Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Kool Ahmed

IF-Rockerz

Kool Ahmed

-

Posted: 20 November 2006 at 4:23am | IP Logged

How much important is teen age? They step in maturity. So is it require to give some right guidance to kids or let them grow as they have grown till now…or is it required to take any special care for the child and make him/her understand right and wrong…Coz while the child goes through teens they complain abt parents...that they are strict etc..

Cheers,

Ahmed

Edited by guess_gallery - 20 November 2006 at 4:29am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Teenagers Beware…." in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 20 November 2006 at 8:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by guess_gallery

How much important is teen age? They step in maturity. So is it require to give some right guidance to kids or let them grow as they have grown till now…or is it required to take any special care for the child and make him/her understand right and wrong…Coz while the child goes through teens they complain abt parents...that they are strict etc..

Cheers,

Ahmed

Ah!! How did I miss this?

I need to be careful because It has been only 1 day that I became 14 years oldEmbarrassed.

bhilwara

bhilwara

Posted: 20 November 2006 at 9:03am | IP Logged
Teenagers are not classified as kids so I doubt you can really "teach" them anything. Teenagers can be influenced, but more by their peers and their surrounding so it's always a challenge for parents but still can be achieved by becoming more involved. With all those hormones flying around, a young and restless youth could be very difficult to handle though...just like kite flying, it could be a fine balance between loosing the 'Dor' followed by pulling it up to control the kite still and steady. Smile   

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 20 November 2006 at 9:25am | IP Logged

On a serious note!!!

Teaching teenagers is very tough and very interesting thing.The zeal to learn new thingsand the energy levels they have are really unfathomable.We should'nt boss them or try to preach them!!! We need to give some respect to their individuality ,their views and this sense of caring ,giving importance to them really helps us in mending them or controlling them.This is my method.I treat my students in this manner.

Cheers,

Mythili

Kool Ahmed

IF-Rockerz

Kool Ahmed

-

Posted: 20 November 2006 at 9:29pm | IP Logged
Interesting...but what abt teenagers getting net addict

Majority

IF-Dazzler

Majority

Posted: 20 November 2006 at 9:36pm | IP Logged

Guiding a child through teenage is like walking blindfolded in darkness inside a dark room which is pitch dark and has no light .... all you can do is hope you are stepping right.

And Mythili Khan is 14 yrs old ... LOL

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 20 November 2006 at 9:52pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by guess_gallery

Interesting...but what abt teenagers getting net addict

Following is a list, I saw from a website telling something about teenage(children 13-17) internet access

Safety tips

Here are some safety tips to consider as you guide your teens online:

Create a list of Internet house rules with your teens. You should include the kinds of sites that are off limits, Internet hours, and guidelines for communicating with others online, including in chat rooms.

Keep Internet-connected computers in an open area and out of your teens' bedrooms.

Talk to your kids about their online friends and activities just as you would about their other friends and activities. This includes talking to your teens about their instant messaging list, and making sure they're not talking to strangers.

Investigate Internet-filtering tools  as a complement—not a replacement—for parental supervision.

Know which chat rooms or message boards your teens visit, and whom they talk to. Encourage them to use monitored chat rooms, and insist they stay in public chat room areas.

Insist that they never agree to meet an online friend.

Teach your teens never to give out personal information without your permission when using e-mail, chat rooms, or instant messaging, filling out registration forms and personal profiles, and entering online contests.

Teach your kids not to download programs, music, or files without your permission. File-sharing and taking text, images, or artwork from the Web may infringe on copyright laws and can be illegal.

Encourage your teens to tell you if something or someone online makes them feel uncomfortable or threatened. Stay calm and remind your kids they are not in trouble for bringing something to your attention. (It is important that your teen does not think that their computer privileges could be taken away.) Read more about how to deal with online predators and cyberbullies.

Talk to your teenagers about online adult content and po*nography, and direct them to positive sites about health and sexuality.

Help protect them from spam. Tell your teens not to give out their e-mail address online, not to respond to junk mail, and to use e-mail filters.

Be aware of the Web sites that your teens frequent. Make sure your kids are not visiting sites with offensive content, or posting personal information or photos of themselves.

Teach your kids responsible, ethical, online behavior. They should not be using the Internet to spread gossip, bully, or threaten others.

Make sure your teens check with you before making financial transactions online, including ordering, buying, or selling items.

Discuss online gambling and its potential risks with your teens. Remind them that it is illegal for them to gamble online.

How many of the above do you think parents/teens follow or talk to each other about? (and these are just basic ultra-liberal groundrules)

If it is a strict household, most of the things here would be in a situation like 'jis gali jaana hi nahi, uska rasta kyu pooche"

Edited by sareg - 20 November 2006 at 9:59pm

simply paagal

simply paagal

Posted: 21 November 2006 at 12:39am | IP Logged
my teenage destroyed me,nd m almost out of it.important tips for every1:
dun indulge 2 much into hobbies
make ur future clear,nd study is most important
nd 4 boys,dun look at girls Wink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top