Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JalebiJane thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by: ashnaMaharaj

Lmao I loved it!Kushi's self talk was hilarious and what made it perfect was arnav heard it lol I love this chatter box and funny kushi.cannot wait for the next episode

Thank you for your comment.
Yes, I too love that madcap side of her. Oblivious to everything :-)

JJ
farheen75 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Khushi and her glorious insights about Mr Raizada was a delight to read again. Khushi's oblivious nature was a very charming aspect of her character. 
JalebiJane thumbnail
Originally posted by: eroni

Omg hahah she is just sooo crazy. And her blabbering tongue Allways gets her in trouble... Wonder what punishment asr has in store for her. I think she Will not loose her job but it surely Will be a difficult one now... Nice writing

Thank you for your comment.
I agree---I adore Khushi. She is a dream character to write scenes for :-) 
JalebiJane thumbnail
Originally posted by: farheen75

Khushi and her glorious insights about Mr Raizada was a delight to read again. Khushi's oblivious nature was a very charming aspect of her character. 

True, Fari. It would not be an exaggeration to say that Khushi was insolent. But also very accurate. What did she say about that was untrue? Perhaps that is why it stings. Thank you for your comment.
ipkknd12 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
😆 Very funny start. Would love to read more. Please continue Maya.
Mrieshka thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
I am so happy to see jal ebi here. I read it when you were updating via Twitter. Glad that you decided to write it again and will complete it hopefully. Beautiful as always.m
Tiramisu_coffee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Maya I am scared to fall in love all over again!
JalebiJane thumbnail

JALEBI by Maya (EPISODE 002)

YOU DO NOT REQUIRE my words to know whom our unfortunate heroine, Khushi Kumari Gupta, encountered when she turned around.

It was, of course, that same gentleman who had been the topic of Khushi's monologue.

No, not Barun Sobti! 

Arnav Singh Raizada! Please put Mr Sobti out of your mind for the next hour, Sisters. Think only of Mr Raizada.

Mr Raizada was standing there. His eyes fixed on Khushi as though there was nobody in the room but she.

And as you know, anger never turned his complexion an unbecoming red. Rather, it chiselled his features into an icy-marble hardness. It made his skin bloodless. His eyes all the more piercing. Like shards of ice.

One of these ice-shards plunged into the centre of Khushi's heart now. 

Oh, it was never easy to stand before such a man. At his best, he was intimidating. At his worse, terrifying. But it was all the more difficult when Khushi knew she was blameworthy. On all those previous occasions, when he had been angry, when they had battled, she had always had the moral advantage of right conduct.

Or if not rightness, at least not malice.

But today, she was fully at fault.

She lowered her eyes, catching her bottom lip between her teeth so that it would not quiver and add mortification to shame.

And then Khushi made an instant decision. She moved past him with quick measured steps heading towards the long staircase which led to his office. She knew what the next scene would be and though the outcome would not be of her choosing, she decided the venue would be. She could not bear to be upbraided by him publicly, in front of all her colleagues.

Fortunately, he followed her. She knew this without turning to see, because she felt his approach.

At the bottom of the staircase, she waited until he caught up.

He did not look at her, but took the lead and marched up the stairs and into his office.

She now followed him. Her steps not quite as quick as before.

At the top of the stairs, she paused, and her gaze returned to the main floor. It was no surprise that all eyes were trained on her. Some rather smug, I might add.

Poor Pari was on her feet, her hands clasping and unclasping, conveying shared responsibility for what had gone from playful banter to hellish reality. All Khushi's felt terror was reflected in that other girl's tear-filled eyes.

But Khushi---always more strong for others than herself---managed to flash her a wobbly-yet-assuring smile and with her eyes she indicated her own desk with meaning.

Pari immediately understood. She replied with a quick nod, went to Khushi's desk and began to place Khushi's personal items into the cloth satchel slung across the chair back. Khushi did not enter Arnav's office until she saw her precious Devi Maiyya murti disappear into her satchel.

She then lifted her eyes to the ceiling and uttered a prayer to that same Goddess.

Not a prayer to save her from the inevitable. No, not that. For a rescue from the hands of ASR was even beyond the powers of DM now. Khushi's plea was simply this: that she would exit the office through this same door. That she would not be flung out of the window as she had been on that previous occasion.

Edited by JalebiJane - 7 years ago
Anu567 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Good one, girl. Khushi seizing what courage she had and as always at her strongest for others, rather than for herself. Waiting! 

Best,

Anu
crazy4ArnavSR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Haha! Tht was funny to see her scurrying towards staircase evn in such tense situation. I missed ur writing style.

Meg