India-Forums

Sahir Aka Shantanu Deserve A Lot Better Treatment (Page 2)

pri98.arora Groupbie
pri98.arora
pri98.arora

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
And yeah.. I agree that the Pre confession is the best stage in any couple's story! It brings out the freshness and fun in the story. 
The post confession scenes require good handling and mature writing, which currently lacks in ishir story, making it dull. 
Also, the randomness of the scenes disappoints me. A proper build up as to why things are happening and what is the reason behind a situation is required. Now this is a place where monolgues are required, which unfortunately, every character doesnot have!

Edited by pri98.arora - 26 April 2016 at 1:17pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TonyStark91

TonyStark91 Goldie
TonyStark91
TonyStark91

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Muskan_SwaRon

Instead of Isha, Sahir should be made the backbone of IshIr's story coz there is hardly any chance of Saloni improving anyway. I would like to listen to Sahir's monologue. His transition from a spoilt to the one who loves a girl badly---from what type of a person he was or what he is now --- A monologue conveyed by Shantanu definitely and not by some tom, dick or harry coz I can say it proudly that no bloody one can match up to him when it comes to voice modulations. It has been a long time since I have drooled over his voice so a monologue is MUST n MOSTLY needed.

2. IshIr's past to be handled well. How dey fall in love and all that. Post-confession couples hardly grab any eyeballs so its necessary that dey depict their pre-confession mode properly.

3. His screen space is good these days. I am not dissappointed with this. Hope it doesn't disappoint me in future as well.

4. Don't u dare call him a senior actor. My baby is just 25 Tongue
4th point :p well edited senior part :p LOLLOLLOL i know ur baby is just sweet 25 :pLOL i only said he is a wellknown actor of the industry :p

Islam_lab

TonyStark91 Goldie
TonyStark91
TonyStark91

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 1:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pri98.arora

First of all, stop calling him a senior actor anindo ... it has only been 5 yrs! 
I completely agree with each and every point!
Firstly, Co-Star. Considering that the entire show runs on Isha's monolgues, she needs to work alot se bhi zaada on her voice modulations. Also, she needs to play with her face. Expressionless face turns me off completely and ruins the otherwise potential scene. 

Second, playing with D3 tracks and infusing it in Girls On Top. It is a bad idea! I don't really know why they r doing that. Its just not needed!

They need to experiment more. Show is about Girls and the problems the face in our society, and a girl's life just does not revolve around love. The scriptwriters need to bring a balance b/w their personal and professional life.

Also, Sahir's characterisation needs to be more clear! His character lacks an efficient writing and powerful dialogues. And he needs monolgues too!

As far as screenspace is concerned,  I have given up! When the man himself has said not to look at the screenspace, indicating that his screenspace will be such... then I think we are just too much into screenspace thingi. Also, show is about girls... so can't be that he will be shown all throughout the episodes. Frankly speaking, he is shown more than Azhar and Guru ... so I don't think we will get more of him.

I so so so want Girls On Top ppl read this and do SOMETHING!!!
well edited the senior part LOLand yeah totally agree with ur points
Islam_lab Senior Member
Islam_lab
Islam_lab

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 1:18pm | IP Logged
1. Better costar : yes even I also think he needs a better co-star... if you had seen today's episode then you already understood ke ladki ko thikse rona tak nehi ata. but we should give her sometime At least 6 months before saying anything... I mean it's her first show and it just start before 2 months... you can't ignore Shantanu ne bhi apni career k shuru me bohot galti ki hai...
2. Screen space : yes Shantanu deserves more screen space I don't understand why makers are giving so much space to yuvraj ( azhar ) but not him... it's actually unfair...
3. Using d3 set : genuinely I really don't have any problem because i miss d3 if I am getting a chance become nostalgic then it's good... about actors of d3 I sometimes so use vrushika become the new isha... I know it's funny but I think every fan of vrushan want the same... And d3 bhi palki mam ki thi ye bhi palki mam ki hai affect to ho ga hi...
4. Ishir storyline : it's all most like a rollercoaster... sometimes boring sometimes interesting... I feel if isha play her role more affectively then storyline will not bother much...
5... Even I want to see all shades of shantanu

TonyStark91

TonyStark91 Goldie
TonyStark91
TonyStark91

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Islam_lab

1. Better costar : yes even I also think he needs a better co-star... if you had seen today's episode then you already understood ke ladki ko thikse rona tak nehi ata. but we should give her sometime At least 6 months before saying anything... I mean it's her first show and it just start before 2 months... you can't ignore Shantanu ne bhi apni career k shuru me bohot galti ki hai...
2. Screen space : yes Shantanu deserves more screen space I don't understand why makers are giving so much space to yuvraj ( azhar ) but not him... it's actually unfair...
3. Using d3 set : genuinely I really don't have any problem because i miss d3 if I am getting a chance become nostalgic then it's good... about actors of d3 I sometimes so use vrushika become the new isha... I know it's funny but I think every fan of vrushan want the same... And d3 bhi palki mam ki thi ye bhi palki mam ki hai affect to ho ga hi...
4. Ishir storyline : it's all most like a rollercoaster... sometimes boring sometimes interesting... I feel if isha play her role more affectively then storyline will not bother much...
5... Even I want to see all shades of shantanu
well saloni isnt a freshers in the industry..she had done many short films ,ads etc but still no improvement..and to be frank. in my pov there is only .5% chance of her improvement
and pls dont bring vrushika here..she is better to be away from this show. i dnt want her to be a part of GOT...she deserve much better treatment atleast not as replacement again after working in a gec show..and other points of urs i do agree
ExpectoPatronus IF-Dazzler
ExpectoPatronus
ExpectoPatronus

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
i want sahir's monologue...  fed up wid isha's pov evry time.   shantanu is awsm actor. but i feel he is not used properly in d show. script is weak in my pov. Ouch

TonyStark91

Spark.Shreya Senior Member
Spark.Shreya
Spark.Shreya

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
I agree and disagree with you on this.

Firstly I think it would be a little exaggerating to say that Isha needs to be replaced. I mean Saloni isn't that bad , I agree she has a lot of things to work on and the pressure is definitely more as its Shantanu she's been paired up with but I do feel she has a potential to do better. Its been 1.5 months and its perfectly fine to express our disappointment for her average performance but asking for a replacement would be a little to much. She's done short films and ya considering that she was expected to do better but probably we can judge her after a little time passes,maybe about 6 months. Cuz she's been a let down many times but there have been instances where she was good,like this week . She's got a lot to improve on and I hope she would cuz otherwise the very potential IshiR scenes fail to make an impact.

Secondly since its a show based on a girls' ,less screenspace was something bound to happen with the male actors. So ,well I'm not against it but I agree that at least whatever part they are given to play should be more substantial. For instance ,in yesterday's episode where they showed flashbacks of IshIr ,Sahir's monologue could have been given.

Also in case of Azhar and Guru,they are just shown spending time with their girls. Nothing wrong in that,but it seems like they don't have a life other than that. Azhar's supposed to be an actor but he's never shown on sets working on some film . It seems like he's only with Gia all the time. Similar case with Guru, he maybe working with Revati as a partner but his work as a videographer never comes to light. I would like the CVS concentrate on giving quality scenes to the male actors ,cuz then less screenspace won't matter much.

3rd and 5th point ,totally agreed! 

I don't think that just because we didn't get to see the preconfession stage IshIr lovestory fails to attract the audience. They have a unique storyline and  if handled well by the writers they can be the next big thing.  I agree it seems a bit ubrupt at times cuz many things have to be revealed but this also makes it interesting. Azhar and Gia that way have a normal lovestory,besides the fact that a love story between an actor and a journalist is an interesting thought. Its just that they both  really perform well and so their chemistry can be seen very well which makes them more likeable.

Someone said about Vrushika being Isha. No doubt Shantanu and Vrushika will give us the best we wished for ,but I don't wish to see her as a replacement again..cuz firstly I am not for the idea of replacement as of now and  Vrushika can do a lot better than this. She's proved herself as an actor and deserves better than a replacement. However, its my long time wish to see VruShan together in some different show .

Shantanu is one of the finest actors and maybe that's why you want to compare him with a senior actor ,but thats it...JUST in acting! ..He's too good for his age but that doesn't change the fact that he's just 25!!!!!

Edited by Spark.Shreya - 26 April 2016 at 9:50pm

TonyStark91

Aisha_skywalker Newbie
Aisha_skywalker
Aisha_skywalker

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
Well,first of all yes Shantanu deserves a better co-star in terms of complimenting him in acting and Saloni being an average performer is the major drawback why people can't connect with ishir story. And I am not ready to wait for 6 months and see Saloni improving,which I highly doubt by the way. Moreover I don't want this show getting stretched without any reason as it will spoil the essence. Girls on top should justify what they have promised- fresh,realistic,crisp. About Shantanu's screenspace,I can only say when Shantanu himself made an effort to clarify that he should be seen less then there is no point asking for more prominance of him. He deserves better anyday but let him explore for the time being. I just want his efforts will be fruitful and not getting waste as his co-star can't even give an expression properly. That's intolerable for me. And lastly I would definitely want to see Sahir as a musician not a reality show contestant please. Creatives should highlight that passion part in sahir as Shantanu can do full justice with that.

Edited by Aisha_skywalker - 26 April 2016 at 11:38pm

TonyStark91

Go to top