Posted: 7 years ago
Chap 3, 4 Superb updates poor Khushi
Arshi.Sugi.IPK thumbnail
Chap 5, 6 Gr8 updates marriage? eagerly waiting 4 Khushiz past
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
wow, this mystery is getting so complicated...did Khushi really get married...
-BeYourSelf- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hp arnav able knws d past of khushi
Another amznf updt
Loved it
..optimist.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thank you everyone!! 😃
Posting the next chapter in some time 😉
..optimist.. thumbnail

[Banner Credit : Kiddo_Star aka Shreya]

Chapter 7

Khushi stood at the door of the study room where Arnav was sitting on the chair resting his head over his fingers with closed eyes. Khushi knocked on the door. Arnav looked up at her. "May I come in, Sir?" asked she. Arnav nodded telling her to come. He told her to sit on the other chair. 

Both were silent for a moment. Khushi knew that Arnav wasn't satisfied with the progress of his new story as he wasn't able to write up to his expectations. He was frustrated. "I am not able to concentrate Khushi..." he said shaking his head, "I don't know why... Tell me, what should I do?" Arnav seemed restless and very disappointed in himself. 

"Sir, this is no problem... It happens with... It happens with everyone! You just need a break maybe... Take rest for a day or two, and then start afresh!" suggested Khushi. She was anyways not interested in the story. She wanted to work on the Barun-Sanaya story. She thought this was the best chance to bring Arnav back to the incomplete work of his. She decided to give it a try. "You can read previous work of yours..." she said. She hesitantly continued, "Or probably the incomplete works of yours..." Arnav threw a glance at her and she paused. "Err... I mean... It would give you new ideas..." she covered up. "And maybe you would feel like continuing Sanaya's story..." she murmured. 

"What did you say?" asked Arnav. 

"Umm... Nothing!" said Khushi with a fake smile. Arnav knew exactly what she wanted. 

Arnav agreed with the idea of taking a break for a couple of days. That would surely refresh him. "I think you are right Khushi!" he said. Khushi's face glowed and she couldn't hide her excitement. She couldn't believe that Arnav decided to continue the Barun-Sanaya story. Arnav continued, "I need a break!" And Khushi's excitement faded away. He was talking about taking a break and not about continuing the story. Arnav looked at Khushi, "Thank you!" he said smiling. Khushi too tried to smile with her sad face. "It would be great to go out and explore this hill-station, what do you say?" said Arnav in excitement. Khushi just nodded. Just then Khushi heard Kaveri Mausi calling out for her. Khushi excused herself and told Arnav that she must go. Arnav nodded. While going, Khushi purposely left those pages of the story she was carrying, on the chair so that Arnav would see them and read them and feel like going ahead with the story. Arnav noticed that and he sighed shaking his head. "This girl will never give up on the story..." he thought looking at those pages.

The dinner was arranged on the dining table. Everyone was waiting for Arnav to come. After waiting for some time, Kaveri Mausi went to call him. Khushi and Ramu occupied their places. Kaveri Mausi returned with Arnav. Khushi saw Arnav carrying those pages as he came into the dining room. She was waiting for him to declare that he would continue with the story. But her excitement was washed away when he kept those papers on the table saying, "You left these papers in the study..." Ignoring those papers, he began eating. 

"Oh... is it?" said Khushi pretending that she didn't remember, "I had totally forgotten! You found them! I was searching for them...!" Arnav didn't reply. He just ate silently. Khushi was thinking how to convince Arnav to continue the story. And then an idea struck her mind. 

Arnav missed a beat seeing that smile on her face. "Oh God! What is she going to do now?!!" he thought. 

Khushi took those pages in hand and said, "Kaveri Mausi, have you read this story of Arnav Sir?" she asked showing those pages to Kaveri Mausi. 

"I don't remember seeing these pages..." said Kaveri Mausi trying to recall, "Which story is this, Arnav?

Arnav was about to speak but Khushi cut in saying, "Don't ask him Kaveri Mausi, ask me! I will tell you the story!" said Khushi glancing at the irritated face of Arnav. She smiled and continued, "Kaveri Mausi, Ramu, this is a very beautiful story of two people... Barun and Sanaya..." Arnav tried to stop Khushi but he couldn't. And Khushi began narrating the story with all expressions and emotions, making it all the more interesting. Kavery Mausi and Ramu were engrossed into the story. Khushi was narrating the story in such a realistic way, feeling every word she said, that even Arnav couldn't believe it was the same story he had written. He too was lost in listening to his own story, rather he was lost in staring at Khushi. Her sweet voice, her expressive hazel eyes, her actions, her beautiful face and her silky hair falling over her shoulders... He just couldn't take his eyes off her... The narration was over. Kaveri Mausi and Ramu wanted to hear more. "See," said Khushi looking at Arnav, "even they want more of this story!!" Arnav was lost in looking at her. "Sir!! I am talking to you!! Please don't pretend to ignore my words..." pleaded Khushi. Little did she know that Arnav wasn't pretending at the moment. But Kaveri Mausi didn't fail to notice that. "Kaveri Mausi, you please tell Arnav Sir to complete this story... Please?" said Khushi in the cutest voice. 

Kaveri Mausi looked at Arnav who was engrossed in his own thoughts. "Arnav, I agree with Khushi..." said Kaveri Mausi. Arnav didn't seem to hear anything. "Arnav!" said Kaveri Mausi nudging him. 

Arnav came out of his thoughts, "You said something Kaveri Mausi?" he asked. 

"Yes!" Kaveri Mausi replied, "I agree with Khushi. You should continue this story! Right Ramu?" Ramu nodded in agreement. Arnav threw an angry glance at Khushi and went to his room. Khushi's smile faded away.

Aman asked for Khushi's Mumbai residence from the company she was working for. He went to the location. It was an apartment with eleven floors, six flats per floor. As per the address he had got from the company, Khushi used to stay on the second floor. So he went to the second floor by lift. Khushi's flat number was 205. Aman rang the doorbell. An old lady opened the door. Aman asked her whether she knew anything about Khushi Kumari Gupta who stayed there a couple of years ago. But the old lady said she had no idea about any girl named Khushi. She told Aman to ask the chairman who stayed in flat number 201. Aman thanked the old lady and rang the doorbell of 201. Mrs Joshi opened the door. "Hello Ma'am, I am Aman. Actually I wanted to know about Miss Khushi Kumari Gupta who...

Before Aman could complete the sentence, Mrs Joshi yelled at him, "Don't even take the name of that evil girl here...!!! And don't you dare come here again... This girl will take our lives one day!!" and she banged the door on Aman's face.

Aman couldn't understand anything. He was surprised at such a reaction from the woman. He returned to his hotel room and called Arnav to tell him what happened.

Arnav was surprised too. He couldn't stop thinking about the woman's words. Don't even take the name of that evil girl here...!!! This girl will take our lives one day!! Why was the lady so enraged by just the name of Khushi? Khushi seemed such a nice girl who would never even think of hurting anyone. Then why did Mrs Joshi call Khushi evil? And what did she mean when she said 'This girl will take our lives one day!!'? Now Arnav was desperate to know more about Khushi. He asked Aman to stay in Mumbai for some more days and try to find more about Khushi.

Arnav went to the balcony of his room. He couldn't stop thinking about Khushi. What was hidden in her past? He breathed in the cool night air. He could hear the rustle of trees and the sounds of insects. The night was quiet. Just then he heard the door of Khushi's balcony open. He quickly switched off the light of his room so that Khushi didn't notice him standing in the balcony. He just observed Khushi very keenly. Khushi stood in the balcony placing her hands on the railing. She didn't seem to be in a great mood. He couldn't see clearly, but it seemed as if she was wiping her tears. Was she crying? Arnav silently watched her actions. Was she sobbing? He couldn't make out, but something was wrong. And then he heard her say these lines...

Jab mera koi kasoor hi nahi hai,
Toh kyun main sharminda hoon?!
Saansein toh le rahi hoon har pal...
Lekin kya main vastav mein zinda hoon?

(Meaning
When I am not at fault, feeling guilty why should I strive? 
Though I am breathing every moment, am I really alive?)

Khushi sat down resting her back on the railing. Arnav could feel Khushi's pain. She always showed herself happy. But the truth always came out whenever she was alone. Arnav understood that Khushi didn't want to share her pain with the world. Why did Mrs Joshi said that Khushi was evil? Maybe Khushi was held responsible for something very wrong that she never did... Arnav couldn't stop thinking. He thought that Khushi needed a break more than him. He wanted to speak to her, make her feel comfortable. But that was not possible at this moment atleast. He switched on the lights to make Khushi know that he was in the balcony. Khushi quickly stood up and made sure her face looked normal. Arnav showed as if he had come into his balcony just then. He looked at Khushi pretending to be surprised. "You are still awake?" he asked. 

"You too haven't slept yet...!" replied Khushi. 

"Well, the reasons for our not sleeping are surely not the same..." said Arnav. Khushi remained silent. Arnav smiled and said, "I was wondering if you would accompany me tomorrow. We will spend some time with nature... I need a break and I would be glad if you come along. I am sure you will like this place!

Khushi was surprised at the invitation. She didn't know what to say. But then she made up her mind and said, "Thank you Sir, but I would be fine staying back...

Arnav knew she would deny. He wanted to somehow make her to come with him. "Why? Won't you like my company? Or don't you wish to see Panchgani? Oohhh... I see... You don't trust me, is it?" he said acting to be hurt. 

"No no... Nothing like that Sir!" said Khushi innocently. 

Arnav was happy. "Good!" he said, "Be ready by 7 am tomorrow!

Before Khushi could say anything, Arnav went into his room and closed the door of the balcony. Khushi too came into her room wondering whether she should go with Arnav or stay at home. Arnav was happy that he compelled Khushi to come with him. Both went to sleep wondering what the next day would bring for them...!

Edited by ..optimist.. - 7 years ago
Kiddo_Star thumbnail
Ohho! The evil villain... Hihi...
Arnav and Khushi together wow... I can't wait for more... Please update soon Didu
Tnx for pm

..optimist.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kiddo_Star

Ohho! The evil villain... Hihi...

Arnav and Khushi together wow... I can't wait for more... Please update soon Didu
Tnx for pm

Haha...
Yes... Arnav and Khushi together... You will see how this break will bring them closer 😉
Will update tomorrow 😆
maitydeblina thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Interesting update😉 so many questions
Why that lady reacted liked that about khushi?
Stubborn khushi won't leave the topic of the story😆
Poor arnav,phas gaya bechara😆
Wow he proposed her for the trip,eagerly waiting for their trip😉
I loved the poem,ausum😊
Thanks for PM and update😊
Update soon😊