Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Mean Money and Money Man!!! (Page 2)

IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Posted: 20 November 2006 at 7:56am | IP Logged

Originally posted by MNMS

I know im going to be labelled as "Materialistic" after my comments Tongue...................... Ouch LOL

--Why did you study/why are you studying ?To make a good career ofcourse?What is the ultimate goal-MONEY OR POSITION OR SOMETHING ABOVE ALL THIS!!!

Mythili... u are hitting the nail!! U must apply for a journalist job... i told u earlier LOL Tongue ...YESSS!! my one of the most important..i repeat Most Important( Tongue ).. goal is to be a successful businesswoman... and if somebody doesn't call me mad (and if they do.. its their choice Tongue ) i wanna be the female version of Bill Gates! If this statement means that anybody who thinks this way is a "mean" ... then wht u all think abt Mr.Buffet .. who was the 2nd richest in the world and gave most of his assests in charity! Smile

I don't undetstand this thing . why don't we dare to collectively say it "Money has a mystical power in this world" .. we all know it, follow it, see it, do it, DON't we??? Why do we look down upon a person who thinks realistically? i know .. we need to balance all of it.. so that we are neither so much "materialistic extremist" nor we end up being the other way round.

-Is it necessary to study or work if we have money?
Definitely! it is a personal development process... having money doesn't mean sitting idle.. we are humans born for continuous struggle.. if someone has achieved one goal.. there must be something bigger left to do, so go and do it!

Originally posted by baddie

If a woman is behind a man's success, its a woman that he goes to any extremes.....

first part... true.. second part.. Well if its becoz of a woman that he goes to extremes.. I think its HER talent/art to MAKE him go to any extremes LOL

I agree Maryam!!!

I don't say money is nothing  but Money is something and not everything in life.

We need to have a mean path in life,balanced path and this was suggested by Acharya nagarjuna(a bhuddhist monk) and that theory is called Golden Mean Path.

Cheers,

Mythili

lighthouse IF-Dazzler
lighthouse
lighthouse

Posted: 20 November 2006 at 10:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Is it necessary to study or work if we have money?

Yes... The answer lies in the fact that Bill gates, Warren Buffet and the likes go to work everyday.

Majority IF-Dazzler
Majority
Majority

Posted: 20 November 2006 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

Yes... The answer lies in the fact that Bill gates, Warren Buffet and the likes go to work everyday.

They must be crazy
IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Posted: 21 November 2006 at 1:32am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Jatayu

They must be crazy

Jatayu ji!!!

Well Said .I agree with you 10000000000000000000000000%.

Cheers,

Mythili

mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Posted: 21 November 2006 at 2:57am | IP Logged

The quotation is
"MONEY MAKES MAN MEAN,MEAN MAN MAKES MONEY"
Do you agree with this quote? why do agree or disagree?

Why did you study/why are you studying ?To make a good career ofcourse?What is the ultimate goal-MONEY OR POSITION OR SOMETHING ABOVE ALL THIS!!!
Do people work only for money?
cheers,
Mythili

I think it is a generalized statement. 
Money makes man mean and mean makes him rich.. only supports one theory- rich become richer LOLLOL .
Everyone here surely knows extremely rich people, who are not mean. 
Similarly, we must know several mean, bitter people, who are not rich.  Simple as that. 
the real question that occured to me after reading this quote is, if mean could make rich, would you choose to be that, an easy way to be rich??  Now those who want to say yes, please raise ur hands, and allow me to smack u Evil Smile

Ultimate goal should always be higher than "money" and/or "position".  it is hard, but not impossible to think this way.  i must add that my judgment could be biassed.  Not being the soul earning member, i am not under constant pressure of earning a "whole lot".  if fortunate, one can have the freedom to realize their goals, while things of comfort can be obtained by the other earning member.   Now that statement unfortunately raised another question in my mind.  If I were a man, i am not sure i would be happy with what I earn today..  I wish to say I would be the same, but I can't be so sure of it!

mQT

Originally posted by Jatayu

They must be crazy

Jatayu ji!!!

Well Said .I agree with you 10000000000000000000000000%.

Cheers,

Mythili

LOL u guys.. sounds like fun.. 

Edited by mermaid_QT - 21 November 2006 at 3:10am
hira_187 Senior Member
hira_187
hira_187

Posted: 21 November 2006 at 6:21pm | IP Logged
we study to get a good career and make good money.. however i think it matters also what u do is something respectable and sumtthin u enjoy. Making money doesn't mean go seel drugs for a million dollars and that means ur successful. i think ppl live ot make money but in a field they enjoy or atlea\st is a good field with respect. Money does make man mean....sometimes though i mean bill gates doesn't seem like a mad or mean person after all he is a philanthropist (i think). i admire his hardwork and where he reached...
IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Posted: 22 November 2006 at 1:01am | IP Logged

Yeah!!! We when we are settled happily with enough money our next priority will be power or good position.After getting good position,earning much more money then we may get bored of money and try for different things ,like working for different types of projects,making charity.But all people don't do this.In this issue Bill Gates is really great.

But I don't understand why Single old  people try to earn much much more money  for instance Selvi Jayalalitha, Kumari Mayawathi .....

Cheers,

Mythili

Go to top