.  Speaking of which...Meher...I want to be there when you talk to your father about Viren."

"What?  Why?" asked Meher.

"For moral support, and because quite frankly I'm tired of playing games," sighed Preet.  He pressed his fingers to the bridge of his nose then took a deep breath.  "I want to ask your father for his permission to marry you."

"No!  You can't!" cried Meher.

"Why not?" asked Preet.  "I know you love me Meher.  I can see it in your eyes.  And even if you don't remember...you told me so the other day yourself that you do.  I mean, what do I have to do to get you out of this constant phase of denial you keep falling back into?  I know...I'll go lie down on some railroad tracks, and get run over by a train."

"Preet...," sighed Meher.

"No wait, I've got something better," Preet held up a finger.  "I'll shoot myself in the head.  And then when they carry my dead body out...you can throw yourself over it and weep.  He took Meher's dupatta, placed it over his head and fell to his knees mimicking a girl's voice.  "Preet...tumne aisa kyun kiya (why did you do this)?  Tumhe pata nahin main tumse kitna pyar karti hoon (Don't you know how much I love you)?"

"Okay fine," Meher rolled her eyes.  "I admit it...I love you."

"You do?"  Preet was caught off guard.  "Uh...I mean, of course you do.  I knew it.  It's nice to hear you finally admit it though.  That's it then...what's holding you back?  Viren is out of the picture."

"But Ashlesha is not," Meher reminded him.  She threw her hands up in the air in frustration, showing the clear disparity between what her heart wanted and what her mind was telling her to do.  "You...you still have to do what your family...especially your father expects from you."

Preet stood up and took both of her hands in his.  "What about what you and I want?" he asked.

"We both know you and I are not that selfish Preet," sighed Meher.  "Neither one of us would do anything to deliberately hurt our families."

"And what if my family doesn't want me to marry Ash?" Preet prodded her further.  "Would you think differently then?"

"What are you talking about?" asked Meher.

"You remember you asked me about looking worried at Veera's wedding?" asked Preet.  "Well...I was.  I overheard Rishap and Daljeet Rampal plotting against my family.  They're involved in some kind of fraud, and want to use my family's business to legitimize their activities.  The guy I met with last night was part of a trap they had laid out for my family to invest in a dummy corporation.  We would have lost a great deal of money had we gone through with the deal.  But that's what they wanted, so my father would become even more desperate for my marriage to Ash.  Luckily I found out about it and we were able to cancel the deal in time."  Meher's mouth fell open in surprise.  "No one, not even Bauji or Heer Bahbi knows, but my brothers and I have been investigating the Rampal's dealings for sometime now.  And with each passing day we're becoming more and more convinced that they're as crooked as they come.  We just need to gather a little more proof before we lay the facts before my father.  Prem Bhaiya is leaving for London today to do just that.  So you see Meher, it's just a matter of time before my father himself will call off this farce of a marriage arrangement."

"Really Preet?" Meher asked hopefully.  "Tum such keh rahe ho (are you telling me the truth)?"

"Dharti Ma ki kasam," replied Preet.  He cupped her face with his hands and made her meet his gaze.  "So how about it Cinderella?  How about if you stop pushing me away once and for all, and agree that we are meant to be?"  He could tell she was waging a battle within herself, and the part that wanted to be with him was winning.  He held his breath and studied her face for a reaction.  He wasn't disappointed.  Her beautiful eyes widened as a smile lit up her face, and she threw her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. 

"I can't believe it," she cried as tears began to well up in her eyes.  "It seems almost too good to be true."

"But it is," chuckled Preet.  He wrapped his arms around her and returned the hug, relishing the feel of her soft body pressed against his.  "You have to promise me you won't say anything to anyone about this Meher.  Not to your parents.  Not even Sam.  At least not until my brothers and I have completed our investigation and told our father."

"Don't worry, I won't say a word to anyone," sniffled Meher.

Preet pulled away to look at her.  "Arey...tum roh kyun rahi ho (why are you crying)?" he asked.

"I'm not," Meher smiled as he wiped away her tears.  "These are happy tears Preet.  You have no idea how difficult it has been all this time to pretend like you didn't matter to me.  To constantly push you away...to hurt you.  I'm sorry Preet.  I'm so sorry.  I thought I was doing what was best for you and your family.  I never meant to hurt you.  If anyone else had been in your shoes...they would have given up long ago...but you..."

"I can't go a single day without thinking about you Cinderella," Preet smiled softly.  "So how could I possibly give up on you?"  He moved to hug her again and she buried her face in his chest.

Just then there was some noise at the door, and they pulled away from each other reluctantly.  A man holding a broom and some empty boxes pushed the door open.  He stared at the young couple questioningly.  "Oye, kaun ho tum log (Who are you people)?"

Preet looked at Meher and smiled.  "We better go."

Later...

"So, what will you have Cinderella?" Preet asked Meher as their waiter at a small dhaba stood by patiently with pad and paper in hand ready to take down their order.

"Inka naam Cinderella hai (Is her name Cinderella)?" asked the waiter.  Meher looked up at him in surprise.  "Nahin woh...meri choti behan ko Disney bauhat pasand hai na...is liye pooch raha tha.  Kabhi kisi Cinderella se real life mein nahin milla na...is liye...(It's just that my little sister is very fond of Disney and I've never met Cinderella in real life, so I was just asking...)"

"She's as real life a Cinderella as can get," Preet winked at Meher.  "And she's mine."

"Preet!" Meher hissed as her cheeks turned pink.  "Can we order now?"

"Oh right...um...how's the nihari?" Preet asked the waiter.

"You want nihari sir?" the waiter asked in surprise.

"Yes, why?" asked Preet.

"No...it's just that...you look more like the bread and butter types," mumbled the waiter.  "You know continental breakfast and all, like they serve in the big hotels on fine porcelain plates."

Meher laughed at his remark.

"Yeah well, no matter what I look like, I'll have you know I'm not shy when it comes to eating," said Preet.

"In that case the nihari here is A-1 sir," grinned the waiter.  "The chole batture are good too."

"Fine.  Bring us one of each then, with some good strong tea," said Preet.  He waited until the waiter left then pulled out his phone and attached it to the battery pack.  It charged his phone right up.  "Will you look at that."

"What?" asked Meher. 

"There are 23 missed calls on here from Gaurav, said Preet.  "It must be important."  He called his friend back.

"Where the hell have you been Preet?!" Gaurav answered the phone immediately.  "I've been trying to get a hold of you since last night."

"I saw you last night remember," said Preet.

"A lot can change in a couple of hours my friend," Gaurav pointed out.  "Sam has been trying to reach Meher, but she's not answering either."

"Is that what this is about?" asked Preet.  "You don't have to worry then...she's with me.  We're actually having breakfast together."

"Great," smiled Gaurav.  "How soon can you get to my place?"

"Is everything alright?" asked Preet.

"It's more than alright," chuckled Gaurav.  "It's out of this world!  We nailed him Preet!  We nailed him good!  Sam will be here later with the evidence.  How soon can you guys get here?"

"Gaurav, you're not making any sense," sighed Preet.

"Then listen carefully Preet..." said Gaurav.

Preet's eyes widened in surprise, as he listened to what his friend had to say.

"I want you to bring Meher over here as soon as possible," said Gaurav.  "I've called Mr. Maan and asked him to come too.  I thought he should be here."

"I agree," said Preet.  When he was done, he immediately dialed another number.  "Hello Bhabi?  Hi...yeah...it's me Preet.  Did PB leave for his trip?"

"Yes, but Preet, tum kahan ho?" asked Heer.  "You didn't come home last night.  Are you alright?"

"I'm fine Bhabi.  More than fine," replied Preet.  "My car broke down on the way back from the meeting, so I had to spend the night out.  I need a replacement vehicle brought over to me right away."

"Okay, the driver should be on his way back from dropping Prem off at the airport," said Heer.  "I'll tell him to come over directly to you.  Listen Preet...Bauji was asking about you.  Prem said you guys are working on something top secret, so I didn't know what to tell him."

"Just tell him I'm with Gaurav," said Preet.  "That's where I'll be heading from here anyway."

"What's going on Preet?" Meher asked as Preet completed his call.

"You'll find out soon enough Meher," smiled Preet.  "But I assure you it's something you're going to like."  He saw the waiter heading in their direction with their order.  "Come, let's hurry up and eat.

Later...

Meher and Preet walked into the living room of Gaurav's house.  Meher was surprised to see her father waiting there for him.

"Papa-ji?  What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Gaurav Sir asked me to come.  He said it was extremely important," Balraj explained as he hugged his daughter.  "Are you alright?  Kuljeet said you called last night saying you'd be late, but you didn't come home at all."

"I'm fine Papa-ji," said Meher.  "Woh...last night...I was uh..."

"She was with me," Preet spoke up.  "I mean, we were together...uh...I mean we had to spend the night at...uh...a very decent hotel."  Without going into the details, he explained to Balraj how Viren had left Meher at the restaurant after their argument, and how he had tried to bring her home, but his car had broken down, and they were forced to find a place to spend the night. 

"This is an outrage!" cried Balraj.  "I can't believe Viren would do such a thing!  What was he thinking?!  You could have gotten lost or hurt!"

"Papa-ji, I'm fine," Meher tried to calm her father down.  "Fortunately, Preet was there to help me."

Balraj clasped Preet's hand in his.  "Thank you for taking care of my daughter Preet Sir.  I don't know how I can ever repay you."

"Ordinarily I wouldn't ask anything of you Mr. Maan, but this time, you do have something that I want very much," Preet looked at Meher and smiled.

"Humne aap ka namak khaya hai Sir.  Aap ke liye toh jaan bhi hazir hai (You'll find me loyal and ever at your service Sir)," said Balraj.  "But this Viren!  Just wait until I get my hands on him."

"You'll want to get more than your hands on him when we get done here today," said Gaurav.  "We just have to wait until Sam get here."

"I still don't understand what this is all about," said Meher.  "Why are we waiting here for Sam?  And why do you and Preet look like two little kids that have been let loose in a candy shop?"

"All in good time Meher...we'll tell you everything...all in good time," smiled Gaurav. 

Just then the door bell rang.

"Looks like the good time is about to begin," chuckled Preet

Moments later...

Sam walked into the living room, followed by a young woman in her mid-twenties, holding a bright-eyed little boy by the hand.  He looked to be about 4 years old.

"Hey everyone," smiled Sam, as she walked into the living room.  "I'd like you all to meet Sneha. " She bent down and ruffled the little boy's hair.  "And this is her son Rahul.  Sneha these are my friends...Gaurav, Preet...and Meher."

"Oh...so you're Meher," Sneha said stiffly.  She let go of her son's hand and walked up to her.

Meher stood up to greet her.  "I'm sorry, have we met?"

"No, how could we, when everyone has been doing everything in their power to keep us apart," said Sneha.

"Okay, now I'm totally confused," said Meher.

"Allow me," said Gaurav.  "Hey Rahul, come here, look what I've got for you."  The little boy ran over to him.  Gaurav took out a chocolate and handed it to him.  "No nuts, just the way you like it."

"Thanks Gaurav uncle," smiled Rahul.  "Can I eat it now?"

"Sure you can," smiled Gaurav.  "But I need you to do me one little favor first.  I want you to tell my good friend Meher here your full name."

"Rahul Chadda," the little boy grinned proudly.

"Chadda?" Meher said in surprise.

"That's right," Sneha said flatly.  "Rahul is Viren and my son."

Hearing his father's name the little boy looked up happily.  "Ooo...is daddy going to be here too mommy?"

"Yes he is," said Gaurav.  "He'll be here in a little while.  Sam, why don't you take our young friend here into the study?"

"That sounds like a good idea," nodded Sam.  "Come on Rahul, do you want to do some coloring with me?  I know where we can get some paper and some really neat colors."

Balraj Maan watched Sam take Rahul away.  "I...uh...I think I need to sit down."  Meher put a reassuring hand on her father's shoulder as he sank into an arm chair.

She then looked up in a confused manner.  "Will someone please tell us what's going on?"

"You mean you really don't know," Sneha snapped at her.  "Or are you just playing me for a fool, just like Viren?"

"Sneha, calm down," said Gaurav.  "Meher isn't at fault here, Viren is.  We're all on your side, so please...go ahead and tell her what you told me and Sam."

"Fine," sighed Sneha.  She sat down, took a deep breath, then looked up at Meher.  "Viren and I were high school sweethearts.  We first met in 9th grade and were inseparable ever since.  I even followed him to medical school.  Viren was always talking about how he wasn't going to have the same life his parents did.  He was going to go places no matter what.  I hoped he would take me with him.  My parents never liked him.  They always always warned me that he was an opportunist.  But I always thought he was working hard to achieve his dreams of success.  We were in our 2nd year of university, when I found out I was pregnant with Rahul.  My parents were furious, and so was Viren.  He told me it was all my fault...that I had been careless, and that he wasn't ready to be a father.  My parents approached his family to talk about our marriage, but they weren't accepting of me at all.  In fact, his mother had the gall to suggest that I was some cheap floozy that was trying to trap her future "doctor son"...that she was going make sure her son married a girl that would help him get to where he wanted in life.  I guess you're that cash cow they were waiting for."  Sneha looked at Meher with hurt in her eyes.

Meher stared at the floor.  Her brows knitted in fury at everything she had just heard.

"You know what the worst part was?" continued Sneha.  "Viren didn't even have the guts to stand up for me.  I thought he loved me, but the only thing that jerk loves is himself.  I had to drop out of university.  Between medical expenses and taking care of the baby, I couldn't afford to continue.  Whatever little help Viren gave every now and then...I had to fight for tooth and nail.  With my parents support, I was able to finish a beautician's course.  I got a good job at the spa, and I make enough for me and Rahul to get by on.  About a year ago, Rahul walked in on Viren and me arguing.  He recognized him as his Papa from some pictures I had.  To see his father in person for the first time...it was as if someone had handed my son the moon...he was that happy.  He ran to Viren and clung to his leg like he was never going to let go.  And for that one instant, Viren seemed to melt too.  The next few months were like a dream.  Viren would stop by to see Rahul.  We became cordial again...started to have those long conversations about what the future held.  Then a few months ago everything changed.  Viren told me he had found a fairy God-mother.  She was going to get him settled in America.  The only problem was it wasn't with me and Rahul...it was with his new fiance...Meher."

Meher looked up at Sneha apologetically.  "Sneha...you have to believe me...I didn't know."

"It's okay," sighed Sneha.  "I guess I'm more mad at myself than you.  I was a fool to have fallen for Viern, and I was a fool for slipping once again and thinking he had changed after meeting Rahul.  Look Meher, I don't want to be a home wrecker.  If you and Viren love each other and want to get married...hey then...more power to you.  I won't stand in your way.  My job at the spa is enough for me and my son to get by on for now, but Rahul starts school next year.  All I want is for Viren to maintain a relationship with his son, and help with his share of the expenses to help raise him.  Is that too much to ask for?"

"Perhaps Viren would like to answer that question himself," said Sam, as she led him into the room the everyone was gathered in.

"What's going on here?" Viren asked Sam, when he saw that Preet and Mr. Balraj were in the room.  As soon as he saw Sneha sitting on the sofa to his left, he did an about turn and tried to exit the room, but Sam blocked the way.  Preet and Gaurav were at his side in an instant, and each grabbed him by the arm.

"Let me go!" cried Viren.  "Gaurav you liar!  I thought you asked me over here to help patch things up between me and Meher."

"Oh we'll patch you up alright...right after I break every bone in your body," Preet said through gritted teeth.

"What did you tell them?" Viren sneered at Sneha.

"Only the truth," she snapped back.

"Ha!" cried Viren.  He broke free from Preet and Gaurav's grip and knelt down before Meher.  "She's lying Meher...I don't know what she's filled your mind with, but she's lying!  She's a psycho!  In fact, she's been stalking me since medical college!"

"How dare you?!" cried Sneha.  She stood up seething with anger.

"And how dare you!" Viren shot back as he stood up to face her.  "Your own life is a mess...so now you're trying to ruin mine!"

"For God's sake Viren, stop lying!" cried Meher.  "At least think of your son."

"What son?  Whose son?" Viren played dumb.

"Enough!" cried Balraj.  He grabbed Viren by the shoulder, spun him around and slapped him squarely across his face.  "That's for how you treated Meher last night!"  He held him by the collar and slapped him again.  "And that's for what you've done to this poor girl!"

"Papa-ji...please," Meher pleaded, as she held her father's arm.

"No Meher!" cried Balraj.  "He needs to be taught a lesson."

Just then Rahul walked into the room holding a piece of paper.  "Daddy!" He cried out in delight, then ran and hugged Viren.  "You're here!  Look what I made for you.  He held up his drawing proudly for his father to see."

Not wanting to cause a commotion in front of the child, Balraj reluctantly stepped away from Viren.

"Hmph!  You can deny his existence all you want, but your son saved you today," Sneha said bitterly.

"Uh...Rahul," Sam spoke up.  "I'm sure your father loved your drawing.  Why don't you come with me and we'll have some ice cream now?"

"Yay!" squealed Rahul.  "Will you still be here when I get back daddy?"

"Of course he will," Sam answered for Viren.

Viren watched Sam take Rahul by the hand and lead him away, then looked at the angry faces staring back at him in the room.  "Okay fine...so...I have a son!  So what?!"  He threw his hands up in the air.  "It's not like I killed someone!"

"No...but that was a very important little detail you hid from Meher," frowned Preet.  "You should be ashamed of yourself."

"Oh that's rich coming from you!" scoffed Viren.  "I bet you're all smug and happy about letting the cat out of the bag.  At least I can chalk what happened between Sneha and me to the foolishness of youth...but what about you?  You're engaged to someone else but have been secretly pining away for my fiance!"

"What?" Balraj said confused,

"Why you...!!" cried Preet.  He lunged towards Viren but Gaurav held him back.

Viren turned to Meher.  "Look Meher, I'm sorry.  I'm sorry for the way I behaved last night.  And I'm sorry for not telling you about Rahul.  I was afraid you wouldn't agree to marry into a ready made family.  Mrs. Rampal set up such a great opportunity for me...for us, that I just couldn't let anything spoil it.  It's everything I've always ever wanted."

"So, is that how you see me?" Meher said grimly.  "As a means for you to achieve your goals?"

"No...uh...that's not what I meant...," Viren shook his head.  "I care about you deeply Meher.  Look, I know we argued last night, but which couple doesn't fight?  If you give me another chance, I promise we'll have a great future together."

"Really...," said Meher.   "Just like the future Sneha thought she had with you until I walked ino the picture?"

"No no Meher, I would never leave you," insisted Viren.

"But you left her alone to fend for herself last night," said Preet.

"That was because I was angry okay, she slapped me!" Viren snapped back.

"Only because you tried to hit on me!" replied Meher.

"What?!" cried Balraj.  "Meher...why didn't you tell me about this?"  He glared angrily at Viren and pointed a finger at the door.  "Get out of my sight you scoundrel before I strangle you!"

"But...," tried Viren.

"I said get out!" cried Balraj.

Viren looked helplessly at Meher, then glared angrily from Sneha to Preet, but there was nothing he could do.  He began to walk towards the door, but paused briefly in front of Preet.  "Tumhe toh main dekh loon ga Preet (you haven't seen the last of me)," he said through gritted teeth.

"I'll be waiting," replied Preet.

A short while later...

Preet and Meher walked Sneha and Rahul out to the front gate of Gaurav's house, where a taxi was waiting for her.

"I'm sorry guys," sighed Sneha.  "I'm sorry things had to turn out so bad."

"Not as sorry as I would have been had I married Viren," said Meher.  She took Sneha's hand in hers.  "I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate you coming over here today and telling us the truth about him."

"Yeah...sure," sighed Sneha.  "Can you believe it...I still have feelings for the creep."

"You can do better, trust me," Preet said reassuringly.

"I hope things get better for you and Rahul," added Meher.

"I hope so too," sighed Sneha.  "Well...I guess I'll see you around."

Preet helped Rauhl into the taxi, then stood back and waved as it pulled out and headed on its way.

"I feel so bad for her," sighed Meher.

"So do I," Preet nodded his head in agreement.  "So...um...what now?"

"What do you mean?" asked Meher.

Preet smiled and put his arm around Meher's shoulder.  "I mean...what about us?  Your dad is here.  Should we tell him about us?  He must be so worried about you...your future.  I think it would be reassuring for him to know that his real son-in-law was waiting on the sidelines all this time."

Meher hesitated for a moment.  "No, not yet Preet."  She gently pushed his arm off her shoulders.

"Why not?" asked Preet.  "Ab toh hamari kahani ka villain bhi chala gaya (Now, the villain of our story is gone)."

"Not really," sighed Meher.  "There are plenty of other villains remaining, I'm afraid.  Like Mr. and Mrs. Rampal...Ashlesha..."

"And my Bauji," added Preet. 

Meher bit her lower lip.  "Preet...I wasn't about to suggest that."

"Why not?  He's as villainous as they come as far as I'm concerned," frowned Preet.

"Preet...he's your father," said Meher.

"Maybe someone should remind him of that fact," said Preet. 

"I know you're working hard to expose the Rampal's fraud Preet, but I do worry if your father will accept me even after you do," sighed Meher.  "There is a great difference between our families, you know."

"And you must also know that I care about none of that," said Preet.

"But your father may," said Meher.

"Don't worry Meher," Preet reassured her.  "The only reason my father has even given me the time of day is because he thinks I'm a valuable pawn in this business deal he's got going with the Rampals.  Once he knows otherwise, I'll go back to being the black sheep son he doesn't even know exists.  Who I want to spend the rest of my life with will be the least of his concerns."

"Are you sure?" asked Meher.

"Dharti Ma ki kasam," grinned Preet as he pulled her into a hug.

"Preet!" Meher hissed as she squirmed in his arms.  "My Papa-ji will see us."

"So? smiled Preet.  "Jab pyar kiya toh darna kya (when you're in love have no fear)?"

"Really," giggled Meher as she gently pushed him away.  "Control yourself Preet..."  She shook her head at him then started back towards the house.

"Arey Meher sunno na (Hey Meher wait up)...," Preet said as he headed after her.

Both were unaware of a black Mercedes that had pulled up outside the gate of Gaurav's house.  The window of the backseat rolled down to reveal Ashlesha Rampal's fuming face.

Once again, sorry for the long gap between updates.

I've been super busy.

Anyway, I hope you all  found the chapter interesting.  😊

Please hit the like button and leave your feedback for me.

It would be greatly appreciated.

Links to lots of Meet scenes are on page 1, 5th post of this thread, so do check them out.

Take care and happy reading. 🤗

Chapter 44 Preview: Meher celebrates her freedom with her friends

Link to: Chapter 44

Link to Table of Contents: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/136805557

Edited by Fatima_Q - 6 years ago