from raginis point of view. - Page 3

Posted: 7 years ago
I completely agree with your post. Except for the fact that shekhar never loved her, I think he loved Ragini a lot. I always felt for Ragini's character and thought she had a reason do what she was doing. Swara knowing how much Ragini loved Lakshya fell in love with him, I agree she was resisting at first but then overnight she fell in love with Lakshya. Ragini was great at performing her negative but the writers got carried away when she became the Maalkin. Her redemption was handled very badly. I wish they had handled that nicely. Now I don't know why they are sort of sidelining Ragini. The show has basically become about Swara. Hope it doesn't stay like that I want to see more of Ragini. Even in the promo's they only mention Swara's name.
Originally posted by luvakanksha

@ bold I totally agree with this part of ur post but sorry I really don't agree with the rest of it. 
Yes ragini's insecurity was real but she is never been loved by her family is nothing but ridiculous. 
Shekhar loves ragini unconditionally and also dadi, even shomi for that matter. Shekhar believed in her, and was ready to leave shomi and swara for her (remember shomi is the one he loves and always craved for her), dadi trusted her and did anything and everything to support her even when she was wrong. When dadi got to know that she faked her molestation she covered it up, even swara covered it up. Dadi spoke only when all evilness of ragini was out. Shekhar too was shocked with her deeds. But both of them immediately were by her side after her second sucide drama and memory loss drama. Ragini got love and protection of her dadi, dad, shomi and swara too. 
So her insecurity was not exactly love, her insecurity was lakshay, she was made to believe that a boy will come to your home look at, will fall for u, u will be married to him and have kids. Dadi and shekhar loved her so much that they protected her from the chances of being rejected. 
Shomi immediately forgave her for everything she did to her and swara even before dadi and shekhar even swara for that matter forgave her immediately. Shomi slapped her after swasan forced marriage, because that was the limit, of her evilness, ragini is her daughter too and she thought that now it's time to slap to teach her a lesson,  many parents resort to that level if a child falls an unimaginable low. Swara slapped her after she tried to prove her characterless because it was the third time she was breaking her trust on her. 
So the most pampered, protected and loved characters in swaragini is ragini and lakshay. They are loved, protected and forgived by all, immediately without second thoughts.
So ragini's insecurity was rejection not love. Her insecurity was lakshay choosing swara over her and not lakshay's love. And this insecurity ultimately changed into an obsession. 

shekhar's love for swara is what i was talking about before raglak marriage. post that he has been a swinging pendulum favouring one daughter and blaming the other continuously. that itsnt love forget good parenting.

shomi was obsessed with her own love affair too much to see what was in the eyes and hearts of her daughters. yes she woke up and slapped after the fake marriage/real marriage. what about after the bridge incident? doesnt attempted murder triumph forced marriage? the truth is she never recognised the love in either of their eyes. be is for swara with sanskar until divorce or be it for ragini towards laksh until the bridge incident. think about it, your mother would probably read on your face if you had a fight with a friend, let along going through heart break or being in love. she couldnt. forgiving someone after a mistake isn't exactly love. it is just being blind to their faults, at possibly their own detriment. 

dadi had used ragini a number of times. she knew about sanskar being fine but didnt do anything about it because it was in her favour. she used ragini in fake car kidnapping and shomi's arrest. that isn't love. she conveniently forgot her own part in the mess when ragini was caught. that isn't love.

the truth is that dadi and shekhar have protected ragini more for their egos, society statues etc rather than for love. just like they behaved with swara - sanskar because of laksh- kavya marriage. 

swara and ragini's love wasnt strong either. neither really bothered with others pain until recently. swara because she didnt always see it e.g. ragini being in love with laksh and having heartbreak. and ragini seeing it when swara was in love with sanskar during malkin track but not bothering about it. ragini has her insecurity and craving about love. while swara had her dream for perfect family. she forgave ragini, shekhar, dadi ...yes because she cared but also because she wanted that picture intact. character assassination is big, but it is not as big as attempted murder or charging someone with fake molestation...both of which swara was aware of and didnt slap ragini then. those were much much worse crimes. and yet she wanted ragini to be with laksh then but not after the character questions...

ragini's insecurity was about being loved...not just about laksh. she knew dadi and shekhar would not truly love her or if they did, it wasnt always permanent. shomi and swara were her hope until laksh situation happened and she found out they had lied to her. then she didnt have hope there. the accident and turning to negative happened at that point. so what was left was laksh. the one person who could provide it to her. that became her obsession as he was only source of love for her...as she saw it. though personally i feel she might have been better off without that. now add another layer to it...as things progressed she saw that everyone who she expected love and loyalty from, turn away (this is even before the marriage for some) and favoured swara. shomi was with swara. laksh loved swara. shekhar wanted her to be like swara before her marriage. sanskar her best friend chose swara. so swara became the competitor for the love that she wanted from those sources. it added further with them being in the same house. sanskar picked it up right during that urvashi photo blood thing. that was when laksh was showering her with fake love and had supposedly choosen her over swara who was clearly in love with sanskar.

Edited by foresight - 7 years ago
 sorry for late reply 

abt ragini i agree that no one was there to guide her to right path 

her upbringing  was not  done properly by dadi  and to some extent some of the fault lie with shekhar who never stand up against wrong doing of his mother

but love was never insufficient for ragini

in that matter swara much more unlucky than ragini

swara is illegitimate daughter . just think how much taunting she has to bear not only from society but also from her own father.

yes i also agree that all this had made swara  stronger  and ragini's over protection by dadi and shekhar was harmful  for her personality.

yes you can say ragini's life lacked proper guidance but never love

to some extent it can be blamed for ragini's deed like planning against swara with sanskaar 

but some of her offence is hard to redeem like attempt to murder , kidnapping and last but not the least false molestation that is the most degrading  thing a girl can do .

it is insult to all other women who are really victim and fighting for justice.

ragini 's character is also most pampered infact in my opinion  some time more than lakshya

but also pampering a person  too much can be unhealthy that was ragini's case 

if she did not get instant forgiveness  and made her earn it slowly  like sanskaar it would have helped her character grow and help with audience connect  more with ragini's character.

full credit to actress that even after playing negative and given such a bad redemption track 

so many still can connect with her character 

but ragini's crime cannot be justified becoz most  criminal  come from far worse background  and bad upbringing than ragini and are punished for their crime

just think in yesterday's episode she is dancing with the person whom she had acussed in false molestation case some month back

this miracle only can  happen  in our telly world

P.S. - I am bashing any actor only stating my POV about the character

Edited by sia08 - 7 years ago
If there was little planning and plotting, we can say let's forgive and move on, but attempt to murder is something really ridiculous. Insecurity is one thing and crime is another. In Insecurity people try to put down others, not stoop to the level when you start playing with life of your own blood and flesh.
In entire laksh-swara fiasco, she acted like an immature brat. Either she wanted to commit suicide or wanted swara to die. She was like both of us can't live, one should die.

All of above just for one rejection? She should have taken it with pinch of salt. 

I have said this before Ragini has no story, her character was ruined beyond redemption. To glorify one lead, they totally messed up another. She was not given proper redemption track like sanskar, if we look at the title, Ragini is more important than sanskar, and  still she was not treated well. she was the one who accepted those (shekhar shomi) who cheated on her mom with open arms, there was no ego issue or jealousy with her. From nowhere she turned into murderer just because of one rejection and after few months out of blue she was made a saint. There is no justification for her misdeeds AND there is no explanation behind her new and reformed version
Originally posted by Divine-Pearl

If there was little planning and plotting, we can say let's forgive and move on, but attempt to murder is something really ridiculous. Insecurity is one thing and crime is another. In Insecurity people try to put down others, not stoop to the level when you start playing with life of your own blood and flesh.
In entire laksh-swara fiasco, she acted like an immature brat. Either she wanted to commit suicide or wanted swara to die. She was like both of us can't live, one should die.

All of above just for one rejection? She should have taken it with pinch of salt. 

I have said this before Ragini has no story, her character was ruined beyond redemption. To glorify one lead, they totally messed up another. She was not given proper redemption track like sanskar, if we look at the title, Ragini is more important than sanskar, and  still she was not treated well. she was the one who accepted those (shekhar shomi) who cheated on her mom with open arms, there was no ego issue or jealousy with her. From nowhere she turned into murderer just because of one rejection and after few months out of blue she was made a saint. There is no justification for her misdeeds AND there is no explanation behind her new and reformed version

@ bold sorry i agree with each and every pointy but not this one.

if someone was cheated someone that shekhar who most of all cheated sharmistha and swara (though swara unknowingly but still) and janki to some extent by marrying her when he was in love with sharmistha

but sharmistha never cheated anyone except her ex husband allthough that story is also not clear .
she may or may not be be guilty there.

but tell what is fault of sharmistha if her BF decide to leave her after getting physical and married another person

infact she is biggest victim in these matter who has to bought up her daughter  all alone just becoz her BF was a coward

yes i agree it take a large heart to give place of your mother to your father ex GF 

but we cannot say sharmistha any way cheated janki
First of all Ragini was never deprived of love from her father or her dadi. One who is deprived  of is Swara, she was raised by her mother and dida. Lakshya is the first to fall in love with Swara. She  really tried to get rid of him, but she is not able to control her attraction ,and eventually fell in love with him. Swara did one fault and that is not talking about her  undeniable attraction for  Lucky to Ragini . Ragini became obsessive knowing that her half sister had fallen in love with her would be hubby.
                       I don't know about anyone else but if I would be in her place, I'll never allow me to be a murderer myself.That too for a guy like Lucky, who cheated her. I Should never push my sister for someone who is not faithful to me. ðŸ˜³
Edited by Apudeep - 7 years ago
Originally posted by Apudeep

First of all Ragini was never deprived of love from her father or her dadi. One who is deprived  of is Swara, she was raised by her mother and dida. Lakshya is the first to fall in love with Swara. She  really tried to get rid of him, but she is not able to control her attraction ,and eventually fell in love with him. Swara did one fault and that is not talking about her  undeniable attraction for  Lucky to Ragini . Ragini became obsessive knowing that her half sister had fallen in love with her would be hubby.
                       I don't know about anyone else but if I would be in her place, I'll never allow me to be a murderer myself.That too for a guy like Lucky, who cheated her. I Should never push my sister for someone who is not faithful to me. ðŸ˜³

I don't agree with the statement that swara was deprived of any love. true that she didnt have a father figure in her life and her picture perfect family, but the love that she had was far more unconditional. Dida was the best role model there could have been and for all shomi's faults as a mother in pushing her own love story through, she did love swara a lot. in fact, swara had the love of shomi, dida,. then laksh fell in love with her and then sanskar. laksh's love may have been immature but it didnt have any ill intent with it. 

shekhar and dadi's love for ragini on the other hand was conditional. it was conditional on her following their rules and ways. 

please don't misunderstand what i am trying to say here. there is no question that ragini did some very very very wrong things. ones that needed proper punishment. i also wont go into the details of the dragging of negative track that CVs did nor the fast tracking of the redemption that they did. she should have been slowly redeemed given her crimes. 

my only contention with comments here is the view that she was loved and pampered. 

for me pampering is when you love someone so much ...unconditionally that you ignore their mistakes and even apologies to the victim for it, instead of reprimanding the perpetrator. it is where you have highlighted the right values and all, but when they don't follow it, you become sad, but don't shout at them. the person who was really pampered was laksh. but ragini didnt fall in that category.

think back to every time she was caught. shekhar, dadi practically washed their hands off her (in fact dadi even forgot her own crimes and threw them on ragini's head). no one in mm was in a mood to forgive. she had taunts coming her way...and rightfully so. 

after the fake memory loss, AP may have ignored things but others were very pissed off with her. during malkin track no one was interesting in looking the other way (which would have happened if she was pampered) ...and justifiably so. of course dadi was with her since she was the one instigating ragini in the whole mess when shekhar and ragini were ready to get laksh out of jail. 

unlike AP where she tried to inculcate some right values into laksh, dadi was always interested in pushing ragini in the wrong direction...feeding her with wrong info because of her hatred for shomi and swara. shekhar was the worst kind of father. he never paid much attention to his daughter or to how his mother was raising her. who was there to give her that genuine love??? shomi cared for her alright...she was a loving person...but that is diff from loving someone. she too did not see the pain in ragini with all the rejections. any mother in the engagement scenario would have slapped laksh and gone and told shekhar, ragini and dadi the truth and said i will not let my daughter's life be ruined by such a man. she is not going to marry him. no need for faking fainting and then not even being willing to reveal it until dadi caught her for it. 

swara did love ragini in her own way...as did ragini...but again both sisters didnt love each other so much that they would put the other one in front of their love for a third person - laksh. 

the only person who had somewhat show ragini love without some mal intent funnily is AP. which is a bit tragic. but no one else loved her the way you and i would be in a healthy family. swara was more blind to her faults and stuck to her own picture of perfect family forgiving everyone who was part of that picture on numerous occasions. i wish i could call it love. but it really isn't anything healthy 

i did not see all the epis in the beginning so i have a question for those who did. in the beginning did everyone think of swara as illegitimate child? i thought everyone thought she was the child of shomi with her ex-husband and then when shekhar-shomi truth was revealed it came out. i might be wrong in this one ...hence asking if anyone knows.

i agree that if you and i were in ragini's place we wouldnt have turned murderers. we would have moved on from a person like laksh. equally i would like to think that if you and i were in swara's place, we would have let go of laksh and choosen our sister. and probably not gotten engaged to him. but then again this is fiction and TV world. nothing here is all that real. if it were, many of the characters would have been in jail (incl ragini) and many of them would have been dead given their injuries. not to mention there would have been a lot more fights in the family seeing that the younger bahu is taking decisions publicly for the eldest one. that if it happened in real life, would cause a mahabharat in the family.
Edited by foresight - 7 years ago
Originally posted by foresight

I don't agree with the statement that swara was deprived of any love. true that she didnt have a father figure in her life and her picture perfect family, but the love that she had was far more unconditional. Dida was the best role model there could have been and for all shomi's faults as a mother in pushing her own love story through, she did love swara a lot. in fact, swara had the love of shomi, dida,. then laksh fell in love with her and then sanskar. laksh's love may have been immature but it didnt have any ill intent with it. 

shekhar and dadi's love for ragini on the other hand was conditional. it was conditional on her following their rules and ways. 

please don't misunderstand what i am trying to say here. there is no question that ragini did some very very very wrong things. ones that needed proper punishment. i also wont go into the details of the dragging of negative track that CVs did nor the fast tracking of the redemption that they did. she should have been slowly redeemed given her crimes. 

my only contention with comments here is the view that she was loved and pampered. 

for me pampering is when you love someone so much ...unconditionally that you ignore their mistakes and even apologies to the victim for it, instead of reprimanding the perpetrator. it is where you have highlighted the right values and all, but when they don't follow it, you become sad, but don't shout at them. the person who was really pampered was laksh. but ragini didnt fall in that category.

think back to every time she was caught. shekhar, dadi practically washed their hands off her (in fact dadi even forgot her own crimes and threw them on ragini's head). no one in mm was in a mood to forgive. she had taunts coming her way...and rightfully so. 

after the fake memory loss, AP may have ignored things but others were very pissed off with her. during malkin track no one was interesting in looking the other way (which would have happened if she was pampered) ...and justifiably so. of course dadi was with her since she was the one instigating ragini in the whole mess when shekhar and ragini were ready to get laksh out of jail. 

unlike AP where she tried to inculcate some right values into laksh, dadi was always interested in pushing ragini in the wrong direction...feeding her with wrong info because of her hatred for shomi and swara. shekhar was the worst kind of father. he never paid much attention to his daughter or to how his mother was raising her. who was there to give her that genuine love??? shomi cared for her alright...she was a loving person...but that is diff from loving someone. she too did not see the pain in ragini with all the rejections. any mother in the engagement scenario would have slapped laksh and gone and told shekhar, ragini and dadi the truth and said i will not let my daughter's life be ruined by such a man. she is not going to marry him. no need for faking fainting and then not even being willing to reveal it until dadi caught her for it. 

swara did love ragini in her own way...as did ragini...but again both sisters didnt love each other so much that they would put the other one in front of their love for a third person - laksh. 

the only person who had somewhat show ragini love without some mal intent funnily is AP. which is a bit tragic. but no one else loved her the way you and i would be in a healthy family. swara was more blind to her faults and stuck to her own picture of perfect family forgiving everyone who was part of that picture on numerous occasions. i wish i could call it love. but it really isn't anything healthy 

i did not see all the epis in the beginning so i have a question for those who did. in the beginning did everyone think of swara as illegitimate child? i thought everyone thought she was the child of shomi with her ex-husband and then when shekhar-shomi truth was revealed it came out. i might be wrong in this one ...hence asking if anyone knows.

i agree that if you and i were in ragini's place we wouldnt have turned murderers. we would have moved on from a person like laksh. equally i would like to think that if you and i were in swara's place, we would have let go of laksh and choosen our sister. and probably not gotten engaged to him. but then again this is fiction and TV world. nothing here is all that real. if it were, many of the characters would have been in jail (incl ragini) and many of them would have been dead given their injuries. not to mention there would have been a lot more fights in the family seeing that the younger bahu is taking decisions publicly for the eldest one. that if it happened in real life, would cause a mahabharat in the family.

@ bold how come you say she is not pampered didn't dadi support her with false  molestation case just after giving her one slap and little bit scolding

shekar and dadi again forgive ragini after her truth revelation after ragini done her fake memory loss

okay i can leave it for health issue they did it 

why no question  asked when her truth came out once again  and during malkin track

specialy shekar who knew she was wrong 

whereas lakshya love for swara was conditional that she had to prove herself right in front of him everytime

and atleast lakshya  had to go to jail for his crimes even if it is for a short time

@ italic it is not always easy to read a person  mind 
 and when relation is so new how is it possible

if u have seen episode swara was in no mood to accept lakshya at first 

it was only ragini who convince her that she had move on and somewhat influence swara to accept lakshya

but i am not saying whole blame of swara acceptance  of lakshya love should lie with ragini becoz she was an adult but we cannot blame her for not caring  for ragini

swara's love for ragini was selfless to an extent that it irritate  me 

may what be the reason be it wanting perfect family or any other  

Edited by sia08 - 7 years ago

when you are old enough to steer the vehicle high time you stop blaming others for giving you wrong directions.

Sanskaar: He introduced Ragini to dark world. and he is the one who told her to quit. REPEATEDLY. He was even ready to take the entire blame on himself. Ragini who readily agreed to his wrong suggestions turned deaf ears to his right ones. She made her CHOICE. Sanskaar can be blamed for making her take first step in the wrong path. he is NOT responsible for her continuous journey.

Swara: She shouldn't have fall in love or idea of love with Laksh no matter what the circumstances or Ragini's own Go ahead signal. you don't fall for your best friend's or sister's Man. unwritten code of conduct in the girls world. I think Swara feels guilty of the same. hence her obsessive love and excuses and forgiveness for ragini and her crimes. Swara may have wronged Ragini without meaning too but she DOESN'T deserve to be pushed off bridges, stabbed, maligned and much more for that.

Dadi: she may be strict, over bearing, double standards ka galore, not a good moral compass and all but she LOVES her Laado the most. she should have tried to bring her darling grand daughter from wrong path instead of joining her in the journey.. But it was again Ragini's choice, emotional blackmail and manipulations triumphed over.

Shekhar: Sorry excuse of a father. but again he LOVES his younger child the most. over his wife and supposed love or the first child he so conveniently abandons at first sign of mistake.
and Yes he cheated his first wife on emotional level. Sharmistha didn't. she was NOT the second woman. if anything she was the wronged one. Ragini accepted Shomi that's beautiful. but she also kidnapped a very sick shomi, almost sent her to jail besides separating her parents. Ragini's crimes triumphs over others.

Laksh.. he is the main culprit. but neither he nor his family deserved what Ragini put through them during her Malkin track and more.

so why are we STILL making excuses and justifying Ragini?
she is a criminal, a psychopath, an obsessive gone girl who didn't get any proper redemption. a stab on stomach which needed not even a band aid doesn't count.

and I happen to be someone who loved her in her initial Dark avatar.

Few more thoughts:

Ragini accepted Shomi and Swara without grudges and with pure heart.
She is the one who has first let go of her engagement to the man she loved for her new found family.
She is the one who choose to take care of Shomi over getting engaged again.
she showed overwhelming kindness to 'crazy' Sanskaar.
She loved everyone truly and treated everyone kindly.
she is the one who has got most beautiful heart among all characters.

and then she embraced dark and pushed Swara off the bridge. I got REASONS for her turning the way she did. and since I dig dark I loved watching her create havoc in her dark avatar.
Then first revelation happened. and what she did after that has no reasons.
and her antics during and after Maalkin track has got NO JUSTIFICATIONS.

we can blame Cvs for her actions there but then again we can also blame the same Cvs for criminal acts of Sanskaar, Mahanta of Swara and stupidity of Laksh. but these characters don't get any leeway. so why should Ragini get a free pass? especially when her redemption track is a joke.

The Ragini Lover in me looks back in pain at 'What could have been'.
but I don't want to lump what is dished out for the simple reason that it is beneath the dark Ragini I loved once.

Ragini has got NO justifications or reasons to do what she did after a point of time. Plain and simple!