Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

farcry thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
CHAPTER-2

I groaned as the powerful sun rays hit me over my face, forcing me to get out of my bed. But I stayed on bed, as if it was inviting me. The need to stay in the bed inside my covers outweighed the need to close my blinds.

"Nandini, wake up, Honey!" I heard someone shouting.

"Mom? What time is it? Please! Let me sleep." My voice came out roughly.

"It's time to get up honey. Do you want to be late for your first day of your job?" I heard my mom say.

Then it clicked in my mind. Shit! It's my first day. I don't want to be late for my first day. I shot up from my bed, forgetting all the sleep. I seriously hate this. Who loves to be waken up this early in the morning, when he/she is cuddling against the pillows and comforters?

"Come on, now, get up!"

"f**k!" I groaned making an annoying face moving in to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair looked like a nest. I tried to untangle it, but as I failed, I proceeded to brush my teeth. I stripped of my pyjamas and my bunny top and stepped into the shower turning it on. As soon as the cold water hit me, I spluttered and gasped at the unexpected icy cold that ran down my skin.

After finishing and wrapping a towel around my body, I picked out my ripped baby blue jeans and a yellow tank top. I changed, putting up a leather jacket, and let my hair fall upon my shoulders. I did my light make-up. I was never fond of doing it. For me, it included a lipstick and an eye-liner only. I don't know why the so called s**ts come with a large amount of make-up smeared upon their faces only to impress boys.

Anyway, I checked myself one last time and went downstairs. My gaze stopped on a little note resting on the table. It read:

I have gone to work. Sandwiches are on the table. Eat before leaving. I asked Aryaman to drop you to the cafeteria.

Love, Mom.

Then realization hit me hard like a bucket of cold water. I almost forgot about Aryaman. He was nowhere to be seen. After having my sandwich, I searched the whole house but couldn't find him. Where could he have gone? I looked at my wrist watch. I was already getting very late. I ran towards the front door when I heard a faint voice. It was Aryaman's. I couldn't hear it clearly but I could make out some words. Like money...give..time...next week. What? He is acting weird since last two-three days. Was something wrong? Was he hiding something?

I started walking towards him in the front garden. As soon as he saw me, he cut his call. I can make out he was nervous as well as furious. "You ready?" he asked. I nodded and smiled at him. "Whom were you talking to?? I was looking for you!"

He looked very nervous and didn't reply. "You alright?" asking this I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, of course. I am alright. I was talking to one of my clients. No need to worry." He said giving me a weak smile.

"You know, you can tell me." I said trying to comfort him.

"No. It's nothing, really. You are getting late. Let me drop you." He said walking towards our car. When we reached, I gave him a hug and got out of the car. Waving him a 'bye' through the window, I walked into the caf.

As soon as I entered, loud and obnoxious whispers floating came to a halt; everyone was staring at me with hungry eyes. At last, I saw the manager A.K.A boss, Mr. Udit Jain. He was a bald, old, short and a very weird man. He was also staring at me hungrily, like he was going to eat me up anytime. I was already very late on my first day and their gaze on me was making me very uncomfortable.

"You are late, Miss Murthy. Do not repeat it from next time. Now go, start with your first customer over there." He said walking towards me, giving me a wicked smile, pointing towards a costumer and eyed my body again. What's with the people here? The customers were no less. Does everyone here behaves like a pervert? Anyways, I nodded and started walking quickly towards the customer. I wanted to be far away from this asshole.

I reached their table. It was an old man. "Good morning, Sir. What would you like to order? " I asked sweetly. But his eyes were fixed on my chest. Pervert. It made me conscious. I quickly pulled down my scarf. "Hi, Sir. What do you want to order?" I asked again, but this time not sweetly.

He came out of his reverie and said "Huh? Yeah. A cup of coffee would be fine." 

"Anything else, Sir?"

"No...no. Nothing Else."

I was going to the kitchen to get the order when I bumped into someone. In front of me, was a timid looking petite girl wearing a jeans and a simple black top. Still, she was looking very gorgeous.

"I am sorry." She said smiling shyly, her lips crinkling as she did.

I smiled at her. "It's okay. By the way, I am Nandini. I am new here. In fact, I joined today only." I offered her a handshake and she took it.

"Hey, nice meeting you. I am Navya." She said shaking my hand. She seemed nice. Thank god, not everyone was weird here. I could sense that we were going to bond good.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked her hesitantly.

"Of course." She replied.

"Umm...wh...whats with the people here? Do they have a problem or something? They were staring at me as if they were going to kill me!" I blurted. I waited for her reply but she started laughing. "What?" I frowned.

"Noth...nothing!" She tried to stop her laughter by placing her hand on her chest. "Actually, you are right. They have a problem. Everyone here is like this. No need to worry. Just ignore them. Now, I need to go. I have an order to take. See you! " I nodded and she left. I also went to get a cup of coffee for my customer.

I don't know what's going on. Everyone is acting weird including Aryaman. I need to find out what he is hiding. Ignoring the odd thoughts, I went to give the order.

What do you think? Please comment. I would appreciate your feedback;D. I know this update is also a short one. I promise, I will be giving you a long chapter next time, at least longer than the last two:P. Also, I need help. I want to make this a members only post. I am not able to find this option. Please, help me with it. 

Thanks

Edited by farcry - 7 years ago
suraiya77 thumbnail
Amazin'
the story is really interesting
loving every bit of it
update soon
rockstarlover thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awesome start
cont soon
AMAR_LOVE thumbnail
int...cont soon
plz pm me 
farcry thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
CHAPTER-3

After a tiresome work, my day was complete. Finally.

"Would you like to sit with me?" a voice came from behind. I turned around to find Navya. "Sure." I replied. We were having a break time. I was eating my cheese burger when I felt Navya nudging my arm.

"What?" I asked.

"So? How was your day?"

"It was amazing you know!?" I replied sarcastically and she rolled her eyes chewing her burger. "You know, that Udit guy is an asshole! He totally f**ked me up today." I said.

"Yeah, Yeah. I know that. He is a total bitch. Each and every staff member hates him." We stared at each other for some time.

"So tell me about yourself."

I started "Hmm...I am 20 yrs old and I have recently moved in with my mother--" I looked at my ring and continued "and my fiance. Umm...that's all?" She chuckled at my amazing introduction.

"What about your dad?" I started coughing hearing her question. It was always a sentimental subject.

"Umm...he died when I was five, in an accident." I replied, controlling the urge to cry.

"Oh, I am sorry."

"It's okay." I smiled at her weakly, and we consumed into a round of silence. "Tell me about him." She said gesturing towards my ring finger. I blushed. I could feel my cheeks getting red. "His name is Aryaman. I met him last year. He's a really good guy. He loves me a lot. And also, he is smoking hot." I almost whispered the last line.

"What about you?" I asked ignoring the awkwardness. She looked at me.

"I live nearby with my mom, dad, my little sis and my granny. I am born and brought up in this area. I have a boyfriend. He controls a business." She replied. Wow...she is so lucky. She has her family. She has her dad. I wish I also had him. I miss him ve--

"Hey! What the f**k are you doing, bitches? Get lost! Your time is up."  Udit shouted at both of us bringing me out of my thoughts and also bursting our eardrums. I don't like this man already. "The cafe is going to get close. Get your ass out of this cafe fast!" He then points at me "And you! Don't be late from tomorrow." I gulped and nodded.

I looked at Navya and she gave me a reassuring smile and we got up from our chair. "Go f**k yourself!" she said harshly eyeing Udit while walking out of the caf and I tried to suppress my laugh.

We were walking down a road. It was dead quiet, not a single sound. I had messaged Aryaman not to come and pick me up as I will be going with Navya.

"Don't ever go in that area. It's too dangerous." She suddenly warned me while we were passing the road, pointing at an alley. "Dangerous?" I asked her confusingly and she nodded. "Have you ever heard of Manik Malhotra?"

"No." I replied casually.

"No?" She shouted and stopped abruptly and put a hand on her mouth, realizing what she did.

"What? Is he that special that I should know him?" She looked at me as if I am mad.

"Lady, are you crazy? What are you talking about? Who doesn't know him? He is one of the biggest, arrogant and the ruthless Mafia boss in this area. He doesn't spare anyone. Police has been searching for him for years. But they are still not able to catch him." she replied throwing her hands up in the air.

"So how is he related to this alley?" I asked mimicking like her.

"He has a den near that alley. There is a rumour that once a person was killed in that alley by his people because he betrayed him and defied his commands. He was brutally eaten by the dogs as a punishment." She whispered quietly to me.

"What the hell? I don't believe in all those things. The Manik guy maybe true but the rumor is definitely a hoax." I said shrugging my shoulder and ignoring what she said.

"So, you don't believe me?" I shook my head in a 'no'. "Then don't. But I am warning you to stay away from this area, away from him...especially at late night. I know, I can't tell you what to do but please be careful. If you hear the name Manik Malhotra, just leave immediately." She said to me and I rolled my eyes. "Okay. As you wish." I replied. And with a final wave to her and I walked towards my house and she left in the opposite direction.

"Huh! Mafia? What the hell? Why the f**k do the people believe in these stories? This is all bullshit!" I muttered to myself and slightly chuckled.

Next day, I was late again as I had to go by the bus. Today, when I woke up, Aryaman was not at home. Mom told me he left early for his office. At first, I was upset for not telling me. He never leaves like this. But then mom told me that it could have been important. Now, I was late. I had to be ready to face Udit's wrath again.

As soon as I reached, my boss pulled me behind him, dragging me into the diner. I yelped in pain as his grip on my wrist didn't loosen when I stumbled over my feet. That was surely going to leave a bruise.

"This is your last warning you bitch! Next time you are fired." He snapped. I nodded before hurrying my way to the customers. I rubbed my wrist on my way to ease the pain.

"You are late." Navya stated. "I know." I said rolling my eyes.

"Are you not afraid of getting fired?"

"What can I do, Navya? The bus was late." Saying this I took out my notepad and a pen and left to take the order.

A group of people looked relieved when they saw me walking up to them, probably tired of waiting. I apologized and took their order.

As I was late, Udit had extended my working hours today. So, I had to walk alone to my house as Navya left early. After finishing my work, I looked at my wrist watch. It was half past twelve in the night. I had called my mom that I would be late. She told me that Aryaman has also not returned. I got worried. Where was he at this point of hour? I tried to call him if he can pick me up, but his phone was switched off. f**k!

When I was walking back, it started raining. It was raining heavily. I was completely drenched in water. I guess today luck was not on my side. Because the road which leads to my house was also blocked. No one was in sight. There was pin drop silence except the sound of water droplets striking the ground. The road seemed to have endless darkness. The street lights were not giving much light.

I sighed and stared at my surroundings. Everything was dark. It was killing the shit out of me.

I groaned thinking what to do.

Now what? Think, Nandini, think.

I was pacing back and forth when my eyes landed in the direction of alley. There should be a short-cut or something. I was about to step in that alley, when Navya's story popped into my mind. Do not go there. It's too dangerous.

No Nandini, this is all bullshit. Come on, you can do it. Come on! I said to myself, shaking my head and stepped in the direction of the alley. It was like an irony. I only didn't believe in those f**king rumours and now I was freaking out. A shiver ran down my spine when a blow of wind went past by me. I folded my hands to help myself from bitter wind. Thank God, I was wearing full sleeves today. But they were not of much help. I started walking towards the alley.

My legs were about to snap off any minute. I had been walking for about an hour. And at this point of time I was oblivious of where I was going. I am definitely lost. This day just kept on getting worse. Where do I even begin, first the boss's wrath, then working late night and then finally the weather and the road. Just as I was about to take another step, a voice made me stop dead in my tracks. Someone was shouting.

"Stop hallucinating Nandini." I told myself. Then again came the voice. This voice was so familiar. I have heard it somewhere.

"Please. Don't. I told you I want some f**king time. Please give me one-"

"Oh, Shut the f**k up!" A new voice came and I flinched. I headed towards the voice quietly. I saw a small clearing and the outline of four men. The three were standing around the clearing and one of them was lying on the floor. I looked a little closer at the lying figure, and almost had a heart attack. Aryaman.

Hey, please comment; I want to know what you are thinking. I want more and more readers:D Next update will depend upon the response. So do comment.

And please help me with the "members only post" issue. 

One more thing, if you want PM's please buddy me.

Edited by farcry - 7 years ago
rockstarlover thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
interesting update
loved the bond of navni
navya is a sweetheart
that udit is a pain in the ass😡
is aryaman related 2 mafia business?
cont soon
Autumn_Hue thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Wow!! That was one update.. I like the bond between Nandini and Navya it's pretty pally.. I loved it when Navya gave it back to Udit on his face for being a jackass.. 
You've written down the suspense pretty well here and the build up for the next chapter is lovely too.. Can't wait to read the next chapter.. 

Update soon. 

Love, 
Kashmi 
riyaparo thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
awesome
please continue soon
suraiya77 thumbnail
Awesome
loved it very much
continue soon
reet0143 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
awesome update...
mind blowing story...

i so knew it k aaryaman is in a deep shit ...use money return karni thi jo vo arrange nahi kar pa raha hoga...

and now manik will kill him and nandu will see this...and manik will be after nandu ...he will surely get possessed with nandu...

amazing i loved it

update soon