Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

smallwonder

IF-Veteran Member

smallwonder

Posted: 21 November 2006 at 10:21pm | IP Logged
Hey...

I wanted to suggest that we shud have a reputation points system where members/mods can rate and add reputation to other members based on quality of their posts... It can be positive or negative reputationEmbarrassed  Also, reputation points awarded can vary on who is awarding the reputation - i mean, if a newbie reputes another member's post, u can award 5 points, if a senior member does - then 20 points, if a mod does - 50 points, global mod - 75 points, admin - 100 points... this is just an example... u can work on it... please give ur view the admins n dev team n others Tongue

Edited by smallwonder - 22 November 2006 at 10:44pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Reputation Points" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

stuartlittle2

stuartlittle2

Posted: 21 November 2006 at 11:32pm | IP Logged
in 1 month you made 1000 post wow
i am member here last 2 yers still only 400 post
this is my another id for diffrent computer

Miss.Colorfull

IF-Sizzlerz

Miss.Colorfull

Posted: 22 November 2006 at 3:32pm | IP Logged
cool idea

reeha...k

IF-Rockerz

reeha...k

Posted: 22 November 2006 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
wow that sounds cool Big smile ...but wont some ppl take offense to that? and wont some memebrs say.." but they favor that person"...but anyways i think its interesting Big smile

smallwonder

IF-Veteran Member

smallwonder

Posted: 22 November 2006 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by reeha...k

wow that sounds cool Big smile ...but wont some ppl take offense to that? and wont some memebrs say.." but they favor that person"...but anyways i think its interesting Big smile

well, we can have ways to work around that... for eg, we can have a restriction that a member cannot rate the same person again until he has given reputation to 5 other members Embarrassed  Also, we can have a restriction on negative reputation that ONLY mods/admins can give negative reputation - so it cannot be misused...

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 25 November 2006 at 4:35pm | IP Logged
well i really don't know if this will work out because friends will repute their friends and enemies will give them a negative repuation so this will be based on a bias. It's not a bad idea but it will be really crazy and confusing!

smallwonder

IF-Veteran Member

smallwonder

Posted: 28 November 2006 at 4:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by umi82990

well i really don't know if this will work out because friends will repute their friends and enemies will give them a negative repuation so this will be based on a bias. It's not a bad idea but it will be really crazy and confusing!

i think u did not read my last reply Tongue  I am quoting it here again - i think it explains wat u were saying:

well, we can have ways to work around that... for eg, we can have a restriction that a member cannot rate the same person again until he has given reputation to 5 other members - that ensures that friends cant keep rating each other... Also, the points that can be given by normal members wud be very small(say 5) whereas more if a moderator/admin rates someone Embarrassed  Also, we can have a restriction on negative reputation that ONLY mods/admins can give negative reputation - so it cannot be misused...

pari0706

IF-Veteran Member

pari0706

Posted: 30 November 2006 at 5:28am | IP Logged
well i am not sure it will work as umi said it could be biased and result in some members feeling inferior than other and thus could result in them not taking part in the discussion. so i personally think that this idea will not work
however i must say that it is a very good idea and the next comments are very well thought

Post Reply New Post

Go to top