Mean Money and Money Man!!!

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Hi All !!!
Yesterday when I was searching for my old books I fsaw a quotation ,its really tricky and thought provoking.I wish to know the views of all the esteemed friends of India Forums regarding this quote.
The quotation is
"MONEY MAKES MAN MEAN,MEAN MAN MAKES MONEY"
Do you agree with this quote? why do agree or disagree?

Why did you study/why are you studying ?To make a good career ofcourse?What is the ultimate goal-MONEY OR POSITION OR SOMETHING ABOVE ALL THIS!!!
Is it necessary to study or work if we have money?
Do people work only for money?
cheers,
Mythili

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Majority thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
A slight variation on your quote goes like this

God made Man
Man made money
Money made Man mad

Do note that it doesn't say anything about women
the quote is wrong. it should have been

'money makes a man extreme,extreme man makes money'

a mean(average) man cannot make the kind of money the extremes make - genius being on and a badman being the other extreme.

PS:from times unknow,for whom is the man making money or gathering assets/power.
If a woman is behind a man's success, its a woman that he goes to any extremes.....
IdeaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jatayu

A slight variation on your quote goes like this

God made Man
Man made money
Money made Man mad

Do note that it doesn't say anything about women

I think in this quote they used MAN as a synonym for Human being.I think quote suits well for women more(LO!! All the feminists will kill me)

MNMS thumbnail
I know im going to be labelled as "Materialistic" after my comments πŸ˜›...................... πŸ˜†

--Why did you study/why are you studying ?To make a good career ofcourse?What is the ultimate goal-MONEY OR POSITION OR SOMETHING ABOVE ALL THIS!!!

Mythili... u are hitting the nail!! U must apply for a journalist job... i told u earlier πŸ˜† πŸ˜› ...YESSS!! my one of the most important..i repeat Most Important( πŸ˜› ).. goal is to be a successful businesswoman... and if somebody doesn't call me mad (and if they do.. its their choice πŸ˜› ) i wanna be the female version of Bill Gates! If this statement means that anybody who thinks this way is a "mean" ... then wht u all think abt Mr.Buffet .. who was the 2nd richest in the world and gave most of his assests in charity! 😊

I don't undetstand this thing . why don't we dare to collectively say it "Money has a mystical power in this world" .. we all know it, follow it, see it, do it, DON't we??? Why do we look down upon a person who thinks realistically? i know .. we need to balance all of it.. so that we are neither so much "materialistic extremist" nor we end up being the other way round.

-Is it necessary to study or work if we have money?
Definitely! it is a personal development process... having money doesn't mean sitting idle.. we are humans born for continuous struggle.. if someone has achieved one goal.. there must be something bigger left to do, so go and do it!

[quote=baddie]If a woman is behind a man's success, its a woman that he goes to any extremes..... [/quote]

first part... true.. second part.. Well if its becoz of a woman that he goes to extremes.. I think its HER talent/art to MAKE him go to any extremes πŸ˜†
kabhi_21 thumbnail
Its really thought provoking πŸ˜•
fatmah5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

[quote=baddie]If a woman is behind a man's success, its a woman that he goes to any extremes..... [/quote]

first part... true.. second part.. Well if its becoz of a woman that he goes to extremes.. I think its HER talent/art to MAKE him go to any extremes πŸ˜† [/QUOTE]

Verry Good!πŸ‘πŸ‘...........πŸ˜†

IdeaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: kabhi_21

Its really thought provoking πŸ˜•

Thoughts will be provoked only if we thinkπŸ˜›

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago
IdeaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: MNMS

I know im going to be labelled as "Materialistic" after my comments πŸ˜›...................... πŸ˜†

--Why did you study/why are you studying ?To make a good career ofcourse?What is the ultimate goal-MONEY OR POSITION OR SOMETHING ABOVE ALL THIS!!!

Mythili... u are hitting the nail!! U must apply for a journalist job... i told u earlier πŸ˜† πŸ˜› ...YESSS!! my one of the most important..i repeat Most Important( πŸ˜› ).. goal is to be a successful businesswoman... and if somebody doesn't call me mad (and if they do.. its their choice πŸ˜› ) i wanna be the female version of Bill Gates! If this statement means that anybody who thinks this way is a "mean" ... then wht u all think abt Mr.Buffet .. who was the 2nd richest in the world and gave most of his assests in charity! 😊

I don't undetstand this thing . why don't we dare to collectively say it "Money has a mystical power in this world" .. we all know it, follow it, see it, do it, DON't we??? Why do we look down upon a person who thinks realistically? i know .. we need to balance all of it.. so that we are neither so much "materialistic extremist" nor we end up being the other way round.

-Is it necessary to study or work if we have money?
Definitely! it is a personal development process... having money doesn't mean sitting idle.. we are humans born for continuous struggle.. if someone has achieved one goal.. there must be something bigger left to do, so go and do it!

first part... true.. second part.. Well if its becoz of a woman that he goes to extremes.. I think its HER talent/art to MAKE him go to any extremes πŸ˜†

I agree Maryam!!!

I don't say money is nothing  but Money is something and not everything in life.

We need to have a mean path in life,balanced path and this was suggested by Acharya nagarjuna(a bhuddhist monk) and that theory is called Golden Mean Path.

Cheers,

Mythili

lighthouse thumbnail

Originally posted by: mythili_Kiran

Is it necessary to study or work if we have money?

Yes... The answer lies in the fact that Bill gates, Warren Buffet and the likes go to work everyday.