"I promise to be the light to your darkness."

1st of February.

She left me.

Swallow.

I lost her.

Swallow.

I miss her.

Swallow.

I don't even remember how many drinks I had since I got there. All I could remember was Zoya and just Zoya. Her plump lips, her little nose, her beautiful eyes, her mesmerizing body.. Every piece in my heart was darkness. She had given me the gift of love but she took it from me straight away.

Zoya:

I broke his heart.

One step.

I lost him.

Another one.

I didn't want to.

PS: I love you..

I didn't want to leave Asad but I had to. My father had arranged a wedding between me and his friend's son. I didn't want to leave Asad but if I didn't do this, I would never be able to see my mother.

Flashback.

"For once in your life listen to me Zoya! If you don't marry Ayaan then forget about seeing your mother ever again." I listened to my father, the light in my heart switching off forever as I heard my father. So that was my dilemma, my love for my mother or Asad.

End of flashback.

Asad:

I got up and I went to our- I meant my loft.

It will be so hard.

I entered my bathroom and her scent filled my nostrils.

I can't let you go Zoya.

I finished showering myself then I went to bed. I found a letter on her bedside table and I opened it.

"Dear Asad,

Before you read further, remember that I love you. Asad I'm telling you the reason why I'm leaving and please understand my decision. Asad it's been three years since I've found my mother, I mean my real mother not Raziya. Asad today, Ghafoor Ahmed Siddiqui called me saying that he had kidnapped my mother. My own father did this. I would be able to see her again only if I marry with Ayaan, his friend's son. Its for financial reasons he said! But I don't care about this! I'm just doing this for my mother. Please forgive me, I never wanted to end up things like this. Actually I didn't want us to end at all."

Zoya:

That's it.

I'll miss you so much.

I was going back to India.

Please Asad, come and save me.

I looked at the photo of us cuddling in bed while I was crying silently. I sat on my seat waiting for the plane to take off.

14th of February 2016.

I was sitting on the bed crying. In few hours, I would be married to Ayaan. Ghafoor had told me that once I was married to Ayaan I would be able to know about my mum's whereabouts.

I was looking at myself into the mirror thinking that I was in this wedding attire for someone else than Asad. I stared at the ring around my finger and I pulled it away. I couldn't do it.

"Zoya! Hurry up!" My father roared and I wiped my tears.

"Coming!" I stuttered.

I pulled the ring back in my finger and I left my room.

"Are you ready?" He asked me and even if he was my father, I wanted so much to slap him.

"I'm ready. But I just want a proof that my mother is fine." I said and he sighed heavily.

"Your mother will be okay as long as you listen to me." He said and dragged me to the hall. I was already panicking and I just wanted to leave this house, this city, I just wanted to find my mother and to run back into Asad's arms.

"I still disagree to this wedding Ghafoor." I whispered as I was arriving in front of Ayaan.

"Just shut up and do what you have to do!" He whispered back tightening his grip on my arm. He basically threw me on my seat when I arrived in front of Ayaan. But no one would say anything. After all he was the famous Ghafoor Ahmed Siddiqui!

I saw Ayaan through the veil and he was just smiling like a dumbfounded. I swallowed the lump in my throat as the ceremony began.

"Zoya Siddiqui, daughter of Ghafoor Ahmed Siddiqui, kya aapko yeh nikkah qubool hai?" The Qazi asked for the third time and Ayaan was looking expectantly at me.

No one's pov.

"Qubool.." She began while tears were streaming down her face.

"Qubool nahin hai!" A deep voice echoed behind all the invites. Zoya looked behind all the invites and saw him. In fact, she didn't have to look at him, she knew his voice by heart.

"Asad.." She whispered and smiled with tears filling her eyes.

"What are you doing here?" Ghafoor roared at him.

"I'm here to take back my Zoya! And to put you in jail for kidnapping her mother Nadiya Farooqui!" Asad answered and a woman walked to Zoya. She extended her hand at Zoya.

"Ammi!" Zoya stuttered and got up to hug her mother tightly. She kissed Nadiya's forehead.

"Zoya no matter what you had decided regarding this wedding, he would have killed your mother. Asad said and Zoya turned at her father. She slapped him with all her strength.

"I know that I have to respect all the elder ones but it's impossible to respect you! You're such a shame! I don't know how is it possible to love someone like you! I hate you with all my soul!" Zoya said and Ghafoor was going to slap her but Nadiya stopped him.

"Don't dare to touch my daughter, my Zoya. You deserve everything she said to you. And I hope that you'll be intelligent enough to leave my Zoya alone! For your information, Zoya is already married to Asad." Nadiya said and holding, Zoya's hand she walked to Asad.

"Here's your wife Asad." Nadiya said and Zoya looked at Asad crying relentlessly.

"Shh jaan, everything is over. Let's go back home." He said kissing her like there was no tomorrow. While some people were outraged, Zoya and Asad were in their little nest of love.

09th of May 2016.

Zoya left the toilets wiping her mouth and sighing in annoyance.

"What's wrong Zoya?" Nadiya asked rubbing her daughter's back. She was just visiting her daughter from time to time.

"I'm so tired ammi! I've been throwing up since last week! And I have nauseas!" Zoya cried on her mother's lap and Nadiya chuckled softly.

"Stop crying! You should be laughing right now! Zoya you're pregnant!"

"What? Pregnancy?" She asked smiling. It had been more than a year that Asad and her were trying to have a baby and after all this fiasco with her dad she could finally have a bit of happiness.

At night, Zoya was dressed pretty well, with a knee length dress, her hair was pulled back in a messy but classy bun and she had a light make up on.

"Zoya?" Asad called entering the house.

"I'm here!" Zoya replied in the dining-room. He came to her and kissed her.

"You're so beautiful tonight." He whispered and kissed her on the neck. She smiled at him as he went to freshen up.

While they were eating, Zoya was getting tense, really tense.

"Asad.. I.. I need to tell you something.. I.." Zoya sighed and just gave him the pregnancy test. Asad's face lit up and he smiled at her.

"So you're happy?" She asked unsure.

"You're asking me if I'm happy? Zoya! It's a wonderful thing! I'm very happy Zoya!" He got up and knelt in front of her to kiss her belly and then he planted a long kiss on her lips.

14th of February 2017.

"One last time Mrs Khan!" The doctor asked and Zoya pushed one last time. A few minutes later, a cry echoed in the room and Zoya smiled hazily. Asad was laughing happily on seeing the little baby.

"Here's your little daughter!" The nurse said and gave the baby to the new parents.

"Welcome to the world Saffiyah Maya Ahmed Khan!" Zoya chuckled and kissed her forehead and Asad hugged them.

''You're everything that I need and everything that I want. And I love you." He said and kissed her forehead.

"I love you too." Zoya replied and kissed his chin.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raspi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Aww it was soo cute gaffur should be hanged to   death n tnxxx fr pm
anopama thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2