Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: kabeeraspeaking

Absolutely agree, esp re: Umera & MJ combo. I think we discussed Kankar before and were of the same opinions about it. And no way, I'm not going to try and watch any show now unless I hear insane amounts of praise for it ðŸ˜† Don't wanna be scarred and tortured ðŸ˜† About SB, correct me if I'm wrong but I think arguably her best work has been in UA shows too.

Yeah. I rate her performances in Dastaan and Kuch Pyar Ka Pagalpan as well (not Umera's work). I think Sanam B has done more shows written by Umera than any other current actor as well. 
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
^She was impeccable in the mid-to-later part of Dastaan but I felt like they overdid the beginning by a large margin. For someone who can convey emotion with the subtlety she showed in Daam or even DeS, that aspect of her performance was almost uncharacteristically immature, sort of like an outlier (reminds me of how Kareena has acted in some stuff.) Then again, I've mostly only seen and liked SB in the more realistic, no fluff stuff so I'm perhaps sort of biased to her in that frame of reference!
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: kabeeraspeaking

^She was impeccable in the mid-to-later part of Dastaan but I felt like they overdid the beginning by a large margin. For someone who can convey emotion with the subtlety she showed in Daam or even DeS, that aspect of her performance was almost uncharacteristically immature, sort of like an outlier (reminds me of how Kareena has acted in some stuff.) Then again, I've mostly only seen and liked SB in the more realistic, no fluff stuff so I'm perhaps sort of biased to her in that frame of reference!

Her performance as Bano in the earlier half of the show was actually poles apart from what she did in the later half. I personally feel her best performance was Zara in Daam. She did something really special there. It wasn't her most difficult role neither was it the most difficult role in the show..but she really leaves a mark with Zara, making it her most memorabe for me.The nuances she used to play Zara only enhanced her performance. Goes to show you how important it is to incorporate subtlety into your portrayal of a character. It really enhances your performance. And Umera allows her actors to do that with the scripts she writes or used to in that case lol. 

saraaa. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
does this mean Vidya is a Sanam Baloch fan ðŸ˜³
Sanam is such a terrific actress. She is a gem to the pak industry. I wish she hadn't stopped acting 
Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Originally posted by: pieryrose

happy to note that vidya is able to distinguish between quality television shows, and than the saas bahu illogical  crap shown in almost every hindi channel.

+ 1 
Sherlock. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Came to this thread thinking Zindagi Gulzar hai would have been mentioned
UglyDuckling. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shanky1

Came to this thread thinking Zindagi Gulzar hai would have been mentioned

she just started watching...