Celebrity Fan Clubs

(-==-PaKiStAn CrIcKeT cLuB-==-)3 (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 110

Page 1
Page   of 110
Page 3 Page 110

coolsonu

IF-Rockerz

coolsonu

Posted: 17 November 2006 at 3:04am | IP Logged
Soo..
Next match starting from SUNDAY!!
Chances r that Samiullah Niazi is gonna play the 2nd in place of Abdul Razzaq!!!!

Woolmer cautious ahead of Multan Test

Osman Samiuddin

' We batted well and bowled really well, but we can improve in the field, especially our catching' Getty Images

Bob Woolmer lauded Pakistan's all-round performance in the nine-wicket win over West Indies in Lahore, but warned that the going might not be as smooth in the second Test, due to begin on November 19 at Multan.

Speaking to reporters at the National Cricket Academy at Gaddafi Stadium during a break in practice, Woolmer said, "It was a great team effort, which was important. We batted well and bowled really well, but we can improve in the field, especially our catching. We caught West Indies after they had played a lot of ODI cricket and we have to be aware of that. They will come back hard at us in Multan."

In retrospect, the Test was decided on the first day when Shahid Nazir and Umar Gul shared eight wickets in tumbling out West Indies for a paltry 206. The two ended with 15 of the 20 wickets to fall, proving yet again that any number of first-choice absentee bowlers only means a few more will come to the fore as far as Pakistan is concerned.

Woolmer acknowledged the plentiful resources Pakistan can fall back on. "We had two key bowlers missing but you know, if we ask 30 bowlers to come down from the country somewhere we will probably find two more to do a similar job. Pakistan has an abundance of riches in medium-fast, fast-medium and swing and seam bowling. Maybe it's something to do with the conditions in Punjab this time of the year.

"Umar Gul was quite special and Shahid Nazir bowled really well. Razzy [Abdul Razzaq] also backed them up well. Danish also bowled well, but really as a unit, they bowled tight lines and in good areas."

Brian Lara's decision to bat first in murky overcast decisions didn't help, though he might not have been aware that he was continuing a poor historical precedent: only three sides batting first at Gaddafi Stadium have triumphed in 37 contests before this one. Woolmer might have known, admitting that Pakistan would have fielded first anyway. "I had a feeling had we won the toss we might have fielded first. The pitch was cold, there was some moisture underneath and it was foggy and overcast. A difficult decision but yes it was a good toss to lose."

There are worse ways to begin preparations for a World Cup season than a comprehensive Test win but Pakistan travel to South Africa just before the tournament and given their perennial difficulties with bouncy pitches, an easy home win on friendly surfaces might be deceiving. Woolmer is already planning.

"We've asked to go to South Africa earlier so that we can have ten days there to practice and get used to those conditions. The guys will need a break after this series but we are planning to go a little bit earlier," he revealed.

The last time Pakistan traveled to South Africa was in 2002-03, like now, just before a World Cup. Losing the Tests 2-0 and the ODIs 4-1 was hardly ideal for morale and questions have been asked whether it might not be worth postponing the tour. "The ICC has done the itinerary," said Woolmer. "South Africa is a tough team and will give us good competition. The pitches will be different but I think touch matches before we travel to the Caribbean will be good for us and is what we need."

Osman Samiuddin is Pakistan editor of Cricinfo

Cricinfo

Edited by coolsonu - 17 November 2006 at 3:53am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "(-==-PaKiStAn CrIcKeT cLuB-==-)3 (Page 2)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ejaz_lover

IF-Sizzlerz

ejaz_lover

Posted: 17 November 2006 at 9:45am | IP Logged
Thanks for the article and I being one of the craziest cricket fans is def in yet again.. Big smile
I wanna see Afridi back in the team! Ouch .. its so incomplete.. Embarrassed
there r other players who dont perform.. and yet they r in the team.. Confused
I think Lara has a strong plan for the Multan test.. lets see..

5 days to go.. and then ASHES! Big smile

mewi

kothra

IF-Stunnerz

kothra

Posted: 17 November 2006 at 3:59pm | IP Logged
Boss apu aagaye ree..
Naya club..
thankx to all PCFC members
pakistan rocks

mini2390

IF-Dazzler

mini2390

Posted: 18 November 2006 at 3:26pm | IP Logged

hi guys...
yousef is now no. 2 in the test rankings, Clap he has beaten sum really great players to reach 900 points... Clap just a little away from the top spot and he can then take ricky's spot as well LOL ... yousef is one of the best players pak has ryt now, infact hes a world class player... hope he keeps on playing lyk this... younis is then no. 4 and inzi no. 12... Clap

then yousef is at 20 in best test rankings ever... hes also amongst the greats:

Edited by mini2390 - 18 November 2006 at 3:27pm

mini2390

IF-Dazzler

mini2390

Posted: 18 November 2006 at 3:34pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ejaz_lover

Thanks for the article and I being one of the craziest cricket fans is def in yet again.. Big smile
I wanna see Afridi back in the team! Ouch .. its so incomplete.. Embarrassed
there r other players who dont perform.. and yet they r in the team.. Confused
I think Lara has a strong plan for the Multan test.. lets see..

5 days to go.. and then ASHES! Big smile

mewi

afridi has not been consistent, now he even razzaq is being replaced wid abdur rehman or samiullah.... it doz happen, players do get dropped  after getting sum chances and  as much as we  dont want them not be,  sumtimes they have 2 but its for their gud and the team's gud Smile.....  but i think he will be back in sum time, but i want to see afridi in form.... and its gud that he gets back in form and then returns to the side...Smile ... if pak wins this one they will win this test series, while WI have to win this one to be equal wid pak, so they r probably going to fight back hard, and i hope pak play  brilliantly...even better then the first test.

coolsonu

IF-Rockerz

coolsonu

Posted: 19 November 2006 at 4:22am | IP Logged
I was tooo surprised to see Razzaq playing this match...ConfusedLast night, Inzy said Samiullah wud b given a chance...but there was a sudden change in strategy..Confused

Anyways Pakistan is in a pretty good position.... Clap Clap Tongue
Hafeez played quite good making a decent 36....was actually playing better than Imran Farhat.Clap But got out unluckily..he was leaving all outside offstump balls...he chased only one and got out on that! Imran was again too chancy...he was taking risks all the tym..was struggling hard against Gaylebut still he spent a lot of tym at the crease making 73 Clap Then nice to see Younis back in SOME action...atleast he made a half century(56) Clap But he got out playing a stroke too high!!
Now Yousuf again making a half century Clap with Ganga dropping his catch yet again! Tongue LOL But sad, he too got out on 56..Nice to c Inzy there too...its his home ground..........he has to do something!!

Edited by coolsonu - 19 November 2006 at 4:33am

coolsonu

IF-Rockerz

coolsonu

Posted: 19 November 2006 at 4:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kothra

Boss apu aagaye ree..
Naya club..
thankx to all PCFC members
pakistan rocks

Welcome back again Huzi!!
And aap achanak kahan ghayab hojaate hain??Confused

coolsonu

IF-Rockerz

coolsonu

Posted: 19 November 2006 at 4:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mini2390

hi guys...
yousef is now no. 2 in the test rankings, Clap he has beaten sum really great players to reach 900 points... Clap just a little away from the top spot and he can then take ricky's spot as well LOL ... yousef is one of the best players pak has ryt now, infact hes a world class player... hope he keeps on playing lyk this... younis is then no. 4 and inzi no. 12... Clap

then yousef is at 20 in best test rankings ever... hes also amongst the greats:

Yeah nice to see Yousuf on 2......i really think he will beat Ricky this tym!!TongueTongue Yousuf needs lyk a 395 or 375 (i dont remember exactly) more runs this year to break viv Richards record of getting the most runs in 1 particular year......thats really difficult coz Yousuf has only 2 tests this year.....the present one and the one at Karachi. But u can expect anything from him coz he is in a tremendous form!!!!!!!!!!ClapClapClap

Post Reply New Post

Go to top