Chat Clubs

Anything and Everything # 3 (IO) - Page 6

SoreThumb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
This content was originally posted by: blacklambo

Welcome back!!! All rested & ready to begin anew?  That is why we appreciate our vacations more πŸ˜ƒ.

All caught up with shows, videos etc.?  Am watching Blindspot s2 & KRPKAB.  KRP is not good anymore, methinks.

not yet..finishing all pending work..brushed through the KRP forum..they have changed the focus of the story,,and everything was brushed under the carpet πŸ˜•

Funeral homes here have both facilities, cremation & burial.  Diff funeral homes might offer diff means though.  What prompted that question?

A close friends dad expired..she lives there..there was some page made on the funeral home wesite..with pictures and options to send flowers..got curious coz havent seen anything like this here

So it's a matter of time that SC's rule will be implemented?  How is the situation in Bombay now? Rains?

rains have finally stopped...hopefully this means all the dengue and malaria cases will decrease..had become a menace

Good for TM & JO at Emmy's.  I liked only 3-4 segments of JK.  The way he got to Emmy's is sometimes how movie trailers are brought to his show.  They weave a lot of difficulties etc.  His monologue was good & so was the MD segment.  Serving PB&J by Stranger Things kids was not bad either.  Rest of it, not so good.

JK ..I find him patchy..good in parts only

1st Presidential debate came & went.  2nd one is on Oct 9th.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/28/politics/chelsea-clinton-cosmopolitan-interview-trump/index.html

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/28/technology/blackberry-outsource-phones/index.html

Edit - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/amazon-strikes-india-streaming-deal-933323

I am sure HC is leading now after the debate..

The surgical strikes by India have created a cautiously upbeat atmosphere..people know there will be retaliation, but are happy that finally something was done as a reply..its going to be tense few days now though

EDVK is def ending..the forum has turned a mess with blame games and petitions πŸ₯±

I am in a soup..trying to recover data from an encryped sd drive and a reset phone 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blacklambo thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I was unable to watch the episodes last week but so many issues have been swept under the rug for KRPKAB. Same as Suits. Blindspot still continues to keep me interested. Have to try out some new ones though.

Funeral homes - that is the standard here. People often prefer to either send flowers to the funeral home or give donation to a charity of choice. Then there are people who bring food, plants etc. too. Glad to read the rains have slowed.

This is still one of the closely contested elections...surprisingly. Either way, just like Brexit this does not make sense either. The circus has ceased to be funny, is downright annoying and lacks civility, as Bill Maher rightly said so.

Is EDKV ending this week? I am planning to watch it now. Am sure it won't be so bad for the last week.

Were you able to recover the data?

The biggest draw of any PotC movie is Jack Sparrow and he didn't even feature in the trailer. I was not a JD fan but he makes that movie. The first one was especially good, in fact the best and so was the Penelope Cruz one. Not too keen for the two in-between but they were ok.

R u interested in these updates?
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ben-affleck-batman-movie-title-934594

Edit - http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/03/technology/intelehealth-india-doctor-health-worker-app/index.html?iid=surge-story-summaryEdited by blacklambo - 7 years ago
SoreThumb thumbnail

I was unable to watch the episodes last week but so many issues have been swept under the rug for KRPKAB. Same as Suits. Blindspot still continues to keep me interested. Have to try out some new ones though.

Funeral homes - that is the standard here. People often prefer to either send flowers to the funeral home or give donation to a charity of choice. Then there are people who bring food, plants etc. too. Glad to read the rains have slowed.

This is still one of the closely contested elections...surprisingly. Either way, just like Brexit this does not make sense either. The circus has ceased to be funny, is downright annoying and lacks civility, as Bill Maher rightly said so.

Is EDKV ending this week? I am planning to watch it now. Am sure it won't be so bad for the last week.

Were you able to recover the data?

The biggest draw of any PotC movie is Jack Sparrow and he didn't even feature in the trailer. I was not a JD fan but he makes that movie. The first one was especially good, in fact the best and so was the Penelope Cruz one. Not too keen for the two in-between but they were ok.

R u interested in these updates?
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ben-affleck-batman-movie-title-934594

Edit - http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/03/technology/intelehealth-india-doctor-health-worker-app/index.html?iid=surge-story-summary

Could manage to get the data from sd card but not from phone..lost a couple of imp excel sheets unfortunately. Makes me wonder if I shld stop resisting cloud amd use it from phone..I am just stupidly worried abt security

I have seen all PoTC movies and I agree..they are more appealing thanks to JD bringing Jack sparrow to life
Apparently the kid in jail in the new one is Elizabeth and will turners son

I didn't like the mermaid one ..the first one was the best but the rest weren't totally bad..the good part is the gap..so it doesn't feel completely overdone

KRP: is fast deteriorating into SaaS bahu saga..such a waste..
Just as edvk is..I am going to watch the last 3-4 episodes aswell hoping they would tie as many loose ends as they can

Si-hc show is going to have hiten and chaavi as athe kids parents..this is one show I am sort of looking forward to

Election: it's been a horrible year wrt to the candidates..how did the VP debate go
I still feel Trump has lost his appeal (though where did it come from is intriguing) in the last few weeks

@Batman: wasn't a fan of Affleck's BM in BvS but I like BM in general so will watch it

@app for rural villages: superb work
There have been a few apps which have worked in rural India wrt to healthcare .most popular one is an app which gives u an idea abt the disease u have depending on the symptoms u feed in
There is a great discrepancy in the health system in cities and villages..there is an overload in the former and huge scarcity in the latter

@indopak: I am sick of politicians esp of opposition parties using the situation for their political gain
If there is something we need to learn from our neighbor..it's unity
I know we are a democracy but atleast respect the army..but no..these people will play petty politics and reveal covert info just to gain political mileage..pathetic
Edited by SoreThumb - 7 years ago
blacklambo thumbnail
Now that u mention it, the kid does look a lot like Orlando Bloom & recall reading abt it too.  If memory serves, they are or were thinking of making two movies according to the article I read.

Been watching EDKV this week and did not understand how Ramnath figured out Kamani's intentions! Do u know?  The scene was too abrupt for me since I haven't seen before.
Have to catch up on AK's 24 too.  I read BARC is going to incorporate online rankings in the near future...Good!  
SI-HC show sounds exciting to me too.  Have seen HT but who is Chaavi?

I only saw some very small parts of the VP debate...will watch this weekend!  But from what I saw, TK started well for maybe the 1st answer but lost me as he kept interrupting MP.  Did he not learn anything from the 1st Presidential debate, where DT had appeared like a bully for the same reason?  OR, that could be their strategy.  Opinion is that MP won in styling but TK won for substance.  Have to watch & decide but now media is saying that DT is not happy with MP & also that MP was more abt MP as presidential candidate for 2020 rather than defending DT.  Either way, it was more abt HC-DT rather than the VP candidates themselves, which was kinda disappointing.  If u watch SC, TN & others, u will get an idea in the meantime.
Cast of Empire (TV show) - https://youtu.be/XoLgsEMu1Y4

Army should be respected at all costs.  Period, end of story.  The only exception to this rule is traitors. I only read abt OP.  Have there been others too?
Edited by blacklambo - 7 years ago
SoreThumb thumbnail

Now that u mention it, the kid does look a lot like Orlando Bloom & recall reading abt it too.  If memory serves, they are or were thinking of making two movies according to the article I read.

Been watching EDKV this week and did not understand how Ramnath figured out Kamani's intentions! Do u know?  The scene was too abrupt for me since I haven't seen before.
Have to catch up on AK's 24 too.  I read BARC is going to incorporate online rankings in the near future...Good!  
SI-HC show sounds exciting to me too.  Have seen HT but who is Chaavi?

I only saw some very small parts of the VP debate...will watch this weekend!  But from what I saw, TK started well for maybe the 1st answer but lost me as he kept interrupting MP.  Did he not learn anything from the 1st Presidential debate, where DT had appeared like a bully for the same reason?  OR, that could be their strategy.  Opinion is that MP won in styling but TK won for substance.  Have to watch & decide but now media is saying that DT is not happy with MP & also that MP was more abt MP as presidential candidate for 2020 rather than defending DT.  Either way, it was more abt HC-DT rather than the VP candidates themselves, which was kinda disappointing.  If u watch SC, TN & others, u will get an idea in the meantime.
Cast of Empire (TV show) - https://youtu.be/XoLgsEMu1Y4

Army should be respected at all costs.  Period, end of story.  The only exception to this rule is traitors. I only read abt OP.  Have there been others too?

Naah not just Om Puri..there have been politicians too..from AAP and Cong..they hate the fact that Modi is also getting credit..so question the strikes and asking to release footage and making it a political agenda..when it shouldn't be questioned coz it was the DGMO saying and not some politcian..fools making a mess out of a good strategy

@SI-HC show..I used to love HT and his wife in Kutumb
He is an EK loyalist, so infact I thought he would be a part of DD show maybe but chalo if not her show then this one ..Chavvi used to play leads before..but now after marriage no longer does
The show is an adaptation of AK-Juhi movie hum hai Rahi pyar ke

@EDVk: will catch up last few epi after the last one is aired today
They are obviously rushing through
How is KRPKAB

I heard the promo for HG's lastovie as wolverine is out?

I saw SM and SC on VP debate
Their jokes are similar at some points..atleast that's what I have noticed in couple of episodes..do they share any writers
Didn't like SC's coverage of the VP debate though..it seemed forced

Did u see Google's updates 
They are killing the Nexus series and introducing Pixel to counter iPhone?
U getting the new one?
blacklambo thumbnail
What's a DGMO? Director General...
Yes, it is silly to question & seek evidence. No wonder this has prompted all those funny tweets offering protection.

Saw HT in another EK show, MATH where he was the fl's biological father. Don't believe I have seen Chaavi in the limited tv shows seen.
EDKV is definitely rushing and was quite obvious in yesterday's episode.
KRPKAB is meh coz it is now more regular stuff, nothing unique. Dev-Sona scenes are still a draw but characterization is not consistent anymore.
KYY viewing is progressing fairly slow too now. That Pandit track is ruining it coz it is so soon after Soha track.

I don't believe I have seen any Wolverine movie. Haven't seen the new trailer either.

Have no idea abt the sharing of writer for SC & SM. Checked with someone at work who watches both the shows and states that it is not the case. I don't know since I watch only yt clips. Personally, I prefer SC's clips these days. His jokes has me laughing but could be coz they pertain to stuff here...don't know.

I saw Google updates in passing. Pixel phones are made by HTC. I have had one in the past and the quality was good. No, I am not getting the new iPhone 7 this year.   Will make do gladly with what I have - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgpqZ1gSvDQ ... πŸ˜†.  Btw, my decision was made prior to watching that clip πŸ˜‰Edited by blacklambo - 7 years ago
SoreThumb thumbnail

What's a DGMO? Director General...
Yes, it is silly to question & seek evidence. No wonder this has prompted all those funny tweets offering protection.

Yep..Director general Miitary operations

I am all for freedom of speech..but it needs to used cautiously too man.. i mean european countries, USA def have more freedom of speech but i dont see general public/politicians loving to put down the nation just for the heck of it..in India, its become fashionable to put down stuff and then cry when others respond

Saw HT in another EK show, MATH where he was the fl's biological father. Don't believe I have seen Chaavi in the limited tv shows seen.
EDKV is definitely rushing and was quite obvious in yesterday's episode.
KRPKAB is meh coz it is now more regular stuff, nothing unique. Dev-Sona scenes are still a draw but characterization is not consistent anymore.
KYY viewing is progressing fairly slow too now. That Pandit track is ruining it coz it is so soon after Soha track.

have to catch up on EDVK>.will do it over weekend..but from whatever i have read, everyone was cribbing about rushing..

you havent heard of Kutumb years ago? it used to be a rage..the lead were adored..infact she repated them in many shows later on including kyunki saas
wasnt Gauri (Hitens wife) also a part of MATH

I don't believe I have seen any Wolverine movie. Haven't seen the new trailer either.

Have no idea abt the sharing of writer for SC & SM. Checked with someone at work who watches both the shows and states that it is not the case. I don't know since I watch only yt clips. Personally, I prefer SC's clips these days. His jokes has me laughing but could be coz they pertain to stuff here...don't know.

I do like SC's coverage of the presidential elections..he was exceptional during RNC..but somehow didnt like the VP debate coverage

I saw Google updates in passing. Pixel phones are made by HTC. I have had one in the past and the quality was good. No, I am not getting the new iPhone 7 this year.   Will make do gladly with what I have - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgpqZ1gSvDQ ... πŸ˜†.  Btw, my decision was made prior to watching that clip πŸ˜‰

haha..i have  friend here who gets the latest iPhones no matter how well the previous one is functioning..is waiting at the maple store for its launch today as if thats the most imp thing in the world 
iphones are way too expensive in India..so i dont understand his need to buy every new one
Google is trying to compete with i phone 7..thats why its so highly priced

http://www.gadgetsnow.com/tech-news/Court-asks-Samsung-to-pay-120m-to-Apple-in-patent-infringement-case/articleshow/54749085.cms?utm_source=toiweb&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=toiweb_hpwidget

on triple talq:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Centre-opposes-triple-talaq-in-Supreme-Court-says-practice-not-essential-part-of-religion/articleshow/54737185.cms

Mirziya released..its a washout as expected
blacklambo thumbnail
Looks like ur wish is granted πŸ˜ƒ - http://www.india-forums.com/bollywood/international/70350-doctor-strange-to-release-in-india-on-same-day-as-us.htm.   Let me know how it is coz I will be watching it much later at home.  Saw Deadpool yesterday.  Different kind of superhero & by accident rather than design but the language was awful.  Since it was successful, they are planning on a 2nd one.
Netflix has BC's Imitation Game that I have to watch next.

Yes, Gauri was part of MATH too & had a prominent role compared to her husband.  Don't know what the outcome was coz started & left the show mid-way.  Nope, haven't seen Kutumb.

Here too people stand in lines to get the new release of iPhones but we usually keep ours for 2 years at least. Not interested in getting a new one every year coz barely anything changes in them to justify such an expensive purchase!  The Apple product I m interested in buying is an equivalent to Amazon's Alexa.  Google has one too.  Waiting for its release though to c even if it's worthwhile.

That Apple - Samsung legal battle has been going on for sometime now.  Samsung was making somethings for Apple at first & still might do.  Haven't kept up with them in recent times, so thx for updating me πŸ˜ƒ.  Competition between Google & Apple is good for them & ultimately the consumers.

The 2nd Presidential Debate is today & has a town hall format.  Let's see how that one goes.  The SNL skit - https://youtu.be/MwxeXHXwnGs - πŸ˜†

SoreThumb thumbnail
IF has become so annoying..
I have an adblcoker in laptop and have to wait 15 secs for each page to load
A d when I use it from phone, there seems to be a message claiming that my phone is infected with viruses (only when I use IF..no other site has this) and I need to download some app
Also some pages of IF redirect to sites with adult videos..If this continues I will have to stop using it on phone🀒

@Dr S: it will be post diwali weekend..so won't be able to watch it immediately but def over the week..will lost my review..
I am yet to watch his TIG too..Lemme know how u like it

@iPhone: I can understand the craze in US..but not in India..
Our there iPhone and apple products are an integral part of work environment and day to day life..not so much here..it's more of a style statement/status symbol here

What is Amazon's Alexa..I am unaware of it

@apple - Google .agree..the more they compete. The better for us
Btw now that Apple has done away with headphone slot and they are handsfree..wouldn't it be easier to lose them..I lose my normal headphones so easily..these would be worse in that sense

I saw the promo of Iron fist .they have a fight scene in a narrow lobby between all the apartments on the floor..reminded me of Daredevil..I guess with same makers..there is a similarity in style/narration

How was the 2nd debate? I am surprised every Republican hasn't deserted Trump yet..they shld have
blacklambo thumbnail
Likewise for IF. My post got erased yesterday. 😑 so freaking annoying!

TIG is for next weekend, if possible. R u watching MoM? If its good, let me know.

iPhone is a status symbol here too if one purchases it every single year of release.
The charging slot now comes with a wire/adapter that u plug in your wired headphones to. The wireless ones cost $149 and last I saw, a company came out with a wire to link both sides.

Its too late in the game for Republicans some feel coz this is not something newly discovered. Also, early voting has started in some states. Some are still staying silent for the sake of the party to portray a united front. That was the reason they endorsed the nominee in the first place in spite of questionable behavior.
http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/10/10/trump-supporter-talks-dismembered-babies-baldwin-bts-nr.cnn
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nancy-odell-trump-tape-entertainment-tonight-video-937070

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/procuring-leaked-apprentice-footage-mark-burnett-statement-936878

Edit - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ivanka-trumps-creative-director-companys-937413

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/13/technology/india-startup-bubble/index.html

Edited by blacklambo - 7 years ago