Qubool Hai

AsYa OS: Midnight Movies

fariaflower thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Midnight Movies

The night skies surrounded the outside world as the home itself was still packed with lights. The house was silent, except for the sounds of work being held. He typed away on the keyboard until finally his work had finished. He yawned as he closed his laptop and stood up from leaning against the headboard as he sat in bed. Asad walked out of his bedroom with his laptop in one hand. He was exhausted from today's work and just wanted to get some rest. The house was quiet tonight. Ammi and Najma weren't home, leaving just him and Zoya.

But the house was too quiet. Unusually quiet. Where was Zoya?

He walked down the stairs and passed the living room, when he abruptly walked back as his eyes found something interesting. Zoya was sitting in front of the TV set, playing around with a few things as she inserted a DVD into the player.

"Zoya what are you doing?".

She turned around and looked at him.

"I'm putting in a movie", she casually answered.

"Zoya it's almost midnight", he said looking at his watch. "Aren't you going to bed?".

"Asad! The is Night of Fear! I've been dying to watch this movie! And now we're home alone so I won't be disturbing anyone", she yelled.

"But, this is a horror movie", he pointed out.

"So? I love scary movies.".

"Yeah but, are you sure you can...handle it? I mean I've heard a lot about this movie. It's definitely scary and-".

"ALLAH MIYAN what's wrong with you Mr.Khan? I'm not a child, that I'll just get afraid of some movie. Can't you see that I'm an adult?", she screamed frustrated.

She grabbed the remote and stood up as she walked to the sofa. She sat down and pressed "play" on the remote. Asad silently watched her. He quickly dropped his laptop on the table before he practically ran towards the sofa. Watching a scary movie with Zoya was definitely something he wanted to do. He loved spending time with her, and this was a great opportunity to spend some alone time, especially since no one else was home. He sat down on the sofa as Zoya fast forwarded the movie's sponsors.

"You're going to watch the movie?", she asked.

"Well yes. Someone's going to have to protect you".

"What?".

"As long as you're watching, I might as well". He grabbed the white blanket from her hands and wrapped it around them both, so that they were snuggled together. The movie's title flashed upon the screen in a font of dripping blood before the camera displayed a night sky.

This was going to be an interesting night.

"Did you hear that?", he asked shaking.

"It's probably just a dog or something. Come on, let's go inside".

"No Priya, its footsteps. Someone's following us. It's not safe here".

"Can't you relax, it's just the wind. Everyone's waiting. Let's go inside".

Priya grabbed Zayn's wrist as she dragged him inside the house. Zayn and Priya walked in and were greeted by the guests. They sat down and immediately began laughing and talking as the party started. However, no one noticed a corpse like girl watching them through the window.

"Do you think that's the ghost?", Zoya asked.

"Probably", Asad replied. "Zoya, are you sure you want to keep watching this? We can turn it off now before something happens". He knew Zoya well. So far, she had screamed twice and was practically shaking in his embrace.

Zoya angrily lifted her head off his chest, and turned around to confront him.

"Asad! Why can't you understand that I can handle it? Can't you see that I'm not some little kid! Do you really think I'm that coward, that I'll just watch a movie and become traumatized?!", she said in a voice laced with frustration.

"Zoya, I didn't mean it that way. It's just that-".

"No Asad! You're always treating me like a child. I thought it would stop when we got married, but it hasn't. You'll always think I'm immature", she cried. She had her head facing down, but Asad moved and placed both hands on the sides of her face, cupping her cheeks. He lifted her face up as he looked into her beautiful brown eyes.

"Zoya, I know that you can handle it. It's just that I don't want you to be scared later on. You can understand right? I'm doing this because I care about you. As a husband, I need to be protective with you. I need to be sure that what we're doing is right".

At this point, Asad wasn't talking about the movie. He was talking about everything else. Sometimes he was overprotective, but it was always for good reason. Like how he disliked it when she talked to strangers, or when she was doing something risky. He spent many times in the past risking her, and he promised himself that he would never do it ever again. He couldn't imagine how his life would've been if anything happened to his Zoya. She was everything now.

He kissed Zoya's forhead. "I'm sorry. If you want to watch the movie, we'll watch it, okay?".

Zoya smiled as she buried her face into his chest.

The bedroom was filled in absolute silence as Priya slept on the bed. The door slowly opened, a creak filling the silence. A pale, gray hand twisted the knob as a corpse like body began to slowly walk inside. The girl's body was pure gray, and her black hair was positioned in front of her, so that her face was covered. She wore a ripped dress, made of a white fabric. Her right hand was stained in blood. She walked towards the bed, step by step. Her footsteps left a trail of blood as she neared the bed. She moved her bloody red hand above the body. The fingers had a blade laid in between them. She suddenly pushed the blade into the-

"AAAHHH", Zoya screamed as she turned her head into Asad's chest. Even Asad looked away from the horrific sight.

The only noise you could hear was Priya's scream and Zoya's deep breaths. Zoya kept her eyes away from the screen, and finally when the scene was finished, she looked back at the TV. Her heart was racing in her chest and the only thing that was calming her was Asad's hand stroking her arm. She was so grateful that she was watching this while cuddled up against Asad. She had no idea how she would've reacted if Asad wasn't here. Thank god he sat down to watch this with her.

"Who-who-are you?", he asked.

"Please let us go. I'm sorry if I did anything. Please let me go. Please!", Asif sunk down to the floor as fear overtook him. He was the last one left alive.

The corpse girl smile as she spoke. "I'm sorry but I can't let you go. You all killed me, and now I have to kill you".

"What? I-I don't even know who you are".

"Really? You don't remember you and your friends running me over?", ghost girl asked.

"I'm-I'm sorry. We were all drunk. We didn't know. I'm sorry please let me go", he begged.

"You killed me, and now I'm going to have to kill you".

A knife flew across the room and landed into the girl's hands as she began walking towards the crying man. Asif's scream filled the room as the TV screen suddenly went black. Everything was pitch black, when the credits began to show.

Asad grabbed the remote and turned off the TV. The two sat together, silently for a couple of minutes, trying to comprehend what they had just seen for the past 2 hours. Everything was quiet until Asad spoke up.

"Zoya, are-are you okay?".

"Yeah I'm-I'm fine".

"Come. It's late, we should go to bed".

He helped Zoya up, and folded the white blanket before placing it on the sofa. They slowly began to walk up the stairs and into their bedroom.

Zoya was taking off her earrings as the sound of a footstep invaded her senses.

"Did you hear that?".

Asad walked out of the closet, his shirt halfway unbuttoned.

"Hear what?".

"Oh actually, it's nothing".

"Zoya are you okay?", he asked worried.

"What, of course. I'm fine".

Asad grabbed a few things and began to walk across the room when Zoya's voice stopped him.

"Where are you going?", she asked.

"To the bathroom".

"Why?"

Asad made a confused face. " So that I can get ready for bed...?".

"Why can't you get ready in here?".

"Zoya are you okay?".

"I'm fine Asad".

Asad began walking to the bathroom when Zoya's sudden voice stopped him again.

"No Asad! You can't leave me here alone! You were right Asad you were right! I shouldn't have watched that movie. I should've listened to you but I didn't. I keep hearing footsteps and every time I close my eyes I see that girl! I feel her staring at me Asad! I don't know what to do! I'm scared Asad! She's coming for me I can feel it! Help me Asad she's here-!".

"Zoya relax!", he said rushing towards her. He held her arms as he spoke. "Zoya it was just a movie. No ones here".

"That's what Priya said before she died".

"Zoya Priya's made up. The whole movies made up. It's all fake. It's not going to come true".

"But-".

"Zoya everything's alright. This is what horror movies are supposed to do to people". He led Zoya to the bed and he sat in front of her as he tenderly cupped her cheek. "Nothing's going to happen to you. I won't let anything happen, you know that. It's just a stupid film".

"But I feel like-like she's here. I can't stop seeing her in my head".

"It's just your imagination. You've seen something traumatizing happen to someone else, so you feel like it's still here. And if you think about it, the ghost killed those people cause they killed her. The ghost isn't going to randomly come here to harm an innocent person like you", Asad explained.

Zoya smiled before she dove herself into Asad's arms. Asad would never get tired of her hugs. He loved everything about Zoya, and comforting her was definitely something he could do. "I love you Zoya".

"I love you too Asad".

That night as the couple lay awake at 3 AM, the movie still took a place in Zoya's mind. She had her head placed upon Asad's chest, with Asad's arms around her.

"Asad, you promise nothing's going to happen?".

"I promise Zoya, I won't let anything ever happen to you".

That night proved something more than just a scary movie's warnings. It proved that Asad and Zoya would always have each other, though thick and thin. They would always be able to support one another. They would always be able to comfort the other. Even for something simple, like a midnight movie.

Okay that was a lot of fun to write. If you want more AsYa OS's like this, please comment. Thanks for reading- Ria.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7
This was SO cute adorable fluffy and everything sweet in the world present. Loved it. Please write more stories and do PM me :)
CaptainV thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Really really really cute OS!!!! Do write more!!! :)
Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail
Amazing OS it was.
loved it so much.
sweet_tehs thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Very cute and adorable..
Please do write more and please pm me,
sj_qh_kabhi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail