Tashan-e-Ishq

India-Forums

Tashan-e-Ishq
Tashan-e-Ishq

Very disappointed with the episode today.

dksamma Senior Member
dksamma
dksamma

Posted: 27 April 2016 at 8:57am | IP Logged
I would like to say that I am first and foremost sorry for this post. I am one of the people who are very vocal about being positive no matter what but today's scene just made my blood boil. 
Twinkle with Yuvi in the hotel room made my skin crawl because of the liberties he took with a woman who is essentially thinks she is in a helpless situation. By making Twinkle bend and bow to Yuvi's will the creatives are not projecting strength they are only showcasing misogyny. Yes, Yuvi is a villian, but to show woman's degradation like that is just something that hit a nerve. Do the CVs realize that millions of women are in similar situation where they are not in control of their own lives? Where they are treated as commodities as opposed to human beings? 

The show is always going to be Yuvi vs Twinkle but are you telling me that if the show had two male protagonists they would have showed such disgusting scenes? Show them battling wits, show them battling it out at business. Showcase Twinkle's intelligence and spunk. Showcase her passion for life, her love for her husband, her will of steel. DOn't reduce her to a piece of meat. You do a great disservice to your viewers (whom I presume are predominately female) and to your own creative talent. 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

YuvLeFanamkir9703Taanya_khuranaiotaCloudy_NoonCuteMonstaJwalini

Jwalini IF-Sizzlerz
Jwalini
Jwalini

Thapki Pyaar Ki Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 27 April 2016 at 9:02am | IP Logged
that hotel scene was DeadCensored didnt watched todays episode till now..will catch it tommo but yday in precap only i wasPinch 
dksamma Senior Member
dksamma
dksamma

Posted: 27 April 2016 at 9:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by priyanshiii

that hotel scene was DeadCensored didnt watched todays episode till now..will catch it tommo but yday in precap only i wasPinch 

The precap doesn't even cover 1% of what happens. It made my skin crawl and was revolting. I wish the CVs would chose a different path. I mean this just seem like the show i fell in love with. 
rainaM Goldie
rainaM
rainaM

Posted: 27 April 2016 at 9:49am | IP Logged
I haven't watched a week worth of episodes but just reading about this gives me anxiety that's why I prefer waiting it out until I see a resolution and then binge-watching. The stuff becomes a bit easier to digest once you have an end in sight. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

dksamma

...Shakti... IF-Dazzler
...Shakti...
...Shakti...

Posted: 27 April 2016 at 9:50am | IP Logged
CVS are trying to hard to add in drama and suspense but instead are making viewers feel disconnected :/ I'm hoping for something good out of this track but today's epi was bleh!
Maybe by Sat we'll see the purpose behind having this track. Hopefully kuvi fight comes soon 

dksamma

Mishka42 Goldie
Mishka42
Mishka42

Posted: 27 April 2016 at 9:56am | IP Logged
Yes I agree u all, it's not a drama or suspense it's a height of cheapness and dumbness , no women is so much helpless in this world , women's know how to fight against evi or for their love but none of them takes stupid step as shown in these dramas !!!stop this please ...)
Ahlaam5 IF-Rockerz
Ahlaam5
Ahlaam5

Posted: 27 April 2016 at 10:48am | IP Logged
For indian soap, this is pretty much the norm (rape, near rape and abuse). Was it disgusting? Yes...was it hard to watch? Yes..do I wish it didn't exist? A thousand Yes'es

However, something important to note. Yuvi's behaviour has not been show as right or even entertained as okay by the writers?... Twinkle clearly calls him out on it (i wish there had been a slap but..)

You're right if it was 2 men, this wouldn't have happened. This is only happening cos of sexism and misogyny, because Twinkle is a woman.

Don't also forget that one point Twinkle married the guy she accused of rape rather than put him in jail (did Kunj rape her? No...but from Twinkle's point of view, she din't know he never raped her and even fell for him before finding out for sure that he didn't rape her).

That is something I'm still uncomfortable with..from then on I learnt to keep my standards low of TEI and honestly I'm not surprised they would do this. Indian TV is full of abuse and normalises it under the pretence of love. It's improving but far too slowly.

Atleast this time, they didn't condone those actions...showing those things (and it happens in real life unfortunately) doesn't mean TEI condones it.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

YuvLeFanCuteMonstaareeba_blossom

CuteMonsta IF-Dazzler
CuteMonsta
CuteMonsta

Posted: 27 April 2016 at 10:51am | IP Logged
@First post!

Agree word to word!

dksamma

Go to top