Posted: 7 years ago
I always wonder one thing that why except for Sodhi no one has a car
Ok...i understand that Bhide has a scooter and his income is not as high as other GD members and Popatlal is miser as well as a person with no family so i believe that if these 2 don't buy cars would be okay 

But Jethalal is so rich. In one episode also he had told someone that his annual turnover is more than 1 crore... then can't he afford a car worth Rs.3 or 4 lakhs.. and if he doesn't know driving can't he keep a driver whose salary would be around 12000.

Iyyer is also a scientist who is at a higher position even he can afford a car, every time when he and babita has to go out they look for a rickshaw...

Haathi is also a doctor even he can afford car

Again i can say they can show mehta having a bike if not a car because bike is a common vehicle for working people.

I know that haathi stays in his home all the time but still you will find doctors whose clinics are at their home still buy car...

Jetha is a rahees businessman and you will always find rich Gujratis with cars
If everybody owns a vehicle then Sodhi's importance will reduce in the show. He is the official Driver of Gokuldham society.
Yes,I agree everybody should have a vehicle. In fact,we have discussed this topic earlier too.Actually,in the initial episodes, Iyer and jetha did had a car but all of a sudden those cars disappeared. 

Btw,I often wonder where does Sodhi park his jeep?
Originally posted by .Subha.

If everybody owns a vehicle then Sodhi's importance will reduce in the show. He is the official Driver of Gokuldham society.
Yes,I agree everybody should have a vehicle. In fact,we have discussed this topic earlier too.Actually,in the initial episodes, Iyer and jetha did had a car but all of a sudden those cars disappeared. 

Btw,I often wonder where does Sodhi park his jeep?

Jethiya had a car? ðŸ˜²
Originally posted by Indiaphorum

Jethiya had a car?😲

Yes,it seems there was a track where the gadas decide to go to a movie and then on the way the tyre gets punchured or something like that happened.I have not watched that track.Other members have said that.

I guess it was a very old episode.
Originally posted by .Subha.

Yes,it seems there was a track where the gadas decide to go to a movie and then on the way the tyre gets punchured or something like that happened.I have not watched that track.Other members have said that.

I guess it was a very old episode.

Yes, Jetha had a car. I remember in the episode where he ran after the mobile thief thinking that he had stolen babita's phone, he said something about not being about to drive as he had pain in body.
Even Mehta had a car... in the episodes where his "Saali: Anjali's sister" had come they had shown him driving a car.
In the old episodes they had shown Babita driving a car once and parking it in the compound only and I remeber in another Babita was complaining about iyer taking the car to office and the other in garage n she having to go in auto.

Really dont understand where all those cars disappeared.
In very early episodes i remember jetha saying to Babita that" mere paas gadi hai, to aap riksaw mein kyun jaa rahi hoon" and all of sudden they started showing himm takinng rikshaw everyday. This is the problem with TMKOC, no consistency in story line.
If not Car they could atleast have a 2 wheeler .Who doesnt have Two wheeler these days?
It will be easier to go office or shop
Originally posted by shruti46

If not Car they could atleast have a 2 wheeler .Who doesnt have Two wheeler these days?
It will be easier to go office or shop

Cus Asit Modi is trying to keep down the production cost.😊
^^
He can cut prod cost by lessing jewellery andheavy dresses.
GD ladies put on loads of jewellery during functions and festivals .
One reason is to increase the dialogues and scenes. They have shown so many auto scenes. And with those scenes, dialogues they are able to make stories. 
If Jstha had a car he wouldn't have lost his grandfather pic and cvs wouldn't be able to make that track. They wouldn't be able to make episodes on with how great difficulty jetha handover the briefcase to Iyers when they were going calcutta and forgot the briefcase at his shop. And many scenes