Asian Shows

Please suggest good Korean Dramas

mizzundaztud thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Hey guys... 
I have never watched a Korean show.. Really want to do that... Please suggest some good ones

Please take into consideration my weak heart, i cant see sad shows (they make me keep crying for nights)
Also cant see shows where any of the leads die
And also where there's not a happy ending...

Please please suggest

Love
Regina

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

abayance thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
There are so many...right now i am rewatching The Greatest Love...u can start with it (if u want). It is a rom com... about a pompous superstar and once successful but now washed up pop idol. Its funny and sweet...with a happy ending!

If its ur first time watching korean dramas...i have a small suggestion...some of the dramas get more interesting after couple of episodes.
Enjoy watching!
mizzundaztud thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: abayance

There are so many...right now i am rewatching The Greatest Love...u can start with it (if u want). It is a rom com... about a pompous superstar and once successful but now washed up pop idol. Its funny and sweet...with a happy ending!

If its ur first time watching korean dramas...i have a small suggestion...some of the dramas get more interesting after couple of episodes.
Enjoy watching!

Thanks dear... Intake ur word will start with The Greatest Love then... Tell me more if possible
Boys over flowers,personal taste,Kill me heal me,reply 1997.
NivFemirist thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Healer : Action thriller
City hunter : action thriller
master's sun: horror-rom-com (ghosts are tolerable i mean i did get scared but i cud complete the     series and i usually run opp direction of horror)
oh my ghostess : horror -rom-com ( ghosts are very less as compared to master's sun)
Kill me heal me : psychological romance.
Sungkyunkwan scandal: Historical romance friendship.

^ this are few dramas that i absolutely recommend and all have happy endings. I don't know how to categorize City hunter's ending๐Ÿ˜† But it is meant to be happy so i added in the above list.๐Ÿ˜›

Also I wud like to recommend Secret love: it has happy ending but all episodes are sad...do give it a try๐Ÿ˜Š
NivFemirist thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Sorry double post๐Ÿ˜ณ
Edited by NivFemirist - 7 years ago
TurnThePage thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hello Regina!! Is this a Sammy effect?๐Ÿ˜†

Watch the Reply series. There are three of them: Reply 1997, Reply 1994 and Reply 1988. You may not like the ending but when you'll think about the whole journey it'll surely bring a smile on your face.

Healer (It's good from the H to R๐Ÿ˜†)

Kill Me Heal Me (One of the cleverest title i heard in my whole life)

Sungkyunghwan Scandal (It's light hearted. Two of my favorite actors star in here so...)

Secret Love Affair (It was beautiful like a painting. But not everyone's cup of tea)

Pinocchio (Really well scripted show. And the OTP was great)

I Can Hear your Voice (It was unexpectedly so good)

The Greatest Love (I watched it only for Cha Seung Won LOL. He was so FREAKING great.)

Nine (Clever clever show. Literally top notch. Like the American shows. It was even supposed to remade for ABC network)

Marriage not Dating (Great rom-com. No dragging and a masterpiece direction)

Oh Hae-Young again (It's a On-going show. Don't watch it until it ends tho๐Ÿ˜†. I am still adding it here it since it's so good)

And finally Misaeng (I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show. Not a rom-com. Just a office drama ut a slice of our real life)

-Onie
Edited by Onie... - 7 years ago
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Regina, nice to see you here!

Some recommendations from my side (these are not too sad) - 

1. Kill Me Heal Me
2. Last Scandal of My Life
3. Legend (Story of First King's Four Gods)
4. Heartless City/Cruel City
5. Flower Boy Next Door
6. Twenty Again
7. Healer

.Peaceminusone. thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
For rom coms you can try 
Coffee prince 
Personal taste 
BoF(I wouldn't specifically consider it as out and out romcom) 
Secret Garden 
Oh my ghostess
Master's sun
Oh my Venus 

The below ones are some of the best kdramas. 
City hunter
Healer 
Kill me heal me
Pinocchio 
Descendants of the sun 
abayance thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: mizzundaztud

Thanks dear... Intake ur word will start with The Greatest Love then... Tell me more if possible

It is a light drama...but not a teen story. The male lead is funny and sweet at the same time. The female lead is also good. It is basically about how an arrogant and super mean superstar (who actually potrays himself as humble person in front of his fans and cares about reputarion a lot) falls for a failed pop idol who has quite the opposite reputation and fame from the male lead. 

I liked this drama mainly because of the main lead (Cha Seung Won)...I loved him as Dokko Jin in the drama. The story is little fantistic...still I loves the drama. I am actually rewatching it right now. I hope u will like the drama as much as i enjoyed.

Happy watching!
Edited by abayance - 7 years ago