Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Open letter to Salman Khan from 4 yr old cancer survivor's mother (Page 11)

KaanKeNiche. Senior Member

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 7:26pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

ISHQSalmanSegatheringstorm-iLoveZaynMalikfivestars-StrAnGer-moniluvskinshukMainePyaarKiya

ISHQSalmanSe IF-Dazzler
ISHQSalmanSe
ISHQSalmanSe

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 7:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mainhudon

Originally posted by ChemistryMajor

Originally posted by moniluvskinshuk

This is the Sweetest thing I saw . Medicine can just cure u ..But Can never make u smile .

LMAO

This is the most ridiculous statement I have read today.

"JUST" cure you...and then you get pissed off when others criticize people for not appreciating medical professionals enough. Do you have any idea about how much medical professionals work hard to "JUST CURE" people?

You're totally undermining the work of doctors and nurses by saying something like that, when they were the real heroes who saved the child's life.

I don't think she meant any disrespect to the doctors. Medicine (drugs) and doctors (humans) are different entities. 

And first thing doctor learns is to be empathetic. So before criticizing this mother, learn to be empathetic if you're in the field assuming you got all worked up for this statement. Learn how a mother in her shoes doesn't need criticism, judgement and condescending attitude but empathy and appreciation for what she is seeking to achieve for her child. These two bits will help you professionally if you care so much about medical field. 

Do you work in the healthcare field? Very well spoken Clap She definitely did not mean any disrespect bc if she did then she would be disrespecting me and she wouldn't do that to a friend  Embarrassed 
Yes the first thing a doctor learns is to be empathetic...studying for one of my last tests right nowLOL The patient needs to be treated not only with medications and treatments but it is also important to  let the patient have a stress free environment (like watching this movie for example). The mother is doing exactly that. 

And more importantly people need to have a nonjudgmental approach if they are in fact defending the healthcare field 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

fivestarsMainePyaarKiyamoniluvskinshuk

-iLoveZaynMalik IF-Sizzlerz
-iLoveZaynMalik
-iLoveZaynMalik

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 7:55pm | IP Logged
Lol my sister says that music can make a patient happy...cos she is a music lover PLUS SHE IS A DOCTOR. 

Now just because she said that some other thing than medicines/treatment can make you happy, will that mean that she is undermining the effort she and the other doctors put regularly? Nope. Not at all. 

You people have watched Munnabhai MBBS right... the man who plays chess becomes better/happy cos of a game of chess when he is sick. I'm sure it happens in real also cos I once visited my cousin when she was sick..I bought cake and other things for her and she became so happy! 

Edited by -cuteee.tigress - 28 April 2016 at 7:56pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

.Anya.ISHQSalmanSeMainePyaarKiyamoniluvskinshuk

MidnightRambler IF-Rockerz
MidnightRambler
MidnightRambler

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
You guys can keep preaching about "empathy" but that's all I have shown for the actual sick person if you read my very first post. While talking big about not being judgemental, don't forget to practice it yourself.

As a person who has seen someone close go through something like this, I have expressed how I can truly understand the mother of the child. I also have the experience of being on the healthcare side because I'm a student in this field myself so I know this very well. That's why it's ridiculous hear statements that like "Just cure" because it's not a small thing to treat someone. I also acknowledge the power and importance of emotional and mental well-being that's why I said it's a huge thing for a loved one of a sick person to see them smile (again: refer to my first on page 9). 

Anyway, this discussion is pointless because while preaching about nitpicking things you guys are doing exactly that without even understanding what I said. I have said my piece. Not interested in elaborating more.

Edited by ChemistryMajor - 28 April 2016 at 11:15pm
moniluvskinshuk IF-Stunnerz
moniluvskinshuk
moniluvskinshuk

Posted: 29 April 2016 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
Firstly , Thank u Guyz who all understood my Point about what I wanted to say & tried to explain it here  Hug

Secondly , I really don't know Why such big issue is been made of my One Comment ? Where the hell I took the name DOCTOR and tried to demean their importance ? Confused I very well know & understand what Doctors are for anyone coz There is no bigger noble work then 'Saving Lives' .  I always respected their work & them ..& will always do that .  I just meant that Medicine can cure you but There is something called Love (Of ur loved Ones) which makes any Patient or even a Normal Sad person Happy and makes them smile . I don't know what was so Offensive in this if I meant this ? Anyways If at all it offended someone ..then I am Sorry for that .

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

fivestars

fivestars IF-Sizzlerz
fivestars
fivestars

Posted: 29 April 2016 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by moniluvskinshuk

Firstly , Thank u Guyz who all understood my Point about what I wanted to say & tried to explain it here  Hug

Secondly , I really don't know Why such big issue is been made of my One Comment ? Where the hell I took the name DOCTOR and tried to demean their importance ? Confused I very well know & understand what Doctors are for anyone coz There is no bigger noble work then 'Saving Lives' .  I always respected their work & them ..& will always do that .  I just meant that Medicine can cure you but There is something called Love (Of ur loved Ones) which makes any Patient or even a Normal Sad person Happy and makes them smile . I don't know what was so Offensive in this if I meant this ? Anyways If at all it offended someone ..then I am Sorry for that .

arey yaar, u r soo sweet!!! but u didnt say anything that u r apologising for.!! some members read between lines with their magnifying glasses,which u didnt mean ...let them be ..not ur fault at all !!

moniluvskinshuk

Sanju_ IF-Stunnerz
Sanju_
Sanju_

Posted: 29 April 2016 at 6:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ChemistryMajor

You guys can keep preaching about "empathy" but that's all I have shown for the actual sick person if you read my very first post. While talking big about not being judgemental, don't forget to practice it yourself.

As a person who has seen someone close go through something like this, I have expressed how I can truly understand the mother of the child. I also have the experience of being on the healthcare side because I'm a student in this field myself so I know this very well. That's why it's ridiculous hear statements that like "Just cure" because it's not a small thing to treat someone. I also acknowledge the power and importance of emotional and mental well-being that's why I said it's a huge thing for a loved one of a sick person to see them smile (again: refer to my first on page 9).

Anyway, this discussion is pointless because while preaching about nitpicking things you guys are doing exactly that without even understanding what I said. I have said my piece. Not interested in elaborating more.

Nitpicking is what you did here not them...just because it was a Salman fan, you jumped in to ridicule her statement without deciphering it completely...she said medicine can just cure and this is true, medicine doesn't have emotions to empathize the patients/people in general...she never said doctors only cure...I would have understood your LMAOed if she had said doctors but you tried ridiculing her statement debating from doctors and medical professionals' point of view although she never said anything about the doctors...she was very clear in her opinion that "medicine can just cure" and this statement is something even the medical professionals agree with Smile

@the topic: the letter was very emotional...I got teary after reading the entire letter, I'm so glad the child has fought and survived such a dangerous condition...here I wish for her good health and happy life ahead! Smile

moniluvskinshuk

Go to top