Anokhi toh tumhe bhi kisse se daarrr lagta hai๐Ÿ˜‰

I didnt knew that

And that's hard to believe as well , I pity that teacher ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago

Sulochana (Ramayana)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ravana's virtuous daughter-in-law Sulochana receives the head of her husband Indrajit, who has been killed by Lakshmana

Sulochana (Sanskrit: , lit. she whose eyes are beautiful) was the daughter of the king of the serpents Sheshanaga, who is mentioned in the Indian epic Ramayana. She was married to Indrajit (Meghanada) who was the eldest son of demon king Ravana, who defeated Indra, hence received his title.

In the ballad Meghnad Bodh Kavya, Prameela is said to be Indrajit's wife. So, it can reasonably be assumed that Sulochana was also known as Prameela.

Sulochana was very brave and exhibited this virtue when the Indrajit, her husband, was going to war with Rama and his younger brother Lakshmana, she supported her husband by not crying and never stopped or requested to not to go to war.[clarification needed]

Though it is neither written in Valmiki Ramayana nor Tulasi Ramayana(written in the 15th century A.D) i.e. Sri Ramacharit Manas whereas it is mentioned Telugu version of Ramayana(written in the 14th century A.D) byGona Budda Reddy and a later Ananda Ramayana, some scholars say that after the death of Indrajit did Sati with her husband's funeral pyre, while doing so she consoled her children by saying they will be safe in the hands of Vibhishana, thus predicting the death of Ravana.

In popular culture[edit]

Her story has been the base of many films, including Sati Sulochana (1921) directed by G.V. Sane. a silent film, followed by Sati Sulochana, the 1934 Kannada film was the first Kannada language talkie film, also Sati Sulochana in Telugu starring N. T. Rama Rao.

"The Ballad of Sulochana" is a favourite ballad of Marathi women, sung in most families. Noted Tamil scholar S. K. Ramarajan wrote a noted epyllion, "Meganadham", the tragedy of Indrajit, known for its characterisation of Indrajit's wife Sulochana.

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
My favorite Meghnad-Sulochana of all mythos were from RS Ramayan. Their relationship was portrayed so well in that show. ASR's was cute too but RSR's was better. RSR showed Meghnad so loving towards Sulochana, and Sulochana supportive of him.
Shivam... thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

Wow, that's interesting! But I too heard Suloachana was the daughter of Vasuka and not Adi Sesha.

But whether she was the daughter of Vasuki or Sesha, we know for sure that there was some connection/relationship between Lakshman and Meghnad/Sulochana.

It's kind of sad that Lakshman had to kill his son-in-law just because he was on adharma's side.

Poor Sulochana , If they show in this serial that she comes to know about the divine form of Lakshman , 

Just think , She is bound to loose whoever wins ,  If her Husband emerges victorious , she looses a father figure , And if Lakshman Wins , she turns a widow
Shivam... thumbnail

My favorite Meghnad-Sulochana of all mythos were from RS Ramayan. Their relationship was portrayed so well in that show. ASR's was cute too but RSR's was better. RSR showed Meghnad so loving towards Sulochana, and Sulochana supportive of him.

The only thing I didnt like about this sulochana was her looks , she looked quite old , more than mandodari๐Ÿ˜†

Rest everything was perfect

Anokhisharma thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Shivam...

And that's hard to believe as well , I pity that teacher

It's hard to believe but it's the truth... Mein school time mein bahut acchi nd innocent type ki girl thi... Meri di school ki head girl ban gayi thi... Uss time ye teacher mujhe first time mili thi... Aur jab se ye padhane lagi hamare class ko... Mere ko inke period mein bahut darr lagta tha... Uske upar se class ten mein class leader ban gayi main... Ab ye teacher aur kaam karwaane k liye bulati thi... Nd ye teacher jaise mera naam leti thi... Mujhe aisa lagta tha ki ab toh main gayi... Itna darr lagta tha mujhe inse
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Poor Sulochana , If they show in this serial that she comes to know about the divine form of Lakshman , 

Just think , She is bound to loose whoever wins ,  If her Husband emerges victorious , she looses a father figure , And if Lakshman Wins , she turns a widow

Aww yeah ๐Ÿ˜” Let's hope that she never knew about Lakshman being Sesha.
Shivam... thumbnail
Originally posted by: Anokhisharma

It's hard to believe but it's the truth... Mein school time mein bahut acchi nd innocent type ki girl thi... Meri di school ki head girl ban gayi thi... Uss time ye teacher mujhe first time mili thi... Aur jab se ye padhane lagi hamare class ko... Mere ko inke period mein bahut darr lagta tha... Uske upar se class ten mein class leader ban gayi main... Ab ye teacher aur kaam karwaane k liye bulati thi... Nd ye teacher jaise mera naam leti thi... Mujhe aisa lagta tha ki ab toh main gayi... Itna darr lagta tha mujhe inse

@ bold  

Kya ab aap aisi nahi ho๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† ??
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

The only thing I didnt like about this sulochana was her looks , she looked quite old , more than mandodari๐Ÿ˜†

Rest everything was perfect

Yeah true, she did look quite old (though not more than Mandodari) but she had a sweet voice and acted well.
Shivam... thumbnail

Yeah true, she did look quite old (though not more than Mandodari) but she had a sweet voice and acted well.

ASR's Sulochana was damm Hot๐Ÿ˜‰