Deepika, Sonam, Swara, Farhan, Sabhana - Speak Up - Page 4

Posted: 7 years ago

Priyanka, Freida address Salman Khan controversy at IIFA

The atmosphere at IIFA Madrid is fun yet intense. Celebrities from Bollywood are avoiding talking about Salman Khan's controversial 'raped woman' comment. However, a handful of celebrities like Priyanka Chopra, Freida Pinto, Sonu Sood did talk about the matter. Salman is avoiding all conversations with the media. Celebrities who refused to comment are Sonakshi Sinha, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Anil Kapoor, and Boman Irani.
During the IIFA Rocks green carpet on Friday night, Salman came in really late and avoided talking to media present at the event. During the opening of the 17th IIFA Awards ceremony on Thursday, we waited for the apology  from Salman Khan that never came through. He started by saying, " I know it has been a long evening, So I will make it short, quick. I have to make it. The shorter I keep my speech, the better it is."
He ruffled feathers back in India after he compared his gruelling schedule in Sultan to feeling like a "raped woman". Salman has not spoken about the issue as yet but his father has apologised on his behalf on Twitter.

Priyanka Chopra
First of all, you should be asking the person who made this comment. It is very important for the media and for me as women to use our power and talk about the real problem which is happening in India every single day to so many women instead of pushing a controversy for a headline, which is unfair. There is so much reality happening like a brutal rape case in Bihar took place - why is no one talking about the issue. A lot has been said about the Salman issue. I dont want to add to the noise. I would rather bring notice on real issues... the real problem is us talking about how to treat our women better in India and how to treat women better generally.

Freida Pinto
It is also so important that sometimes you might want to say and I am not talking about someone (Salman Khan), I am talking, in general, you might want to say something that might actually be in a negative way but it might be unconventional or different that people haven't heard of. But the responsibility can also come with consequences, and so you have to be strong enough to be able to say sorry when you know you are wrong or say, "I stand by my decision and I know I am right." So I feel like public icons should have a lot of responsibility not because media says so, but because we feel so. 

Zoya Akhtar
It's a comment that shouldn't have been made and I think people have said that. I can't decide whether he should apologise or not, it's up to him. 

Sonu Sood
Salman is a great guy. Everyone should be careful of what they say but mistakes do happen sometimes. 

Kabir Khan
I think Salman and his family should decide what to do about it. In fact, I think his family has already done something in this regard.

Exclusive!
Our industry source tells us the marketing team of Salman's forthcoming film Sultan is capitalising on the attention that the film is getting out of this controversy. There are chances that Salman will address the controversy closer to the release date of Sultan. ([email protected])

Posted: 7 years ago
har ek chehra chupaye betha hai kai chehre apne naqab main ...Zandubaam ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜‰