TEI EP 207: The Little Black Dress; Analysis

Posted: 7 years ago

I am going to be quiet brief in today's post after putting a lengthy essay out yesterday. The episode was a filler and like the previous fillers we have been getting so far, did little to shed light on the upcoming episodes. 

The episode opened with Yuvraj calling Twinkle from behind and revealing that the fireworks earlier upon welcome of an individual in neighborhood was preplanned by him. Fireworks are symbolic of independence and spiritual freedom however Yuvraj had to be able to use a decoy in order to declare his independence. Why so? Because Yuvraj hasn't been able to gain independence in truest sense. He has instead gained independence from his consciousness and his morals. Yuvraj as mentioned in EP 200, has crossed the limits of mortality and permanently closed the doors of redemption from himself, he no longer holds any leverage in the current track despite bending the situation in his own for for the time being. - Yuvraj being present in the Sarna mansion however only showing up in dark and her false pretenses signifies how his time to leave the battlefield that allows the winner Twinkle's heart has come to an end.

To give background, I'm just going to reinstate, not quote previous posts; what the purpose of the track is: The track is the last phase of the three-part attack Yuvraj is here to wage upon Kunj. (The montage displays as it is from the promo where Kunj is burning and Twinkle is trying to save him. The second part of the promo showed Twinkle having the King and Queen pieces of the chess in her hand.) The purpose of this attack is for Kunj to realize the extent of "no-limits" Twinkle has for him. It also tests his blind trust in Twinkle's decisions and his understanding of her decisions instead of being dismissive. Kunj always manages to understand Twinkle's position however only afterwards, not during the time of conflict. This time, Kunj has to understand the depth of Twinkle's love and the reason of her decisions. > For Twinkle, this track dictates the last round between the two men and which one gets to choose her and through the development so far, it has to be Kunj or she'll chose to stand alone but not chose Yuvraj at any cost. Since TWINJ is the end game, Kunj will come out as a winner. The track also allowed Yuvi a last chance at redemption but Yuvi's overpowering obsession and Anita's everlasting fire of revenge took the chance of redemption away from him triggered by Twinkle's rejection. 

In the confrontation, Yuvraj constantly tries to persuade Twinkle to ask him for a glass of water and tries to take the water bottle in her hand however Twinkle doesn't let him close to the bottle by pushing his hand away. The water pored in the bottle particularly for Kunj was poured from a pink water bottle. Water symbolizes cleansing, life, freedom, purity and in many instances used a symbol of love for being the source of life. The pink water bottle signified the unconditional love of Twinkle that she pours for Kunj now as she would have at one point done so for Yuvraj. Yuvraj eyeing the bottle signified his desperation to get his hands on Twinkle and him realizing that the freedom he has been granted has to put to use to acquire Twinkle's love that has been now been put aside for Kunj. Twinkle has recognized the intentions of Yuvraj and later in the room with the courier, confesses that she knows the extent Yuvraj can go towards however her decision to protect and stand by her "love" is going to lead towards her victory. 

Kunj calls Twinkle twice while she is talking to Yuvi however after the second call, Yuvi leaves and she goes up on his third call. Kunj's second call angers Yuvi further and he moves back with a warning. The instance signified that the truth will be revealed to Kunj after the next condition of Yuvrahj's then place, totalling up to two bottles of blood being donated instead of three and the amount adding up to three instead of four which instead of stability, will grant the divine permission to Kunj to rightfully claim the position of husband that Twinkle has been offering up till now. > We had seen Twinkle and Leela pushing Kunj away int he war that concerns them and keeping the Sarnas away however since the positions have changed and Kunj is the one who now can be the only one to protect and shield Twinkle and he would invited back in to help Twinkle by Twinkle herself. Her behavior has already been a give away to him that something is not right however Kunj being a person who goes with the flow, needs to shaken out of his goal which is the "project."

The next scene that was prominent was the dining scene where Kunj explained that he's been waiting a book regarding his project to his mother. The positioning during the scene is Twinkle stunned in the kitchen and her exterior being covered by bebe who was sitting in the head-of-table chair while Kunj and Usha were seated on her right side signifying there trust and acceptance in the decisions taken in by bebe. Twinkle standing in the kitchen signified her being the source of nurturing and being the next person after bebe who has the ability to keep the family united. -> Twinkle using Mahi's name to cover up so far is symbolic of the fact and the reflection of how Mahi has been a pawn hat had allowed Yuvi to make a come back. It also shows the ties Yuvi has with Mahi and how every move he will make is answerable to Mahi in the end as he has been answerable to Twinkle for using her for all the years.

The follow up scene is Twinkle getting her hands on the wrong package. [ One of the funniest thing is that the book Kunj has received is a 3rd Grade social studies book. The book is reference source for a friend of mine who is majoring in Education. LOL ]
Anyway, the book is titled, Share our World with an american flag in the background. Twinkle later on uses the fake american client to protect herself from Usha's questions. Sandy, the name has greek warrior origins and means defender. I have explained the significance of the project in EP 198-200 and would not divulge further into it. Twinkle will be aware of the strings Kunj has been pulling to not just provide for a stable future for her in the future but also to make sure that she will be secure in every aspect in future from her past. 

The exchange of the couriers signified the revelation of both Twinkle and Kunj's goals for each other. This aspect is also highlighted in the promo for this weekend that has the tag line o three different goals. Twinkle and Kunj being together against Yuvi in the promo and both wearing the colors that have healing powers is symbolic of the fact that both will stand by each other in their respective goals and would be present to save each other in the moment of turmoil. = Kunj's goal is Twinkle's safety and Twinkle's is Kunj.

I found interesting that Kunj upon using his serious tone with Twinkle found it extremely amusing that Twinkle was taken aback and was trying to crawl away from his questions. He mentioned that what happened to the "sherni" Twinkle. Apparently the attraction in Twinkle for both the men is same. Her attitude, her ferociousness and her determination but the way to handle that attitude is different. Twinkle and Kunj's love is rooted in their fights and their raw-energy emitted during those fights that let both of them their guards down and to see that ferociousness crawl away from Kunj was surprising for him. 

Twinkle stands in front of the mirror after receiving the little black dress from Yuvraj. The "little black dress" is considered a staple fashion accessory and is symbolic of masking the truest form away and creating an air of mystery. If I remember correctly, Yuvraj and Twinkle's relationship grew important for both of them for the air of mystery both exposed to each other and the thrill that came with sneaking behind their adults' back. It was not a mature and substantial relations as Alisha and Kunj had ironically. The black dress sent to Twinkle was a totem for Twinkle to realize that Yuvraj truly and genuinely misses the "Sherni" he used to date. Even after stepping into the hotel room, Yuvraj's face lights up, staring at Twinkle in a lustful manner. -Twinkle standing in front of mirror signified her realization and consciousness that is present as she takes on the next steps but also how Yuvi himself has pushed her further and further away at this point that there is no return for him and in turn, ironically protecting Twinkle. 

Kunj reaching the same place was symbolic of the typical hero theme that he will be there to protect Twinkle if anything happens to her that harms her. His not reaching and not finding Twinkle would be because of Twinkle herself escaping and isolating herself until she requires for him to come back after being assured of his retuning strength that has drained because of her. Kunj also calls up his friend Sandy inquiring who tells him that the point he is at is not the place he is supposed to be, pushing Kunj back towards his original goal which is the "project" aka acquiring justice for Twinkle's hurt and pain.

Room 102 is attained after multiplication of 6 = a sinful number indicating flaws of man x 17 = overcoming the sins and gaining victory. The number collectively reminds the person to be careful and be aligned in their goals and be focused throughly on the goal to attain achievement and success. Twinkle walking inside the room and Yuvraj being present in the room indicated how the presence of sin which is Yuvraj would be wiped away by Twinkle and because of Twinkle. Once Twinkle entered, the room, she presents Yuvraj with a contract. He asks her if it is a "declaration" and is corrected by Twinkle that it is a "confirmation" of "Love." > Love being her and Yuvraj willingly handing over the power he has on twinkle's heart and life over to Kunj by being oblivious and drunk on overconfidence and the power he momentarily has. The fact that the Twinkle makes sure the papers are called "confirmation" also signifies how with the second bottle of blood being Kunj's in her consciousness, she has removed herself from her relationship with Yuvi and moved on entirely, not allowing Yuvi's obsession to shadow her after this battle is won and she is the winner of the chess game. 

Twinkle mentions that she will stay no less and no longer then 60 minutes/ 1 hour. Yuvraj uses the time in minutes while Twinkle uses the term of an hour. An hour is more powerful as word because it combines the unity of 6 = the number of man, the number that asks for justice to be taken and the number 0 = the universal energies combined and is presented in form of 1 = leadership, indolence and striving forward on in their mission. Twinkle will put herself through the sacrifice of her wishes and her heart but only to come out a victor with a security blanket that will preserve her relationship with Kunj for eternity. 

Yuvraj asks Twinkle to go fetch ice. Ice is a solidified version of water however despite being in such a form, it doesn't provide the cleaning and purity of water which Yuvraj has been envious of from Kunj. Ice detonates harm, coldness and timeless oppression. Yuvraj asking Twinkle to be the truce of such so he can mix t in with alcohol signifies how once again he is going to lead to his own fall by subconsciously pushing Twinkle's path to merge with Kunj's and to leave him in withering pain of the fire his mother burned him in and the obsession that ignites it. 

The episode overall was okayish. My problem is always the execution and presentation of the episodes that makes even good scenes appear rough. Twinkle's appearance is more of a fighter then of a victim. Her only regret is her breaking the promise she made to Kunj. Yuvraj and Kunj no longer hold the equal place of one being her love and the other a source of hate. The equation with Love is triumphing in Twinkle's life and allowing her to defeat Yuvraj in his own game. Proper execution/presentation ad tighter script could result wonders however this is a daily soap and they have to churn content for sic days straight. 

Please leave your thoughts over the episode after reading such. I wish I hadn't been this much abrupt but if you follow through all the posts, then it would make a bit of sense.

edited to add;

The track would be finishing up by next weekend at most judging it's pace. Mahi's return would also be probably marked in till the next weekend or the week after the next weekend. I'll be getting the awaited consummation episode that I've been waiting for since February and have only stuck for thus far for. (yes, i had ulterior motives for sticking around this long. ðŸ˜ˆ ) We'll probably see a pregnant Twinkle following through along with Anita trying to get back at Twinkle-Kung for making her baby Yuvi go through hell, resulting in twinkle being hurt in some way and probably a miscarriage. There has been indication of such in few episodes in Feb and March however I think the creative team is still developing the track. 
Basically, chill maro and enjoy the episodes. Also, thanks for reading you guys. I literally thrive off creative responses and it really feels great when you guys have insights to share as well. 

Edited by areeba_blossom - 7 years ago
Areeba . I can never say enough of ur analysis. The things you notice and the correlations.. They are superb.

I feel a tad better after reading this analysis...
Areeba this is just awesome
You always bring the best out of the episode
TFS
i love your posts (you already know that ðŸ˜†) and i love how you managed to beautifully describe a pretty boring and filler epi!
i def agree with the miscarriage thing, i am pretty sure that once twinj are pregnant anita will stop at no lengths to destroy their baby. she may be a mother but she has no respect for motherhood
as for this track, i have no views/thoughts it's a pretty bad track but cvs end it up pretty quick so i'm looking fwd to something good coming our way :)
Originally posted by prem_diwani

Areeba . I can never say enough of ur analysis. The things you notice and the correlations.. They are superb.

I feel a tad better after reading this analysis...

If you follow through my posts you'll feel much better, guaranteed! I'm glad i was able to help revive your excitement for the episode!
Originally posted by harshi2000

Areeba this is just awesome
You always bring the best out of the episode
TFS

Thank you Harshi!
Originally posted by ...Shakti...

i love your posts (you already know that ðŸ˜†) and i love how you managed to beautifully describe a pretty boring and filler epi!
i def agree with the miscarriage thing, i am pretty sure that once twinj are pregnant anita will stop at no lengths to destroy their baby. she may be a mother but she has no respect for motherhood
as for this track, i have no views/thoughts it's a pretty bad track but cvs end it up pretty quick so i'm looking fwd to something good coming our way :)

Thank you Shakti for saying that! You all are way too kind to me. 

Yeah, i'm kind of awaiting the next tracks more. It's my deal with every track. I await the climax and the next track and then when it starts i get excited about the upcoming one. I'm so damn excited about the climax and Kunj being all mad but still being with Twinkle. 

I think this track started out good especially with the rushed Deevika crap but then it's pacing is so slow that people are getting all tired.
gosh Areeba, how i missed reading your daily analyses. I'm going to go read all that i am missed.
and as usual superb analysis dear. You have written everything is penned so beautifully. Your in depth  thoughts always leave me wanting more... 

I'm excited for the future tracks. and yes the long awaited consummation.

Hey Areeba, I don't want to say much I'm waiting on tomorrow's episode. However one thing I do know is that Twinkle is someone who have never compromised on her morals and I don't think she will. When I saw today's episode I realized it was setting the scene to what you have predicted in the past through your analysis.
Oh one thing though in your previous analysis you didn't mention anything about Twinkle tripping after Kunj blindly signed the release and when Kunj was helping her gather the papers the way she grabbed it out of his hands, does that indicate Twinkle not allowing Kunj to get involved in the fight.

Wonderful analysis as usual.
Originally posted by kardooks

Hey Areeba, I don't want to say much I'm waiting on tomorrow's episode. However one thing I do know is that Twinkle is someone who have never compromised on her morals and I don't think she will. When I saw today's episode I realized it was setting the scene to what you have predicted in the past through your analysis.
Oh one thing though in your previous analysis you didn't mention anything about Twinkle tripping after Kunj blindly signed the release and when Kunj was helping her gather the papers the way she grabbed it out of his hands, does that indicate Twinkle not allowing Kunj to get involved in the fight.

Wonderful analysis as usual.

Hey Karen, always look forward to your response TBH because yo make me think critically ad that's always a good exercise. 

I definitely agree with you on Twinkle's morals and consciousness. She realizes the limits Yuvi has and she knows her limits. Despite being impulsive, she is a rational and mature person who just happens to choose the directions of heart rather then the brain. Yeah, Believe i mentioned that Yuvraj would try to use physical intimacy to throw Kunj off and that will be the ultimate climax of the track when Kunj will have to decide if he will stand by his belief in Twinkle or what he sees. 

Yah I think i skimmed over all the major things in previous post. I believe that it was an indication to Kunj that Twinkle is lying and busy with something she is not ready to disclose, thus he puts a hand over her face before walking away that further makes her feel guilty of what she is about to do in the car. It was also a call for Kunj to stay away from her fight and that when needed, he'll be called upon. The scene that is reflective of that, that comes to my mind is when Kunj was caught in the police station and Twinkle said that he won't come meet her and he just stood struck after seeing her expressions. 
The track's revelation would be in middle of the fight of Twinkle and Yuvi so Kunj would have to make his decision fast because Twinkle's priority is getting the blood bank first. 

hope that clears up! :)