Suicide is Selfish or a Relief from misery?

Posted: 7 years ago
What do you think about it?
- "Suicide isn't selfish. Forcing somebody to live a life full of misery is selfish."

I too don't think suicide is selfish.
Like the person must've been going through a emotional turmoil for long.
But is absurd and lunatic thing to do.
ne need to be strong enough and suicide is done only by those who fear to play and win.

It's not selfish to keep them alive but God send everyone for something and people tell them to be alive so that they can make people and themselves and god proud of their existance, ownself and the creation they are respectively.
Everything happens for a reason though, so god must'd planned only that much life to them.
One person shouldn't ever let go of one.

There is a truth when you say some persons are definitely driven to take this extreme step. When a person is harassed by everyone close to him and is ridiculed, abused and tortured, that person could resort to suicide as a relief from his/her misery.

For every person, family is a place where one gets the required care, compassion, gentleness, tenderness and understanding. Every person is trained to provide these aspects in a family also. Every person deserves to be validated, understood, loved and adored as each person has divine essence within and is created by God and atleast in a family that is how things have to be. But when that person is thoroughly invalidated and abused, what will that person think? He even gets the message that  he is useless and is embarassing to the family. How will he feel? He may even think that, he is a liability in the family and ending his life helps that family. Once he ends the life, the family will accuse him to be selfish.

I would definitely say people commit suicide as a relief from their misery and so it is not a selfish step. But this is not a step which gives them respect. Definitely this World is full of selfish, cruel and unloving persons and a person who makes this decision of suiciding is harassed by this type of persons. But then God's bounty is available to everyone and when opens to the love of God having total faith in God, that person could find all the miseries end. That is the point when a person is respected.

J.K.Rowling with all the miseries she had in life could have committed suicide. In that case, she would not have been respected. But where is she now? She was open to God's grace despite all the ways she was harassed by people around.

"Suicide isn't selfish. Forcing somebody to live a life full of misery is selfish."?
Its neither. Its momentary impulsive act which basically might be successful or fail.. but thats it.. not to say the said person didnt contemplate killing themselves.. its just that without judgement altering drugs or alcohol... it would be difficult to execute it. So most suicides just are just accidents. 
Accidents? Then who is responsible for such accidents? A drunk driver is punishable. Jaywalkers contribute and therefore responsible. In case of suicide who is responsible?
I guess everyone is aware of the fairy tale 'Cinderella'. She got no care, compassion, gentleness, tenderness, understanding and love in the family, she was brought up. She was abused, ridiculed and harassed by her step mom and her step sisters. In this situation, if she had decided to commit suicide. Was she selfish? Wasn't it a relief from her misery? The way her mean, unloving and cruel family members behaved with her, she could have definitely committed suicide and one could say they were all selfish and responsible for this step she took.

If she ended her life, she would have just got sympathy and pity.. She had other ideas. As per the tale, she was aware of how much God or Higher Poiwer was bountiful and so she decided to be patient for the deliverance, God would provide for her, instead of ranting or raving. And finally it turned out she got prosperity by God's grace and could have had her oppressors in her mercy.
^^ Cinderella was a fairy tale where she had a fairy Godmother a magical person who came to her rescue. How many in real life can expect that kind of magic?
We can't expect magic but surely can keep hope and faith on 2 things. Family and "Every thing happens for a reason."
If 1st betray, the other one surely will keep you steady.

Sure most of them are accidents like the person if not in senses. Either enraged or drunk or depressed.
Anger always takes a toll upon on or the other.
Being Drunk usually takes you to destroy yourself. Neither can be controlled without a self will.

But getting out of depression is something you need to gt help off. You don't have to ashamed of .

But what about those suicides which happen because your family doesn't approve of your lover and the idea of you being in love.

My friend says, it is good if she do that in place of getting hurt by family. I don't know about the idea of being in love, like how the feeling is but I surely know that one love can't be that good which makes you think that Death over Family is better.
Edited by --MinOch-- - 7 years ago
I feel enraged that how people end there life for the name sake of Love, like it meant making your love low in front of people. Making your parents shamed of the values they gave you growing up.
Parents didn't approve, that only because they want the best and one should go and come again with less flaws-more good and family shall accept your love.

^ This is enough for me to hate books Like Romeo and Juliet. Anyways, that is another thing.

But yeah, love is not love when reason of your Death.
Edited by --MinOch-- - 7 years ago
Misery. I was in utter misery for 3 months due to a medical condition. There have been times where I was so so sooo close to committing suicide, the opportunity was always there, one step forward - one pierce with knife that I held... But IDK what stopped me. Parents' love perhaps. I used to research about euthanasia too, lying on my bed. 
You know how I feel about it now? It scares me how close to the foolish act I was SO many times. I seriously, do not know what stopped me, whatever it was I am thankful, I cannot even put it into words.

You know, mental "misery", is nothing, NOTHING compared to bodily problems, pains - misery inflicted by bodily problems. 

One just has to hang in there, hold on tightly, say to himself that this shall pass - no matter how unbearable the pain, just BELIEVE that time will pass and that you can face anything. 

Hard times only teach. One is compelled to grow during hard times. One will find ways to become stronger.

Whatever I say is really no where near to what is experienced - taken during and after these situations.

Now, my faith in everything is just unshakable :) 

What I've learnt is, as long as you are breathing - you must live. If you were not capable of handling the miserable situation you are in, you wouldn't be there.