M&M thread: medley down memory lane

divyavm thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Hi Friends,

It has been a while since I have created a thread ... and today I come with a different kind of M&M thread, while the common theme of music remains.

I wanted to share my first attempt at an acapella medley (with just my voice and no instruments). It brings together a medley of my favorite songs by Shankar Ehsaan Loy. The theme is based on the "Jugal Bandi" from the movie Armaan- a beautiful musical dialogue between a father's violin and son's saxophone. The theme of the song is the shared experiences a parent and child share as they go from childhood, youth, to wiser adults.

https://m.soundcloud.com/raaga-connections/jugal-bandi-loop-medley-of-shankar-ehsaan-loy-songs

It starts with "Meri maa" from Taare Zameen Par, as every child seeks his / her mother for comfort ... to "Aao Naa" from Kyun, Ho Gaya Naa, when the first feeling of love emerges ... to the Title Track of "Kal Ho Na Ho", where life experiences reveals the wisdom to live life to the fullest. Near the end of the song ... this loop of songs begins again, as does with each parent-child.

While I didn't create this medley with anything specific in mind, I couldn't help but remember specific milestones in our serial Jalal's life that showed the journey in this medley.

The Mother-Son bond. Jalal, in the beginning, was very much a mother's son, more with Maham Anga than Hamida Bano. I still remember that haunting scene where Jalal outpours his pain of Ruqaiyya's miscarriage only to Maham Anga (the irony being she was the cause of this very pain). While their relationship had its ups and downs, their bond was still very much there till Maham Anba breathed her last.

The Early Spring of Love. "Aao Naa" those feelings of love that came in many dimensions throughout the serial ... Perhaps, it reminds me of the Aarti scene, or perhaps the scene where Jalal thinks about Jodha after saving her from her suicide attempt. This latter scene is particularly interesting as he asks Maham Anga for solitude as he reflects on what he feels for Jodha. Another scene I recollect is after Jalal's birthday when he thinks back fondly at his memories with Jodha and immediately goes to thank her for his new found dil.

And of course the best example of the newly budding love for me was the moments in Angoori Bhag as Jodha returned from the clutches of death from Benezir's poison and their eyes revealed more than their words ever did:

The growing wisdom over time: Throughout the serial (with more ups and downs then one would have hoped), Jalal evolved with the influence of those around him, particularly Jodha. There was his decisions to abolish child marriage to slavery to the pilgrimage tax. Till date, one of my favorite episodes of the serial was the understated one where he is proclaimed as Akbar by the public around him.

And the Loop Continuing: Of course, this journey continued with Salim / Sheiku Baba as Jalal looked to share what he had learned with his son: The scene that particularly comes to mind is Jalal's own jugal bandi between dance and the sword to show his son the art of wielding the sword.

I hope you enjoyed the medley and also a brief journey down memory lane for our serial Jodha Akbar.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IshqHaiWoEhsaas thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hi Divya di,

It is so so so good to see you back with an interesting thread again on this forum. 😳 I have been really fond of all your threads from the past! ⭐️

Will listen to the medley and comment on that later. But the theme is quite interesting, the journey of a parent-child! 👏

Thoroughly enjoyed the journey down the memory lane...❤️

You said it right, the medley does fit into Jalal's life at many instances. 

As for the Maham-Jalal bond, Jalal's love for the very same lady who had many a times been the cause of his misery made this relationship more ironical than anything else. Though how intense it was is shown in the fact that Jalal loved her as her mother the same way till her last! ❤️

All the scenes that you have pointed out as displaying the new found feelings of are my favorites. Especially the post-poison Angoori Bagh one. That remains one of my absolute favorites throughout the show. ❤️ If eyes ever spoke so much, it was this day. True, words between them never conveyed this much that their did in those few moments! ❤️

The growing wisdom with time, was shown in the serial, but only so much. Except for Jalal's public welfare decisions, and the heart-warming scene where he is titled as Akbar, it wasn't much that the show had to do with Jalal or his growth as a person later on. In the hands of better writers, perhaps the evolution of both are leads as individuals could have been shown better.

The jugalbandi between sword and dance was really an exception in an otherwise crap post-leap JA. In that one scene, was the Jalal that we all so wanted to see throughout the show.

Thank you again for this very interesting post. Enjoyed it a lot! 😃
Edited by -AkDha.Lover- - 7 years ago
Shinning_Stuti thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Divya diii🤗
So beautiful!  I will get back to the thread later with my views...😳
divyavm thumbnail

Originally posted by: -AkDha.Lover-

Hi Divya di,

It is so so so good to see you back with an interesting thread again on this forum. 😳 I have been really fond of all your threads from the past! ⭐️

Thanks so much for the sweet welcome back! 

Will listen to the medley and comment on that later. But the theme is quite interesting, the journey of a parent-child! 👏

Yes, I love the original Jugal Bandi from Armaan ... It is beautiful

Thoroughly enjoyed the journey down the memory lane...❤️

You said it right, the medley does fit into Jalal's life at many instances. 

As for the Maham-Jalal bond, Jalal's love for the very same lady who had many a times been the cause of his misery made this relationship more ironical than anything else. Though how intense it was is shown in the fact that Jalal loved her as her mother the same way till her last! ❤️

It was indeed a very unique relationship

All the scenes that you have pointed out as displaying the new found feelings of are my favorites. Especially the pre-poison Angoori Bagh one. That remains one of my absolute favorites throughout the show. ❤️ If eyes ever spoke so much, it was this day. True, words between them never conveyed this much that their did in those few moments! ❤️

Angoori Bhaag is an unforgettable classic! To confirm, it is post poison right? 

The growing wisdom with time, was shown in the serial, but only so much. Except for Jalal's public welfare decisions, and the heart-warming scene where he is titled as Akbar, it wasn't much that the show had to do with Jalal or his growth as a person later on. In the hands of better writers, perhaps the evolution of both are leads as individuals could have been shown better.

I will take what we get, but I kniw what you mean! 

The jugalbandi between sword and dance was really an exception in an otherwise crap post-leap JA. In that one scene, was the Jalal that we all so wanted to see throughout the show.

Yes it was an amazing concept

Thank you again for this very interesting post. Enjoyed it a lot! 😃

I really appreciate your comments ... If you have a moment to listen to the song, I would love to hear your thoughts on that as well

divyavm thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shinning_Stuti

Divya diii🤗

So beautiful!  I will get back to the thread later with my views...😳

Thanks! I look forward to it. 
Yes it is post-poison, sorry, my mistake! 😛

And just going to listen to it, will be back with my thoughts shortly. 😊
harshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
thnx fr sharing d link,...divya...its will b a treat to get nostalgic to listen 2 dese medleys... 😛 😊 will surely listen... 😳
For the medley, I have only one word in mind, and that's WOW!!!

My God! You have such a beautiful, gifted voice! 😳 Moreover, you seem to have great knowledge of music too. ⭐️ Really enjoyed the jugalbandi of the songs...❤️

And the title track of Kal Ho Na Ho is one of my all time favorites. ❤️
sharmacatty thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Tfs the link dear..
will come back !!
sharmacatty thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Beautiful 👏👏
what a lovely voice you have!❤️