IX - MaNan FF : Life With Nandini [Chapter 68 - Page 01] 20 June

Posted: 7 years ago

Hey Guys !! Haahh !! After a long long time I am back .. On a New Thread :D With an update !! Yayieee !! M so happy :P Well have nothing to say really .. Just wanna thank you guys for the endless support, love and patience you guys have shown. Means a Lot. ThankYou from the bottom of my heart. Love you all <3

Finally, like finally :) I know bohot late hogaya this time and I also know that the flow might've been broken so before you guys read ahead, I would suggest you to re-read the previous chapter once :)

Chapter 67

The update is kind of a relief one since a lot of rona dhona happened in the last chapter. It might seem repetitive to someone but I wanted to do Nandini's pregnancy craving issue with all characters around once. So here it goes. Hope you guys like it. If you din't toh I am really sorry babies. You all knkw the story of my life :) Enjoy :) 

Happy Reading!😊 

Chapter - 68 

Location - Villa; Kailua, Hawaii 

'Buddy are you okaye?' Dhruv shot the most expected question at Manik, sprinting towards him as soon as he entered the hall with Nandini in his arms. Carefully, Manik put Nandini down on her feet and then replied, smiling lightly," Yeah Buddy!" Everybody knew he wasn't. It was practically impossible for him to be fine so easily and this soon but in his absence, all of them had resolved to never broach Nyonika-Harshad topic ever again or even let it cross their minds. He had shared the secret and it was more than enough. There was absolutely no need of digging more into the nasty grave or talking about it over and over again. They had promised to try every bit and forget the naked truth as it was the only noxious weapon, their ever powerful friend was defenceless against and they didn't wish to hurt him even unintentionally. Even though his insides were turned topsy turvy, partly with apprehension and partly with Manik's worry, Cabir managed a smile and quipped to lighten the atmosphere," Yaar Dhruv! Stupid questions mat pooch. Woh Nandini ke saath tha. Okay kaise na hoga?" Sincerity adorned his smile as he saw genuine curves-of-happiness on all his favorite faces and after the recent spell of sadness, the moment felt so serene that he wished time to freeze. Walking closer to MaNan, he took his sister in a sidehug, dropped a kiss on her temple and whispered but not really," Congratulations behna! Ek baar phir tuney iss zakhmi sher ko tame karliya. I am so proud of you." While Nandini couldn't help a chuckle, Manik rolled his eyes and thats when he noticed Mukti and Alya standing aloof, in two different corners of the hall, with their heads hung low. Softly, he called out to them and as if waiting for him to do, both them ran towards him and crashed in his chest, startling him and everyone else. To his dismay, they broke into tears and instantly wrapping them in his arms, he exclaimed," Hey Mukti, Alya! What happened? Tumlog ese ro kiun rahe ho?

'I am Sorry Manik! Bhai ki wajah se you had bear so much. I din't had the slightest hint of all these Manik warna main kabhi tum dono ke beech nahi aati. I am so ashamed of him. I am sorry. Sorry.' 

'Mujhe pata nahi tha ke yeh baat karne se tujhe itna hurt hoga Manik. Meri zid ki wajah se tujhe phirse woh sab yaad karna padha. M such a stupid. Sorry yaar. Very sorry.' 

Alya and Mukti cried against his chest, one after another and Manik sighed. They were seriously impossible, he thought. He gave them a squeeze for some good seconds and jested, pulling away," Yaar tum dono! Already bohot tension hai, mujhe aur stress mat do!" With kohl-smudged, tearful eyes, they eyed him like little kids and smiling at them, he wiped their tears and said, first to Alya," You don't need to be Sorry for anything Alya. Tumne kuch nahi kiya. Usse tumhara blood relation hona aur uska yeh sab karna - dono mein tumhara koi fault nahi hai. Don't blame yourself." Then turning to Mukti, he spoke," Aur tu! Tu kabse sorry bolne lagi? Pagal! Tu kabhi bhi mujhse kuch bhi puchsakti hai. Tera haq hai. You don't have to be Sorry about it. And accha hua jo tuney insist kiya. Tum sab se baat karne ke baad, I am feeling light." He quirked his lips, letting his cheek dimple and then enjoined," So you guys are never going to blame yourselves again. Okaye?" They nodded obediently and then taking a step back, he opened his arms wide and not waiting for him to ask, his four alter egos huddled together and pounced on him for a group hug. Holding his buddies tight with his one arm, Manik reached out to Nandini with the other one and Fab 4 happily made space for her as he pulled her into the hug. She was literally, spiritually, physically, psychically, basically in every way Manik's better half and without her, he was just incomplete. And Fab-4 simply loved this sweet little MaNan Fact and also her short, cuddly presence among them. Taking the cue from the great Manek-Baba, his ever so ardent followers Cabir and Mukti too extended their grasps outwards and drew their respective 50 percents in a big, warm family hug. They were together and it was all that mattered, all they needed to be strong in the face of problems. They knew whatever coming wouldn't be easy but with eachother's support backing them, they were sure it won't be impossible to be dealt with either. 

'Bhook lagrahi hai!' Nandini expressed the need of her body after a long peaceful pause and all of the chums were amused, awed. Twinkling at their cute little kiddo while she maintained an 'I-am-so-hungry' pout, they broke away and making her sit on a dining chair, Manik requested Navya," Navya please dinner lagado. Kaafi der hogayi hai." Giving him a quickie nod, Navya advanced towards the kitchen and it was then she realized that there was no food ready, when she stepped into the kitchen and found it squeaky clean, without a trace of any vessel on the counter. They had planned a dinner at Black Sand Beach Restaurant and hence, cooked nothing for the night. Panic struck her. Her pregnant bff was empty and there was nothing she could fill her with. Taking her Matarani's name, she hurried to check if there was something in the refrigerator but alas, she could see only cheese slices, cream cheese jar, eggs, almost empty milk jug, jam, butter, bakery made bread and absolutely no meal material. Her shoulders slumped in disappointment. There were fruits but she couldn't give them to her at night as that would lead to chest congestion and milk was there only for pity's sake, so less but hey! One second! Did she just see bread and cheese too? Yeah she did! Thank Goodness! Navya sighed. A light snack would definitely keep her growling stomach quiet or turn its volume down a little atleast until she cooks up dinner. Grabbing the loaf and cream cheese from the fridge, she sliced a tomato and prepared an instant, hot cheese sandwich in a sandwich maker. She topped it with some tomato ketchup, hastened out into the hall and wheezed, offering the plate to Nandini," Nandu! Lo .. yeh khalo." Confused to see her with a cheese sandwich instead of dinner, Manik asked politely on everyone's behalf," Yeh kya hai Navya? Why have you brought a sandwich? Dinner kahan hain?" 

"Nahi hai dinner. Hum sab bahar khane wale the na isliye humne kuch nahi banaya." Navya informed and the roof of the villa almost blew with the big, fat What??? that followed. Past-midnight, hotels and restaurants closed long back, chef won't be available at such an odd hour - Manik's brain pointed out all the facts and frustration sparked inside him. His babies were famished and they had to wait for food. Damn! While he kept hunting around in his mind for a solution, Cabir moved towards Navya and wondered," Ab kya?" Tying her hair with a clip and knotting her dupatta around her waist, Navya made Nandini take a bite and replied," Ab tumlog tension mat lo. Bas adha ghanta. Hum khana banadenge. Tab tak yeh sandwich chal jayega!" Quite relieved, Manik heaved a sigh and then Navya asked Nandini," Batao Nandu. Kya khaogi tum? Tumhe jo chahiye hum woh banayenge. Bolo!" Making a bad face, Nandini gulped the morsel as if it was some bitter tonic and replied, keeping the sandwich aside," Kuch bhi per yeh bilkul nahi. Mujhe kuch bohot spicy, tasty khana hai. Aur yeh sandwich bohot pheekha hai." It didn't take Navya even a second more to gauge that Nandini had become cranky out of hunger but keeping her hollow for another half an hour was also not an option. She had had a gastric attack earlier and she ought to keep her stomach busy to prevent another one. Fondly, Navya held Nandini's hand between her two and coaxed," Nandu! Hum jaante yeh pheekha hai per bas thoda sa khalo. Khana banne me time lagega aur tumhara bhooka rehna theek nahi hai. Please!" Had Nandini been normal, she would have eaten the sandwich right away and probably would have even asked for more just to keep Navya's heart but sadly, she wasn't normal. The need for food in league with her pregnancy craving had shot up to her head and temporarily blown off all her fuses. Crossing her arms on her chest, Nandini shook her head sideways stubbornly and stated emphatically," No! No! No! Main yeh bilkul nahi khaongi." While Navya took to cudgeling her brain for a way out, having got an idea, Mukti came forward with some barbecue sauce, spread it on the sandwich and then said, holding the plate again before Nandini," Le! Ab yeh pheeka nahi lagega. Jitna sandwich me hota hai usse double spice isme add kardiya maine. Ab toh khaegi na?" All of them looked expectantly at her but dashing their hopes, Nandini again put down the plate and replied," Nahi Mukti! Mujhe sandwich khana hi nahi hai. I want something gooeey, tangy, full of spicy gravy, crunchy, hot .. " She slurped dreamily and all of them scratched their heads. Now what on the earth was 'something' that is gooeey, tangy, full of spicy gravy, crunchy and hot? With helplessness written all over their faces, they turned to Manik only to find him buried in his mobile phone. Obviously irked, Mukti gave him a sharp rap across his shoulder and snarled," Kahan busy hai tu? Yahan hum sab pareshan hai aur tu iss dabbe me ghusa pada hai. Teri Nandini .. " Cutting her, Manik explained as he dialed a number," Meri Nandini bhooki hai isliye time waste kiye bina uske liye khana order karraha hoon. Acchi restaurant dhoondraha tha.

"8 Vegan Hawaiian Burgers, 8 Wheat calzones, Sticky tofu-family pack, Glazed Veggies Stir fry-family pack, Hawaiian Kabobs- Big box, Spicy Veg Tacos- family pack and Teriyaki tofu wraps-family pack.  Kai Nani Villa in 10 minutes." 

Placing the big order, Manik slipped his phone back in his pocket, passed Mukti a smile and then moving closer to Nandini, he locked her in an embrace and said," Sorry baby! Bas thoda sa wait aur karlo. I have ordered the spiciest hawaiian food. Abhi ajaega. Okaye?" Much to his and everyone's surprise, she gestured an unhappy No and cribbed, pouting cutely," Not okaye! Mujhe yeh taco, tofu .. Hawaiian food nahi khana." 

'Arey toh akhir tujhe kya khana hai?' Cabir suddenly cracked up, more worried than annoyed for her health and then imitated her," Mujhe cheese sandwich ni khana! Mujhe sandwich hi nahi khana! Kuch spicy khana hai! Gooeey khana hai! Hawaiian nahi khana!" She frowned adorably at him and fighting the strong urge to smile, he scolded her like an elder brother," Yeh ni khana woh nahi khana ke chakkar me gas hojaegi tujhe. Phir acidity ka pain alag. Tabyat kharab karlegi tu apni. What is wrong with you?" Like a baby, Nandini gave Manik a complaining look and signaling Cabir to not shout at her with his eyes, he pecked her pout and asked lovingly," Toh phir kya khana hai mere baby ko?" Playing with the buttons of his shirt, she replied petulantly," Baby ko indian khana khana hai. Ghar ka desi khana. Per pata nahi kya! Humesha mere saath hi esa kiun hota hai? Kuch khana hota hai per samajh hi nahi ata kya! Huh!

"Koi baat nahi. Iss baar bhi tumhe samajh ni aara toh hum iss baar bhi samajhne ki koshish karenge. Bas iss bar try nahi karenge! We'll just name the dishes one by one and jo bhi tumhe click hoga, woh hum banadenge okaye?" Manik suggested smilingly and while the plan thrilled Nandini, Fab-4, Navya and Abhimanyu facepalmed. Great! Now they have to read out the whole massive Indian menu card! Only this was missing! But like it or not, they were definitely going to do it; for their sweetheart. 

. . . . .

'Choley Bhaturey?' 

'Biryani?' 

'Dal Makhani?' 

'Mushroom do pyaza?' 

'Navratan khorma?' 

'Avial?' 

'Bisi Bele Bath?' 

'Daal Dhokli?' 

'Dum aloo?' 

'Puri Bhaji?' 

Abhimanyu uttered the names of all the Indian spicy dishes which google covered and looked hopefully at Nandini only to get another No. Since last 20 minutes they were guessing and guessing, going crazy and were on the verge of becoming food directories but Nandini was still stuck at her 'something'. While Cabir lay sprawled on the couch, clenching his hair in his hands and staring at the tempting Hawaiian food he wasn't being allowed to eat, Navya was raking through her mental cooking diaries, leaning on Mukti who was buried deep into Manik's phone, scanning the names of dishes like a robot as he scrolled through various indian food webpages. Whereas Alya and Dhruv were busy in helping Nandini fill the blank out, sitting before her on the either sides of Abhimanyu while he browsed and listed the dishes one after another. To say in short, all of them had, though temporarily, forgotten the recent fraught hours of the day and it was exactly what Nandini wanted. How she had wished it to happen and how magically it was happening all by itself. She just wanted the stress, the strain, the worry that Harshad had left behind to slip off from everyone's minds, atleast for a short while, and she was glad to see her little dream come true. She smiled to herself, admiring her people and then thanked her Aiyappa for the beautiful moment of relief. 

'Yeh Dekho! Hum bechare yahan bhook se, tension se aur pata nahi kis kis cheez se marey jarahe hain aur yeh Madam hasrahi hai.' A visibly irritated-out-of-hunger Cabir taunted, on noticing Nandini's smiley face to which she just flashed another sweet smile and letting out a rather amusing sob, he literally begged," Nandu! Kiun meri jaan ke peeche padhi hai? Ya toh apna 'something' decode kar ya mujhe something khane de. Please!' Saying so, he reached out to grab the box of Hawaiian Kebobs but not letting him, she slapped his hand away from the parcel and replied," You signed up for this Mr. Cabir Dhawan. So my dearest friend cum brother, sit back patiently and help me figure out the 'something'. Screwing up his face, he imitated her again in the most hilarious way possible, causing everyone to break into fits of laughter and as she awarded him with a solid rap across his shoulder, he pleaded again," Please Behna! Nahi bardash horahi mujhse bhook. Thodi der aur hui na toh main yeh table, chair, sofa sab khana shuru kardunga. Ek kaam kar .. tu na mujhe hi aise ek bartan mein thodey tamatar, aloo, matar aur kuch masalon ke saath dalker stove pe rakhde aur 10 minute ke baad utarker bread ke saath khaley. Waise bhi I am half burned with bhook." Her smile blossomed into belly laugh at his yet another funny story but one second .. What all did he say? 

Tamatar .. 

Aloo .. 

Matar .. 

And Bread .. 

Eureka!!! 

'Pav Bhaji!!!' Nandini exclaimed, being atlast hit by the zillion-dollar answer and everyone literally fell on their places. They had dug down to the center of the earth in search of her 'something' and she wanted a Pav Bhaji? They didn't know if they should laugh or cry. 

'ThankYou Cabiraa!!' Nandini chirped, giving him quickie yet crushing hug and while he basked in the glory of the much awaited aha! moment, Nandini looked at Navya and requested like a baby," Navya please mere liye Pav Bhaji banado. Bohot bhook lagi hai." The slightest annoyance they all exceot Manik felt because of the 'Khoda pahad nikla chuha' moment also flew away at her adorbs demand and giving her baby bff a bright smile, Navya nodded and hurried into the Kitchen. Twinkling at his babyness, Manik moved closer to wrap his arms around her, pecked her nose and whispered, resting his forehead on hers," I Love You!' She grinned cutely, rubbed her nose with his and replied," I Love You too!

. . . . .

Wiping her face with a towel after freshening up herself for the night, Nandini stepped out of the bathroom only to find Manik asleep but .. with a frown on his forehead, a frown so contagious that Nandini found her brows creasing too. Tucking the towel on a stand, Nandini climbed the bed carefully, slid closer to him and mumbled, trying to ease the lines of tension with her thumb," Main tumhe aise pareshan nahi dekhsakti Mani. Aisa kya karoon main jisse tumhara sukoon phirse wapas ajaye?

'Bas mere saath raho.' Manik replied softly, sliding his hand around her waist and Nandini was surprised but not really. Slipping her delicate fingers into his hair, she ruffled them gently, kissed his forehead and promised with all the love she had for him," I am and will always be with you Manik. Humesha!

'I Love You So Much Nandini!' Manik confessed lovingly, cupping her neck and drawing her closer and looking deep into his eyes, she replied before fusing her lips with his for a romantic, soul-searing kiss," Much more than anyone could imagine." 

His unending peace was the only goal of her life and she was never going to let any Harshad or Nyonika stop her from keeping it that way. It was just another dark night. She would be the light, she would be the firefly, she would shine like a star, she would be his strength. They would fight it together and set everything straight. Everything would be alright. Soon. 

To Be Continued .. 

Done !! :D I am So Happy ! Finally pulled it off :) Hope you guys liked it :) Do read, hit like and drop in your reviews. Can't promise the next update on any particular day but will try doing it soon.

Thread VIII

Hello Juhi

How are you
Firstly congratulations on your nikah
May you get all the happiness
And may both of you be understanding towards each other

You don't know me
But I read your story life with Nandini
I liked it
It's because of you and some other writers on this forum
That inspired me to write ff's of my own

This is the first time I'm commenting on your thread ever
You have completed so many threads in just one story
You are indeed a good writer
Words are like a toys for you
It's at the tip of your fingers
I really like the way you bring the story this long without making your readers getting bore

So congratulations on your writing skills to
Keep it up

And of course after your vidaayi you will be extremely busy
With firstly you husband and then in laws
But don't give up on writing
Because this is the only way you can express your feelings

Just feel like talking to you
That's all

And by the way I never thought that I will comment first on your FF
After your comeback

Welcome back and
Good luck for your future

Take care

Edited by Redcrystal - 7 years ago
Finally u updated.
First of all kl thnks fr updating.
Chap was beautiful

Luvd the bond b/w Fab5
Nd "something prt was awsum. Ones again Thnks fr da update.
Finally u r back.
Awesome update.
Loved it.
Loved their bond.

Congrats for ur marriage.
Continue soon.
Congrats for new thread. 👍🏼 Edited by Suku111 - 7 years ago
Res..
Unres after coming from school
Unres...
Finally ur back...
Wow awesome update...
Everyone cares for Manik soo much..
Manyati were awesome...
Nandu her mood swings aww...
Manan were wow...
Pav bhaji was awesome...
Luved it to the core...
Waiting for next...
Update soon...
And yes dear waiting for Ghani bawri...
Update tht also...Edited by Pari_mananholic - 7 years ago
Finally...finally u updated!!!
A refershing light hearted updated after long...

Really a great update
Congrats for ur marriage

Try to update soon!!!

Firstly congrats juhi fi for ur nikah...wish u a very happy life ahead. Coming to the update...
I really love the update. Nandini ka mood swing to sabpe vari padha...kitna accha accha dishes main se nandu ko pav bhaji hi khana hain...!!!
I love this cranky and moody nandu...lot's of love for this cutie pie.
Cont soon.
Take care.
Welcome back new bride... Hope you are having great time with the new things happening in your life...
This update was as usual nice.. The way he consoled Alya and Mukti...

Oh poor Cabir he can't even have the food... Thanks to naughty Nandini... It was real fun to read finally they found Pav Bajji...

Thanks for the update
Awesome update
Bht acha lga itne din baad yh story padhkar
Literally was dying to read it
Thxxx for updating
Soon come...
Continue soon
beautiful update
nandu is so so adorable
she is really their lifeline