Diya Aur Baati Hum

TOI:After 5yrs of Diya Aur Baati,Kanika wants to work in other shows

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
TOI:

After five years of Diya Aur Baati, Kanika wants to work in other shows

Neha Maheshwri | TNN | May 12, 2016,

ctors can often get typecast if they play a character for long and Kanika Maheshwari , popular as Meenakshi bhabhi in'Diya Aur Baati Hum' ('DABH'), is battling the same fear. The actress wants to take up other work that can help her break away from the set image. So, what's holding her back? She is in an exclusive contract with the channel. A source associated with the project informs, "She has shared her concern with the production house and wants the exclusivity to end. It's been five years since she has been associated with 'DABH', and now, she wants to explore other opportunities, which isn't possible because of the contract. Also, she feels that she has not been utilised properly on the show. If the exclusivity clause is not nullified, she will quit the show."

Edited by Sutapasima - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

susu12 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
DABH should end soon. It's not interesting anymore. 
Sutapasima thumbnail
Originally posted by: susu12

DABH should end soon. It's not interesting anymore. 

Its amazing it is running after so many yrs
There are Crazy  bhabho type fans among the TRP aunties I guess 
HalleNJ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Lol...how I wish she had the same those days where I wanted her be out of the show for dominating the screen space more than the leads! .

This lady is cunning.

I'm sure she wouldn't have decided the same if the trps are high. Remember she even cut short her maternity leave to make her comeback.

Now she could be jealous as other ladies of the show getting more scope than her...this could be her way of blackmailing...

She is talented but her attitude is...
RajeshriS thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing this article ðŸ˜Š
Sutapasima thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Zoya.

Thanks for Sharing

I guess after few yrs the actors get bored and want a change of working environment ðŸ˜†
Sutapasima thumbnail

I wonder if  this a publicity gimmick ðŸ˜²
nep3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
^ could be or may be genuine urge to do something better ..everyone hopes to do better role ..but what types of role she wants ? It's so hard to get a role nowadays ..