Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aamnakideewani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: qazplm

Imtiaz and Anand's films make me so happy πŸ˜³ After that, you can make another RaOne if your heart really desires it πŸ˜†

haha well i wish all his wishes come true abhi 2 saaal tou no time foe Ra one 2πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
flipfl0p thumbnail
Anand's VFX film will be flop, Imtiaz's will be hit. 
It is not rocket science to understand Bollywood audience's mind. We need a nice story, effective dialogues. In addition, some melodious songs to hum. People who are fond of technology will watch Hollywood, as Bollywood anyway cannot beat it.
Larae thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: blue-ice

He keeps on giving us a heart attack again and again by saying he will make a sequel to RA-one🀣

I wish he would stop doing that. I'm still not over the masterpiece that is ra.one πŸ˜†

OT: I'm really looking forward to Raees and Anand's next.
zaroonkashaf thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
People have an issue with VFX too now...wow! πŸ˜† He has had a VFX studio for more than a decade now if I'm not wrong, at the time it wasn't even a profitable venture as there wasn't much talk of VFX in India.   It's an attempt at making our movies technologically better. You don't care for it, cool but he ain't doing it for the heck of it. He's doing it because certain movies require it and to compete globally you don't just need good scripts , you also need to be better in aspects like technology. And folks cribbing about Ra.One , since so much importance is given here to the National Awards , if I remember correctly , the movie actually won the National Award for best visual effects :)  Edited by srkjuhi - 8 years ago
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Lol people complaining fo VFX now πŸ€” Isn't that a new technology which many actors/directors/films are using hiding behind shahrukh's  VFX king title because he owns a company that promotes it 
snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
overwhelming, the whole  interview..i love it when he start speaking about his movies..
raees has four to five action woohooo excited !!
adi chopra is making a big movie, ok not bad...the lineup is interesting , mix of  films and im hay shah bhai is not playing a sardar in a comedy film.
flipfl0p thumbnail
It is not that VFX is bad. But it should be used along with a good script, NOT instead of a good script. 
In Sharukh's movies (Ra1, Fan), lot of energy was invested in technology. I wonder, half the interest they had put in for screenplay. Just waiting for Raees, which looks promising. 
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: flipfl0p

It is not that VFX is bad. But it should be used along with a good script, NOT instead of a good script. 

In Sharukh's movies (Ra1, Fan), lot of energy was invested in technology. I wonder, half the interest they had put in for screenplay. Just waiting for Raees, which looks promising. 

@bold that i completely agree 
Ra.one was  but FAN is nowhere near that .
Edited by angrybread - 8 years ago
zaroonkashaf thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
The same folks who are cribbing about VFX would be hailing it had their favorites backed it or had a studio for it. On one hand you have folks going gaga over Hollywood movies that excel in visual effects, here's someone who is doing his best to create some of that in India and people still find a reason to complain...lol! Kudos to him for not giving a damn about the naysayers.

ETA- The script has nothing to do with the VFX though. If you don't care for a script then the folks responsible for it need to be blamed, not the VFX department. This notion that the script was lacking because more focus was on the VFX doesn't make any sense as the people responsible for both belong to two different creative aspects of making a movie.
Edited by srkjuhi - 8 years ago
qazplm thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: flipfl0p

I agree about RaOne, but definitely not about Fan. VFX was not anywhere near as important as the story. It's a different case if people didn't like the story.

Even with RaOne, I wish people knew what the original script was. SRK explains it in one interview. They dumbed it down a lot to make it more accessible and entertaining. (which is obviously on them)