Debate Mansion

Ethics or Success. What’s more important?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

vdevang

vdevang

Posted: 14 November 2006 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
Ethics and Success.

What do you think is more important. Coz in this era, it's a tough way to get succeeded walking on ethical way. People have to leave ethics aside to get succeeded.

So should we leave any ethics aside to get succedded? Or We must strictly follow ethics, no matter we get success or not?

What do you think is more important?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Majoritysareg

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ethics or Success. What’s more important?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Majority

IF-Dazzler

Majority

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 12:17am | IP Logged
There is nothing called ethics. There is nothing called success.

One man's ethics is another man's poison - and one man's success could very well be another's doom.

The so-called ethical living - not harming others, doing good deeds, not wasting, sharing, helping, being a model citizen - is theoretical and illusory. NOBODY has ever lived like that. Nobody ever will.

And what is success? To some it is money in the bank; others may want pretty wives (or husbands); yet others may pray for sleep at night.

The human race is so vastly versatile and nature is so hoplessly interconnected that it is not possible to ensure that we never ever step on anyone's toes.

All we can do is ask ourselves this - "Have we done the best possible for ourselves?"

This may sound selfish to some. But it's true ...

Kool Ahmed

IF-Rockerz

Kool Ahmed

-

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 1:17am | IP Logged
Nice topic.....

It would be better if u define ethics first..
Simple words your success will failure for someone. In today society majority 99% will never be to there life... they cant digest food with out peeking in other life. if u feel ethical life is be to themselves and follow on gandhigiri then simple have u ever met some one till now.. he/she might be with you good upto some extend but no it is not possible esep in this todays society where people compete with there our ones.

and success what is it?? recently i watched devdas... Big smile SRK said to his father ke what we eat luxurious way but we eat bread only..we walk on the same land where poors walk.etc...
so if u feel success is living or sleeping on bed of gold or cash then remember the more u earn the mre u get insecure... how much one earn 99% will never be satisfied.. one who dont have mental stress can be called as successful person but not with money or some thing...

i think this topic may Debating way

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 1:25am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Jatayu

There is nothing called ethics. There is nothing called success.

One man's ethics is another man's poison - and one man's success could very well be another's doom.

The so-called ethical living - not harming others, doing good deeds, not wasting, sharing, helping, being a model citizen - is theoretical and illusory. NOBODY has ever lived like that. Nobody ever will.

And what is success? To some it is money in the bank; others may want pretty wives (or husbands); yet others may pray for sleep at night.

The human race is so vastly versatile and nature is so hoplessly interconnected that it is not possible to ensure that we never ever step on anyone's toes.

All we can do is ask ourselves this - "Have we done the best possible for ourselves?"

This may sound selfish to some. But it's true ...

Jatayu ji!!! It seems you like Theory of relativity much!!!! Your views are very practical !!!!

But living ethically (relative to a standard framed by us,because at the end of the day we are answerable to our own self) we get a satisfaction which is immeasurable,the success we get in that process is divine.

I beleive in ethical living and success may be a part of it,living ethically itself gives me immense satisfaction !!! I'm not in the habit of respecting the unethical  successful people,it makes no difference for them but for me it matters a lot.Most of the successful people may not be ethical but I live with the hope that ethical people can be ,will be successful.

Cheers,

Mythili

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 1:36am | IP Logged

My first post in DM:

What are ethics?

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=382989&K W=mythili%5FKiran

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 6:00am | IP Logged
I agree with you Mythili. Living ethicaly could be the biggest satisfaction for some. Yes, i agree that each individual has different defination and limitation of ethics and success. But we all know that as "general" when we say that person is successful or this is unethical we have some definition to it.

Going back to devang's question- what is more important? I think it depends upon individual. what each one wants from their life. To me I look at life as bigger picture. What is ultimate thing that makes you happy as long as you are alive. If it's sucess go for it, if it's living ethically go for it. It's just what you want from your life and that's what decide what is more important.

Kool Ahmed

IF-Rockerz

Kool Ahmed

-

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 6:15am | IP Logged

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

And what is success? To some it is money in the bank; others may want pretty wives (or husbands);

Wives?
Take it from me. One pretty wife may be siccess to some but more than one is a garuntee for failure to anyone.

good... i like that confidence.... coz no one can guarantee

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 15 November 2006 at 6:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by abhijit shukla

And what is success? To some it is money in the bank; others may want pretty wives (or husbands);
<span>Wives? </span>Take it from me. One pretty wife may be siccess to some but more than one is a garuntee for failure to anyone.

LOL same goes for husbands too!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top