Pakistani Serials

Sanam AT # 3 - Osman Khalid Butt, Maya Ali and Hareem - Page 57

sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 7 years ago
Ayla Jaan 😳

Let's face it, Ayla's behavior has nothing to do with whatever her mental condition is. And even if it was, no one is given a free pass to do anything they want to do because of the said condition without having to face any consequences. Ayla would've made into a character worth sympathizing over had we seen anything positive in her. Or heck, just details of her condition and the events of her childhood that led her to become the woman she is. We haven't gotten any such thing so excuse me for agreeing with Harib 1000% when he called her a, "psycho jaahil aurat". Did people really  have issues with Harib calling her that? REALLY?! What else was he supposed to do?! It's literally one thing to spew whatever venom she likes at her own husband but a completely different issue to stand there and pass judgements about strangers right in their faces.

Had Shabnam been in her senses, wo waheen kheench ke do teen thappad marti iss Ayla Jaan ke Azaab ko! And she had every right to! HADD HOTI HAI!! This is the second time Ayla has equated Aan to being a cheap, characterless woman all based on her OWN kachre se bhare hue whims and fantasies. THE AUDACITY OF THIS WOMAN!!! She is standing at the door of her husband's friend who is SINGLE and LIVES ALONE! She has been staying over a single man's house without any care and consideration of her husband or heck, even her family..and she had the nerve to call Aan a characterless woman. This woman doesn't need a psychiatrist, she needs to be freakin' educated ALL over again. She was making disgusted faces at Shabnam's way of speaking as it went against her posh sensibilities but had no issues with the kind of vulgar things she herself had to say?!

I agree with Husna, why does everyone feel the need to pamper Ayla? Clearly this lady has no sense. Shehroze and Harib have been trying to make things work but she is too busy acting like the center of the universe to care about anything else. "Main decide kar chuki hoon." Daffa! Isska chapter koi close karo...ye mujhe pagal kar chorhe gi -_-

Ufff...

Harib's becharigi was quite toned down compared to the previous episode. It's good to see the well justified anger being mixed in with the helplessness that he feels. He so didn't sign up for all this trouble. Marriage was supposed to be a beginning of a new life for him..the kind of life he was denied all these years because of the circumstances. Hmm..now that I think about it, situation would've been a heck load different had the same information been given to us about Ayla as Harib's was. The writing so clearly paints Harib as the victim in the narrative here...KHAIR! Jo hai so hai. Harib ki #sedlyf wali shakal dekh ke tou ab bohat taras aata hai. Man, he needs to get out of this marriage ASAP.

While it's good of Aan to tell him not to give up and work hard to save his marriage, is it really worth it? Ayla has done more than just lay out baseless accusations. The "shakk" could've been forgiven with time but her actions of refusing to give Harib a chance and living with Shehroze that has done the most damage. Aan's intentions are nice but she isn't seeing the issue from the bigger angle. She came across as slightly accusing of Harib for not doing enough. She fails to see how dealing with Ayla is basically banging your head on the wall. Koi faida hi nahin hai.

Also, they went to Steak Escape and now I'm hungry 😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChaiBiskoot thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: lostmymusic.

Ayla Jaan 😳

Let's face it, Ayla's behavior has nothing to do with whatever her mental condition is. And even if it was, no one is given a free pass to do anything they want to do because of the said condition without having to face any consequences. Ayla would've made into a character worth sympathizing over had we seen anything positive in her. Or heck, just details of her condition and the events of her childhood that led her to become the woman she is. We haven't gotten any such thing so excuse me for agreeing with Harib 1000% when he called her a, "psycho jaahil aurat". Did people really  have issues with Harib calling her that? REALLY?! What else was he supposed to do?! It's literally one thing to spew whatever venom she likes at her own husband but a completely different issue to stand there and pass judgements about strangers right in their faces.

Had Shabnam been in her senses, wo waheen kheench ke do teen thappad marti iss Ayla Jaan ke Azaab ko! And she had every right to! HADD HOTI HAI!! This is the second time Ayla has equated Aan to being a cheap, characterless woman all based on her OWN kachre se bhare hue whims and fantasies. THE AUDACITY OF THIS WOMAN!!! She is standing at the door of her husband's friend who is SINGLE and LIVES ALONE! She has been staying over a single man's house without any care and consideration of her husband or heck, even her family..and she had the nerve to call Aan a characterless woman. This woman doesn't need a psychiatrist, she needs to be freakin' educated ALL over again. She was making disgusted faces at Shabnam's way of speaking as it went against her posh sensibilities but had no issues with the kind of vulgar things she herself had to say?!

I agree with Husna, why does everyone feel the need to pamper Ayla? Clearly this lady has no sense. Shehroze and Harib have been trying to make things work but she is too busy acting like the center of the universe to care about anything else. "Main decide kar chuki hoon." Daffa! Isska chapter koi close karo...ye mujhe pagal kar chorhe gi -_-

Ufff...

Harib's becharigi was quite toned down compared to the previous episode. It's good to see the well justified anger being mixed in with the helplessness that he feels. He so didn't sign up for all this trouble. Marriage was supposed to be a beginning of a new life for him..the kind of life he was denied all these years because of the circumstances. Hmm..now that I think about it, situation would've been a heck load different had the same information been given to us about Ayla as Harib's was. The writing so clearly paints Harib as the victim in the narrative here...KHAIR! Jo hai so hai. Harib ki #sedlyf wali shakal dekh ke tou ab bohat taras aata hai. Man, he needs to get out of this marriage ASAP.

While it's good of Aan to tell him not to give up and work hard to save his marriage, is it really worth it? Ayla has done more than just lay out baseless accusations. The "shakk" could've been forgiven with time but her actions of refusing to give Harib a chance and living with Shehroze that has done the most damage. Aan's intentions are nice but she isn't seeing the issue from the bigger angle. She came across as slightly accusing of Harib for not doing enough. She fails to see how dealing with Ayla is basically banging your head on the wall. Koi faida hi nahin hai.

Also, they went to Steak Escape and now I'm hungry 😳

well said!

I would want to know what sort of medical condition is this which gives one the liberty to act in such a shameless manner.. give me that reason and i would try to see what ayla's character entails..

But no right now its her stupid whims and choices that she wants to exercise based on her bloated ego of being the better person in the marriage.. clearly she is mistaken .. 
as far as harib is concerned .. u can understand is helplessness although i still think he should go straight to the doctor to see what is wrong with her.. after his attempts to bring her back.. and that will be the final straw to push her away.. unless there is solid proof that her behavior is justified to act this way

damn! that head banging scene in the washroom gave me shivers and that was the only time i guess i could give her the benefit of the doubt.. everything after that was just a crazed accusation ..

Edited by ChaiBiskoot - 7 years ago
Neel_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Seriously I'm done with Ayla after that head banging scene..
Dr. only saw Ayla for one time after that head banging and diagnosed her as bipolar without any sitting or test... give me a break!

She is no bipolar... she is a IED patient. Bad temperament and no respect for any. 
annihilation thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Mais! 🤗
I was beginning to wonder where you have been since you're usually the first one's to drop by here after the episode airs. Complete agree to each and every word you said. WORD. 👏

I'd like to draw a little comparison here. I was waiting for Beyhadh (sony tv) to start off as Ayla and Maya characters sketche basically along the same lines. Women with mental health issues due to a horrible past. I may not agree to the things Maya may do in future but I don't think I'd ever detest her 'cause the girl has me sympathising with her with all my heart. Reason? The writers gave us an insight well enough to understand that she's had a traumatic childhood/teenagehood right in the second episode. That's the basic foundation you lay if you want viewers to understand a character better. The sooner that's done in the story, the better.

Where as Ayla, goodness, I don't want to sound insensitive or rude (I personally care a lot about the need for awareness on mental health), Ayla is just gone in the head. I don't feel a thing for her and that's sad because I think the whole point of her character was the rasing awareness and compassion. Ab batao iss aurat se jo sawaye jahil hone ke saboot dene ke alwa aur kuch nahi karti usse kaun hum dardi rakh payega? 😳

Ayla is painted like a vamp/villian here where as Maya comes across as a damaged and victimised person. 
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
If Arib is aware of his wife's condition ( I don't know what the condition is but whatever problem she has ) then why is he not contacting her parents . Her parents also talk only about her being ziddi . I think Aan even suggested this to him .
sourmisery thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ChaiBiskoot

well said!

I would want to know what sort of medical condition is this which gives one the liberty to act in such a shameless manner.. give me that reason and i would try to see what ayla's character entails..

But no right now its her stupid whims and choices that she wants to exercise based on her bloated ego of being the better person in the marriage.. clearly she is mistaken .. 
as far as harib is concerned .. u can understand is helplessness although i still think he should go straight to the doctor to see what is wrong with her.. after his attempts to bring her back.. and that will be the final straw to push her away.. unless there is solid proof that her behavior is justified to act this way

damn! that head banging scene in the washroom gave me shivers and that was the only time i guess i could give her the benefit of the doubt.. everything after that was just a crazed accusation ..

There's not much Harib can do. Ayla refuses to listen to a simple explanation which would make the entire problem go away, how will she stand and listen to his requests of seeking medical help? I can already picture her being all, "Tumhari itni himat?! Tum mujhe pagal keh kar raste se hatana chahte ho taake tum apni ye harkatein aaram se kar sako!?" or something like that. Even the doctor can only make assumptions. It's not like it'll take one CT scan to figure out what and how much is wrong with someone with mental disorders. The diagnosis and treatment methods are completely different in this scenario. And the patient's presence is a must for that but Ayla Jaan toh Shehroze ke ghar pizza kha rahi hai mazze se -__-

Tbh I'd take the head banging Ayla over this Ayla. The head banging Ayla showed us an insecure and possessive woman who can't bear the idea of being left behind by someone she loves. She hurt herself to make people take her seriously. But immediately afterwards we get an Ayla who'd rather push someone else in the fire and keep herself safe. This Ayla doesn't give two hoots about anyone but herself. What she thinks is right, whatever her actions are justified, buss wo hi sab kuch hai and no one else matters.
sourmisery thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .annihilation.

@Mais! 🤗

I was beginning to wonder where you have been since you're usually the first one's to drop by here after the episode airs. Complete agree to each and every word you said. WORD. 👏

I'd like to draw a little comparison here. I was waiting for Beyhadh (sony tv) to start off as Ayla and Maya characters sketche basically along the same lines. Women with mental health issues due to a horrible past. I may not agree to the things Maya may do in future but I don't think I'd ever detest her 'cause the girl has me sympathising with her with all my heart. Reason? The writers gave us an insight well enough to understand that she's had a traumatic childhood/teenagehood right in the second episode. That's the basic foundation you lay if you want viewers to understand a character better. The sooner that's done in the story, the better.

Where as Ayla, goodness, I don't want to sound insensitive or rude (I personally care a lot about the need for awareness on mental health), Ayla is just gone in the head. I don't feel a thing for her and that's sad because I think the whole point of her character was the rasing awareness and compassion. Ab batao iss aurat se jo sawaye jahil hone ke saboot dene ke alwa aur kuch nahi karti usse kaun hum dardi rakh payega? 😳

Ayla is painted like a vamp/villian here where as Maya comes across as a damaged and victimised person. 

I was out of town and the internet situation was very unreliable. Didn't really think of dropping by here this week but man oh man, Ayla Jaan gave me words to say.

Agreed. When dealing with characters that have some mental disorder, it's better to either set it up from the start. Or present it in such a way that when the revelation comes it provides answers and clarifications about their actions not necessarily justifications. Ayla has been set up weirdly by the writer. Like I said, the narrative paints Harib as the victim so it doesn't give any chance to Ayla to even get benefit of the doubt. There are heavy hints about Ayla having a traumatic past which when mixed with her inherent aggressive/stubborn personality made her the way she is but we don't have any concrete facts regarding the same.

I doubt Ayla's purpose in the story was to raise awareness about the reality and issues of having mental disorder. Had that been the case we would've gotten at least ONE scene around which we could've based our sympathies on. You and me..we are exposed to all kinds of media so how we see a mental issue is loads different than from..say how my mother would. If the drama's purpose was to tell my mother about mental health and giving her the insight that it's not that uncommon for people to have mental issues, that there's nothing wrong in seeking help about it, that not all "abnormal" behavior is same as "pagalpan"..Ayla would've been set up very differently. She wouldn't have screamed at Harib in the first episode itself demanding that he come home right now and showing the shakki tendencies from the word go. I see her more as a helpless case. More like some people's actions are inexcusable no matter what their past is. And it's not like she has never gotten anything healthy and normal in her life! Her stepfather is a lovely man and she seems to respect him a lot, she was brought up with all the luxuries, has a good education. Plus she is surrounded by people who care for her despite all her shitty actions. But instead of all that doing her some good..she got more spoiled. There are some people jinke liye dunya idhar se udhar karlo wo nahin sudhrenge. Ayla is just that.
Edited by lostmymusic. - 7 years ago
sourmisery thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Tanyaz

If Arib is aware of his wife's condition ( I don't know what the condition is but whatever problem she has ) then why is he not contacting her parents . Her parents also talk only about her being ziddi . I think Aan even suggested this to him .

Because at first he wanted to solve the issue between themselves without involving the adults. Usually involving parents in a fight between spouses leads to the issue being blown out of proportion. And now tou Harib has seen how Ayla reacts when anything happens against her wishes plus her warning that it won't be good for him if her parents know about any of this. Basically Harib has given up and has enough sense to know that if Ayla had any slight inclination towards making their marriage work she wouldn't be acting the way she is.
annihilation thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: lostmymusic.

I was out of town and the internet situation was very unreliable. Didn't really think of dropping by here this week but man oh man, Ayla Jaan gave me words to say.

Agreed. When dealing with characters that have some mental disorder, it's better to either set it up from the start. Or present it in such a way that when the revelation comes it provides answers and clarifications about their actions not necessarily justifications. Ayla has been set up weirdly by the writer. Like I said, the narrative paints Harib as the victim so it doesn't give any chance to Ayla to even get benefit of the doubt. There are heavy hints about Ayla having a traumatic past which when mixed with her inherent aggressive/stubborn personality made her the way she is but we don't have any concrete facts regarding the same.

I doubt Ayla's purpose in the story was to raise awareness about the reality and issues of having mental disorder. Had that been the case we would've gotten at least ONE scene around which we could've based our sympathies on. You and me..we are exposed to all kinds of media so how we see a mental issue is loads different than from..say how my mother would. If the drama's purpose was to tell my mother about mental health and giving her the insight that it's not that uncommon for people to have mental issues, that there's nothing wrong in seeking help about it, that not all "abnormal" behavior is same as "pagalpan"..Ayla would've been set up very differently. She wouldn't have screamed at Harib in the first episode itself demanding that he come home right now and showing the shakki tendencies from the word go. I see her more as a helpless case. More like some people's actions are inexcusable no matter what their past is. And it's not like she has never gotten anything healthy and normal in her life! Her stepfather is a lovely man and she seems to respect him a lot, she was brought up with all the luxuries, has a good education. Plus she is surrounded by people who care for her despite all her shitty actions. But instead of all that doing her some good..she got more spoiled. There are some people jinke liye dunya idhar se udhar karlo wo nahin sudhrenge. Ayla is just that.

I couldn't have agreed more. Especially to the parts highlighted in bold. 👏 What makes me a little disappointed is then this drama which I was expecting to be a different kind will fall in the same bracket as others. I expected to be moved, to be touched. I will still probably like the show 'cause of Harib and Aan but because of the failed writing and execution (although Hareem is doing a good job), Ayla just fails to impress me. So yeah, she's basically a lost case. 
annihilation thumbnail
But please, both Harib and Shehroze need to stop giving Ayla jaan this phukat ka bhaav.  😳 Its high time at least one of them thinks with their upper floor and involve Ayla's parents. Although, I do strongly feel that Shehroze is going to dance on Ayla's tunes big time. 😆