Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

FF - Shattered Dreams (RESUMED) - Ch 37 PG 9 11-Jun-17 - Page 6

redpetals123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago
Hey dear I liked your story a lot please update soon would like to read more, loved Arnav khushi's story a lot, it was written beautifully.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angels11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: redpetals123

Hey dear I liked your story a lot please update soon would like to read more, loved Arnav khushi's story a lot, it was written beautifully.

Next chapter will be up today 😊 Do read & share your feedback!
Angels11 thumbnail

Chapter 37

2011 Shantivan Delhi

The doorbell chimed breaking her reverie. Was it Arnav back from Mumbai. She literally flew to the door almost panting from the exertion a beautiful smile breaking across her face in anticipation.

She flung the door open.

Arnav you are finally back. How was your...

The words died in her mouth, the smile completely wiped off her face. She stared at the face that she hated beyond anything, the face that gave her nightmares every single day, the face which repulsed her with its phoney smile & syrupy voice which grated on her nerves. His disgusting creepy look grated like sandpaper against her skin.

Khushi. Wont you say Hi. After all I am your long-lost boyfriend.

She stood rooted to the place staring at that swarmy smile which made her skin crawl.

Shyam Manohar Jha she whispered in a daze...

He gave a mock bow.

At your service...

She stumbled back as he slithered past the door. By the time she had recovered herself & stormed back inside he was lounging comfortably on the sofa still snickering in that slimy, creepy manner.

Get out... She yelled at him.

Well well quite the welcoming host aren't you. And here I was thinking you would be happy to see your boyfriend after a long time. Hmmm you look happy, in fact practically glowing. Arnav keeping you satisfied is he? Both in & out of bed.

He guffawed at his sick joke. Her stomach churned violently.

What the hell do you want you bas***d? I am sure you are the one to have stolen AR's designs. Leave him alone asshole.

She was literally panting.

Wow forgetful much. You seem to have forgotten that once upon a time you were more than happy to steal from ASR.

That was because I believed your stories you scumbag.

He chuckled wickedly.

Its not my fault that you were so gullible swallowing all the lies that I fed you.

Kushi had to bite her knuckles to stop from screaming. She wanted to kill the animal before her. She wanted to inflict maximum damage on him physically & mentally.

Get out... She told in a much quieter tone & Shyam was startled by the sudden change. He opened his lousy mouth when the doorbell chimed again. Shyam darted towards the French doors & beat a fast retreat.

Kushi tried to tame her racing heart while opening the door.

Kushi...

Kushi was stunned to behold Anjali at her doorstep. She continued to stare open mouthed & her silence made Anjali fidget nervously.

Err Kushi it felt good chatting with you last time & since you did mention that I could drop by anytime I thought but if you are busy... Her voice trailed off.

The next second she was swept into a bear hug by Kushi who was sobbing on Anjali's shoulders who was aghast at this breakdown by Kushi.

She tried to comfort Kushi & finally managed to calm her down. Anjali made her sit near the kitchen island & prepared tea for both of them.

Want to talk about it?

Kushi was shuffling the cup around trying to avoid Anjali's all eyes.

Kushi sometimes it helps to just talk about it.

Kushi looked up at Anjali & felt another break down around the corner. Her words sounded eerily familiar.

oOo

2010 Barista Delhi

Kushi was jumpy, her frayed nerves making her strung out on tenterhooks. After that sensual encounter with Arnav in his cabin she had fled his cabin the moment he released his grip paying no heed to his whispered Kushi, the ghost of his whisper following her all the way back home haunting her dreams. Now that she had experienced his seductive ministrations both at his home & in his office she was assaulted by erotic dreams of Arnav. To make matters worse the realization slowly dawned on her that it was not just physical attraction. She could no longer deny at least to herself the pull between the two. That heart stopping moment when she had stumbled onto him lying prone in his room had sealed her suspicion. Her treacherous heart betrayed her wayward feelings every time he was in her vicinity. This was not carnal but something more than that. She realized with a start that while Shyam's attempts to get physically intimate with her made her uneasy she had no such qualms with Arnav. What did that make her. She felt nauseous. How could she shrink away from her boyfriend's touch but cavort around with her enemy whom she had plotted to bring down. She felt a shadow on the table & looked up into Shyam's exultant face.

He dropped into the chair opposite her & smiled at her.

We did it or rather you did it Kushi. We are one up against that obnoxious ASR.

Eliciting no response from Kushi Shyam eyed her suspiciously.

What's eating you Kush?

She hated it when he called her Kush.

Are we doing the right thing.

Shyam bristled at this sceptism.

How dare you say this Kush. Of course, we are doing the right thing. Have you forgotten what he did to my sister or how his sister treated me. He has got to suffer for what he did.

He banged his fist violently on the table & Kushi noticed the maniacal glint in his eyes. How had she missed this. His enmity towards ASR bordered on the fanatical. She glanced at him speculatively. Was she missing something, an elusive piece in the jigsaw puzzle. Somehow it dint feel right. A foreboding sense of disconcertion permeated her being. As if clueing into her unease he stroked her hand but it only served to heighten her perturbation. She snatched her hand away & got up.

I need to leave, have loads of work to catch up.

He narrowed his eyes & spoke with petulance.

Seems you can't wait to get back to AR.

She bit back a retort & answered levelly in an even tone.

Need to keep up the pretense lest they get suspicious.

Without waiting for his reply she rushed out of the caf. She needed to sit down & think in a calm manner. She needed to sort out her feelings about Arnav. At that moment it stuck her that she included only Arnav. Not once had she thought about Shyam. The thought was jarring & she noticed her hands trembling.

Hey Devi Maiyya. What is happening to me. Am I slowly going mad. Is madness in my blood. Her eyes misted over & she stumbled along unseeing before colliding into someone.

Kushi...

The soft exclamation broke her trance. Anjali was staring at her with confusion.

Kushi why are you looking scared. Your face is pale like you have seen a ghost. Never knew I looked this frightening.

Something in Kushi snapped.

Anjali was stunned when Kushi swept her into a bone hugging crush sobbing disconsolately on her shoulders. Recovering slightly from this onslaught Anjali steered her steadily towards an open-air caf which served wonderful tea. Having ordered a fortifying cup for both she grabbed Kushi's chin & made her look up.

Kushi what is troubling you.

Noticing her continuing silence Anjali sighed.

Kushi sometimes it helps to just talk about it.

Kushi stared at the kind face before her & tears coursed down her cheeks. Suddenly she could no longer believe Shyam's story that Anjali had harassed him. His version started to look & sound flimsy. Something was not right here. She gulped wordlessly & decided how to broach the topic.

Who is the guy?

Kushi almost toppled over her cup in shock & her mouth dropped open.

Anjali chuckled softly.

I know. Only a man can bring tears in the eyes of a lovely girl like you.

Kushi cringed inwardly at the usage of the word lovely for her. She was far from lovely. She was a menace a despicable woman who lusted after a man all the while cheating him for another man whom she had claimed to love. CLAIMED CLAIMED the past tense did not fail to disconcert her further. She stared wonderingly at Anjali.

I err I mean I ...

Devi Maiyya why am I stammering. She took a deep breath & plunged ahead.

I thought I liked a guy but I am no longer sure & there is an an another guy (your brother actually her mind silently taunted her) & I am unable to sort out my feelings about him. So I am confused about what to do.

She finished lamely. She was aghast at her forwardness. Why the hell was she confiding in this woman who was practically a stranger to her not to mention the sister of her arch nemesis, the man who haunted her dreams (erotic dreams her nagging mind supplied).

Anjali seemed unfazed by her outburst & continued to smile.

It's simple really. Listen to your heart. Do as per its bidding. When you meet "THE ONE believe me your heart would know before you. Trust your instincts. Wish I had heeded my own advice...

Anjali suddenly looked defeated & distraught. Kushi quickly grabbed her hand.

Anjaliji what is wrong? Are you OK?

Anjali shook her head trying to dislodge the tears which were threatening to breach her eyes.

Once even I fell in love with a man Kushi. You see I have always felt insecure thanks to my limp & felt that I was not worth any man's love. Then this man entered my life & made me feel cherished. I thought he was the one, the one person who would make me happy. Sadly it quickly turned into a nightmare.

She had a faraway look & Kushi was both anxious to hear more & at the same reluctant. Her heart was thumping viciously & she had to tamp down on her fear.

Anjaliji????

He was actually after my money rather chote's money. I had mistaken his greed for love & played along even getting engaged to him until one day I overheard him talking to one of his girlfriend. I had gone to his house to surprise him on the anniversary of 1 yr of our relationship. His girlfriend was threatening him about revealing his true nature to me. He replied that she was the one he truly loved & I was just an ATM for him. Something inside me died that day. He caught me leaving his house & dragged me back. He tried to convince me about his innocence. When he realized that I was no longer willing to swallow his lies he lost control.

Anjali shuddered & Kushi was horrified to see the terrified look on her face as she relived those harrowing moments.

He he tried to force himself on me.

Kushi gasped but Anjali dint seem to hear her. Now that she had started looked like she wanted to unload her burden on a fellow sufferer.

He assaulted me, ripped my clothes. I fought desperately, hit him on the head with a glass bowl lying near the table, tried to run away & stumbled down the stairs. To this day I don't know how I managed to drag myself some distance away & called chote. I will never forget his face when he found me in that state. He lost control & beat the monster blue black. He desisted only when I fainted. I still get nightmares about that day. Chote cancelled the engagement & had to try control the gossip that my failed engagement elicited from this society. In fact it took longer for chote to recover than me. He could never trust anyone after that.

Who was that monster Anjaliji...

Kushi's hands were trembling & she had to clutch them but she couldn't stop the dread spreading through her innards.

Anjali's reply was barely a whisper & Kushi's heart stopped beating.

His name is Shyam... Shyam Manohar Jha

tina_1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome part
Am glad u r back
Angels11 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: tina_1234

Awesome part
Am glad u r back

Thanks dear, glad to see you have still stuck with this story despite me discontinuing the FF 😳
Angels11 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ranogill

glad you are back ...

The past is almost done. Few more chapters left 😳
Angels11 thumbnail

Thanks, think i saw ur comment on my other FF as well 😳
Angels11 thumbnail