Ek Duje Ke Vaaste
Ek Duje Ke Vaaste

Hero & Heroine

twinkle10 IF-Dazzler
twinkle10
twinkle10

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 9:04pm | IP Logged
A well-written episode.

A show's ability to attract viewership is many times dependent on its ability to balance out the heroism between the female and male leads. EDKV had a rocky start but an interesting notion popped up in the episode today. Who was the hero out of the two in solving this Khurana fiasco. Whilst the court case was handled with great persistence by Shravan, it was a pleasant sight seeing Suman step up to seal those loose ends within his personal relationships which could have resulted in a bad fallout if she perhaps hadn't attended to them. 

What stood out in the end was a male lead following his heart to tread out and just order everything to become right. Often a son, who has lost a mother and has been cheated by his closest female friend in the past, would seek advice from his father figure and invest his trust in the decision that his father would have wanted him to take. But for shravan, his decision wasn't blinded by his affection for friendship, betrayal by his mum or the fear of his own family falling apart. It was his attempt to safekeep his childhood memories and the Tiwari family from falling apart. He has lost quite a bit in his life. Perhaps he was too scared to loose more.

Contrastingly where shravan won the battle of the heart, Suman realised it was just as important that he took home the trophy for winning the battle of the mind too. Her strategic plan to scoop out those 10 crores from Khurana's pocket for Varun was a move most wouldn't have  predicted. I'm glad they handed over the last battle to the female lead. For once a show was brave enough to showcase the rationality of a female mind despite the fact she's struggling to fight many battles within herself. She doesn't have it easy. The consistent taunts from her uncles and aunts, the burden of due debts, the fire to prove her mother's innocence. It would've been quite predictably cliched if the show had opted to show Suman's breakdown straight after the court verdict had been announced. But I'm glad it didn't go that way. 

Through the personal losses and grievance of both the hero and heroine in this show, there comes a larger need for either one of them to safeguard each other's families and relationships. They are both flawed characters and as cliched as this may sound, when they both come together, they prioritise the happiness of the others' families and households on top of anything else. 

For once, it gladdens me to see that the female lead has been shaped in a way that she doesn't take a back seat after the male lead takes the decision to fight her battles. She is up there, in the foreground, stitching up any loose ends he may have missed along the way. The idea that Shravan's character isn't just about someone being a Mr, Perfect and Suman's character doesn't revolve around being a damsel-in-distress-type female lead is kind of relieving. 

-----------
Healthy discussions are always welcome.

Edited by twinkle10 - 26 April 2016 at 9:24pm

The following 29 member(s) liked the above post:

gaya_subvansuSereneJoydiana1489sydyVrushalinisweetmoginidancedanceRRSS4MaNanpreciousrubyravzspotterginnymohima369niara12chocopie1munnihyderabadPrasanna_dhanu_AmyChoco_-Shilpaa-shalz_123an_chau-sumaiya-S.Stephy-Sarcy-spnfanRi21AyeChavannichicksoupShaitaanKiKhala

moonstonespirit Senior Member
moonstonespirit
moonstonespirit

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
OMG!!! Twinkle Hug
Had to check twice to make sure. How are you?? Its been so long since we spoke. 

I have missed your words!! Will be back after reading Hug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

twinkle10

twinkle10 IF-Dazzler
twinkle10
twinkle10

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by moonstonespirit

OMG!!! Twinkle Hug
Had to check twice to make sure. How are you?? Its been so long since we spoke. 

I have missed your words!! Will be back after reading Hug

OMG MOOON! Was quite hesitant to post before but  glad to see a familiar face here. 

Haha man don't know why I'm still here, but I guess old habits die a little hard Tongue

I've been great. Busy quite a bit but all good otherwise. You tell? Whatssup with your side of the world?

See you soonHug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

moonstonespiritgauriangel

gauriangel IF-Dazzler
gauriangel
gauriangel

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 9:36pm | IP Logged
Twinkle..so happy to see u here...welcome to edkv forum..
I dont know whether u remember or not..
But i used to love your positive takes on kyy...ur wordsDay Dreaming they used to make me fall in love with manan more n more..

Looking forward to see daily posts from u...

twinkle10spnfan

SS4MaNan Senior Member
SS4MaNan
SS4MaNan

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
O.M.G...O.M.G Bells EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed awwiee my Bells is here. She approves. Hug
Hundred more years to you bro, just last night Jan Jan and I were planning to bug you on FB cause you pulled a very bad MIA stunt on us. OuchOuch We miss you.  

twinkle10

twinkle10 IF-Dazzler
twinkle10
twinkle10

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gauriangel

Twinkle..so happy to see u here...welcome to edkv forum..
I dont know whether u remember or not..
But i used to love your positive takes on kyy...ur wordsDay Dreaming they used to make me fall in love with manan more n more..

Looking forward to see daily posts from u...

Of course I remember you! KYY Family is unforgettable.and MaNan were a landmark in themselves. The memories will always live on.

Hope you've been well! Can't promise if I'll be posting daily but definitely hope to stick around for some time. 

Hug

gauriangel

twinkle10 IF-Dazzler
twinkle10
twinkle10

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 10:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SS4MaNan

O.M.G...O.M.G Bells EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed awwiee my Bells is here. She approves. Hug
Hundred more years to you bro, just last night Jan Jan and I were planning to bug you on FB cause you pulled a very bad MIA stunt on us. OuchOuch We miss you.  

SWETHUUU OMFG!! You guys miss me? Awww Embarrassed

I've farewelled Twitter haha. I think only Pankti really knows but I miss you all like crazy. Stay in touch here. Will try to stick around for a while. Hopefully the show doesn't take a downhill anytime soon. 

Love and hugs to you all! Tell Jaani and Mads I miss them too! 

SS4MaNan

maankigeet4ever IF-Rockerz
maankigeet4ever
maankigeet4ever

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 10:12pm | IP Logged
OMGGG..AMI I DREAMING ? Hug
FREAK ! THIS IS SO COOL WEIRD..I WAS GONNA MESSAGE YOU AND SWP TO ASK YOU GIRLS TO WATCH THIS SHOW !!! 

shivani_agltwinkle10

Go to top