Debate Mansion

Soldier guilty-Iraq Rape & Killings- CNN (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 16 November 2006 at 11:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sowmyaa

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

Getting back to the topic. Rape is equally henious -in War or in Peace. WInning armies raping and looting civilians is age old occurance...it is byproduct of war. That does not legitimize though. Now we at least have the decency as human race to recognize it, prosecute and punish it.
I say punish the soldiers as any common criminals would be for the same crime.

I agree with you. Also, being a soldier is most of the time personal decision. Accept for the countries where it is mandatory. If you choose to be in marines for your own personal reasons, you should be held liable for the crime just like any other citizen.

I completely agree with you Sowmyaa & Abhijit.  Nobody holds a gun to his/ her head to drive one into military.  It is indeed about the choices one makes..
Moreover, I think that one pleading guilty and getting away with a severe sentence is also very wrong.  When everybody was involved in raping the poor civilian and killing her family, everyone should face the trial and potential sentence at par.  Also, the soldier who was dismissed earlier based on his "mental imbalance" seems to have got away.  All this bothers me.  Perhaps he was afraid of the consequences of his wrong doing and foresaw an escape this way.  These loop holes should not be made available.  I know military life is hard.  "a pea rolled on the table and it killed a friend of mine" LOL but that doesn;t mean you go on a raping and killing spree. 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Soldier guilty-Iraq Rape & Killings- CNN (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top