SRK sacrifices Raees release for Salman Khan

ChotaBheem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

SHAH RUKH KHAN SACRIFICES RAEES' RELEASE FOR SALMAN KHAN

Tuesday, 26 April 2016 14:26
Posted by Asfia Afzal

Bollywood superstars Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan have been surprising fans with each passing day. This budding friendship has not only creating twirl in their personal lives but also their professional ones. Shah Rukh Khan has finally decided to push the release date of Raees' from Eid 2016 to January 2017 for friend' Salman Khan.

In an interview to Bollywood Life, SRK said, "I guess we (Raees) could shift. But I don't know the readiness of Sultan'. They all are friends - Adi (Aditya Chopra), Salman (Khan), Ali (Abbas Zafar), I know them all. So, if mutually we all can figure out a date where one of us goes a week up or down, we might! Or we might not".

"I think logic will be to shift. We will try and figure out a way so that it doesn't eat into each other's business. It is awkward... it's like what are we doing. I don't think we like to have it (box office clash)," he added.

Trade experts also believe that it's a good idea to postpone release date of any one of the movie. It's a good gesture by Shah Rukh Khan to postpone his highly anticipated release. "When stakes are so high and there are cordial equations between Shah Rukh and Salman or more importantly, SRK and Aditya Chopra, it's a gracious gesture to allow each other their space. It will benefit both the film and give them maximum potential in sharing screen space," Trade expert, Akshay Rathi said.

Some trade analysts also said that if Raees comes with Sultan, it's a suicide.

Now as per the current situation, SRK's films have usually fared well on Christmas but with Aamir Khan's Dangal' is set to hit theatres on December 23, he now has no option but to look for a January 2017 release.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fari.akhter thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Lol salman nhi apni izaat bacchany k liye 😆
~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Where is the sacrifice ? Somebody bold that part for me. 
Why isn't Salman making any comments? 
subhs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
bhai should sacrifice and show his star power 
theprince thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
the funny thing we only see reaas team talk even before fan flop jus dont talk too much shift the film and thats it with no excuse because fan result make it worse

Aamnakideewani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Jan is too far ,this delay can harm the movie itna sacrifice karne ki zaroorat nahi hai srk should think about his movie
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
sacrifise? 
hahaha

nice choice of words

more like saved his ass..
TMKOC_FAN thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Where did srk say he sacrificed for Salman?Kuch bhi!He just said that clash will affect both the films.
Btw,the makers of Raees decided first to release it on Eid.So shouldn't it be logical for the makers of Sultan to move the release date?After all bhai has more star power than srk na and bhai fans have always made his crappier films also superhit.So Sultan makers should move the release date because they have nothing to worry about. 

Edited by TMKOC_FAN - 8 years ago
Aamnakideewani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: TMKOC_FAN

Where did srk say he sacrificed for Salman?Kuch bhi!He just said that clash will affect both the films.

Btw,the makers of Raees decided first to release it on Eid.So shouldn't it be logical for the makers of Sultan to move the release date?After all bhai has more star power than srk na and bhai fans have always made his crappier films also superhit.So Sultan makers should move the release date because they have nothing to worry about. 

logic