Ek Ladki Anjaani Si (Ek Ladki Anjani Si)

A glass of juice became... Artical

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Amna@20

IF-Dazzler

Amna@20

Posted: 21 November 2006 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
 A glass of juice became Himani's worst night
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   November 22, 2006

Bitter aftertaste: Himani Shivpuri
Actress Himani Shivpuri had the biggest scare of her life last Wednesday. Her daily health routine of a glass of lauki (bottle gourd) juice left her with a severe case of food poisoning. The actress had to be rushed to the hospital.

"This is like a second life for me. It was a nightmare," says Shivpuri, who has now recovered and resumed her shoot schedules.

Nausea attack

"Every morning, I have a glass of lauki juice. But on that particular day, I had an uneasy feeling after drinking it and was overcome with nausea. By 9.30 am, I was puking and running to the loo every few minutes. Within half an hour I felt so weak, that I couldn't even stand. I was completely drained."

Shivpuri's son, Katyayan, then called the family doctor who prescribed some medication. But even after a while there was no change in her condition. "I started passing blood; that's when I realised that there was something seriously wrong.

Katyayan called the doctor again who said it was a case of food poisoning and that I should be taken to the hospital. By now, my condition had worsened. I had turned absolutely cold. I could not even walk. An ambulance had to be summoned."

The actress was rushed to the Mukand Hospital, Marol, where she was put on the drip. "I spent four days in the hospital. The doctors told me my body reacted to the lauki juice. It was a clear case of food poisoning. In fact, they told me that I had reached the hospital in the nick of time."

What a pest!

This episode has made Shivpuri wary about having raw food like salads and juices. "All this is full of pesticides which damage our bodies. Thank God I was saved. I dread to think what would have happened. I now understand what damage these pesticides can do.

My stomach and intestines went for a toss after a glass of lauki juice! I also realise now what yoga expert Baba Ramdev says, 'If your lauki juice tastes bitter, don't have it. It will cause you harm.' Most of us feel these bitter juices are healthy but they can mess up your body."

Shivpuri, who balances both films and television, featured in J P Dutta's Umrao Jaan. On television, she is seen in the Sony show, Ek Ladki Anjaani Si.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

adnanFarzrwishka17

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A glass of juice became... Artical" in Ek Ladki Anjaani Si (Ek Ladki Anjani Si) forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

meera_patel

IF-Dazzler

meera_patel

Posted: 21 November 2006 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
tfs

lazy_mariyum

IF-Rockerz

lazy_mariyum

Posted: 21 November 2006 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing

Kruthika.N

IF-Veteran Member