India-Forums

A request to editor/ cameraman

Kowsi IF-Rockerz
Kowsi
Kowsi

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
There is one thing that is troubling me in some Thahaan scenes...It's the frame work
In some scenes like the newspaper one from few days ago, when there is an eye-lock the often just show Thapki's face and Bihaan's face is cut or Bihaan's face is shown and Thapki's is cut and it's not good to feel the emotion and the intensity of the scenes

The eyes should speak so for that we need to have both faces on the same frame to get the intensity of the glances and the feelings between the two

Like..

This is a good frame but they should also show Bihaan's hair 

The more you zoom on the characters the more space it will add between the two

And if they are shown in a big frame  from hair to chest ... It would show their closeness and it would show that there is not much gap between the two

See this one is better and we can really feel the intensity and we can see the emotions

Also don't forget Newton's Third Law: "each action has an equal and opposite reaction"

And if we have both in a single frame it can be easy to read the emotion from one and to see the reaction to it from the other and see later how the first one react to that

It's a bit confusing but let me explain:  during the dance Bihaan was harsh with Thapki and because of that Thapki's eyes and comportment showed hurt and confusion and sadness but it just helped Bihaan in being sure that she was hurt and so to continue his rude behaviour to not let her think that he may forgive her soon

This was an excellent one she looked at him when he wasn't and when he looked back she wasn't looking at him and then both turned to look at each others 
And they showed perfect hurt and longing

But what we don't want is this...

Or this...

I hope it reached someone 

I am not an expert but as an audience and also amateur writer I just think that there are some things missing to make it perfect and the camera angle is an important thing to convey the feelings

The credit for the pics goes to Rida

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

FamishahkapiriiQraaashweta2728Neha99SanyaEternaMimiii22beebutterflyARS24

romberg Goldie
romberg
romberg

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Nice post KowsiSmile  I always felt there is something wrong in the way they are capturing those close ups, eyelocks. something is lacking. Even if the actors potray emotions well if it's not captured properly the real intensity is lost. They need to show both of them in one frame & their expressions rather than focusing on one person.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Kowsi

Kowsi IF-Rockerz
Kowsi
Kowsi

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by romberg

Nice post KowsiSmile  I always felt there is something wrong in the way they are capturing those close ups, eyelocks. something is lacking. Even if the actors potray emotions well if it's not captured properly the real intensity is lost. They need to show both of them in one frame & their expressions rather than focusing on one person.

Thank you!! Exactly!

An eye-lock is not effective alone if they don't show with them both

iQraaa IF-Dazzler
iQraaa
iQraaa

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 12:50pm | IP Logged
perfect analysis of the shots Kowsi !! Clap
being a Media student i myself know how irritating some of these shots are!
there are some good camera angles that could've been used here to show their pain in a new view but lets hope our TPK editors and cinematographers  next time keep it in mind to play with the frames. 

Kowsi

manaan IF-Dazzler
manaan
manaan

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
Yes so true, I try my best to take full face ss but ,it never comes.

Kowsi

Karaali IF-Rockerz
Karaali
Karaali

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
They are often using body doubles when the face is not visible. They shoot the whole sequence with both and then do a lot of individual close-ups. This gives them enough material to sift through and put the scene together.

Kowsi

fun4ever89 IF-Dazzler
fun4ever89
fun4ever89

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
You are so right Kowsi it gives a greater depth to the emotions portrayed sometimes the editors do not do full justice to Thahaan scenes.

Edited by fun4ever89 - 26 April 2016 at 1:14pm

Kowsi

Kowsi IF-Rockerz
Kowsi
Kowsi

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chandaaaxo

perfect analysis of the shots Kowsi !! Clap
being a Media student i myself know how irritating some of these shots are!
there are some good camera angles that could've been used here to show their pain in a new view but lets hope our TPK editors and cinematographers  next time keep it in mind to play with the frames. 

Thank you Chanda!! I forgot that we have an expert here WinkWink

Go to top