MTV Girls On Top

Sahir Aka Shantanu Deserve A Lot Better Treatment

TonyStark91 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Hello ppl,well i think someppl will misunderstand this post thinking that im defending sahir .in the show .πŸ˜† acctually no its nothing related to his character in the show..well this post is less related to sahir..its more about shantanu..as a fan of shantanu we ppl gave a chance to girls on top the show...from the beginning of the show sahir's character was handled very badly..we were confuse at times that what's wrong with the show is it only saloni the weakest link or the whole show is in a mess..well moreover the whole show sahir's character is in a mess more along with that ishir lovestory..no not in the story its in a mess cause of poor writting..well some points i think which sahir aka shantanu deserves...
1. A Better costar-An actor failed to deliver as per his/her capability if his/her costar doesnt matchup with his/her skill atleast by 10%..shantanu deserves a better costar ..its hightime we did give saloni time ..but to be frank..she cant improve if we give her 1000 years also..lack of expression,pathetic voice ,dull narration i think that's this show really dont deserve..the show GOT and shantanu both deserve a better Isha. a better narrator,a better expressive lover of sahir.(with better voice _/\_)..after working 5 years in the industry an actor like shantanu deserve much better costar .truly feeling sad to see him suffering cause of others πŸ₯±his acting skills also affecting ..and really i dont want to see that..we gave saloni too much time..but really dont want to give anymore cause in my pov its not possible for her to improve sorry...

2.Better Writting Of IsHir Lovestory:Ishir lovestory is more or less boring from its start compare to gia-azhar lovestory...preconfession stage is a best stage for a lovestory to watch on tv..ppl like me and many others love this stage so already confessed couple lovestory dont get the buildup to knock the door of hearts of fans...ishir,sahir,isha all deserve a lot better writting,more intensity,less boringness,uniqueness

3.Stop Using D3 scenes,plots on GOT:well most the people from here knows the cv team of GOT is also the makers of the superhit show of channelv D3...the makers are using many plots,scenes,props from D3 even few actors from d3 also in the show GOT.. just for tvt..D3 show was a unique show we many fans of d3 really dont want any reusement of scenes of D3 on GOT specially swaron scenes,swaron scenes props etc..GOT is a different show makers should maintain its uniqueness ...so they should stop relating GOT with D3 just like they used D3 set of kanjoormarg in GOT ..it was nt needed really..

4.Screenspace:As a star like shantanu the screenspace is really less..he deserve much better screenspace...

5.Need  to Show all the shades of sahir's character properly:all the shades of sahir's character need to show properly,grey shade,romantic,intense,negetive..and with better continuation...

ps:well these are points i think sahir aka shantanu deserves ..u maybe agree or maynot be too.. its completely my point of view..do share your views also about sahir and the show..

Edited by -anindo- - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zaara.fkm thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I agree with the points on that Sahir's character, ishir storyline, and originality in GOT (not recycling of D3) should be done. And GOT itself has a great concept and potential, it doesnt need to rely on d3 things. At the same time, I want a strong show overall, with good characterization, performances, and space to all stories, and actually bring out "Girls on Top" concept. If the show is weak, but one character is strengthened, it won't work. The whole thing as a package needs strengthening. 

And right now i don't see much career/leadership type things in the girls characters, nor similar strengths in the male characters, including Sahir, who's a passionate musician, but I want to see his career path, how it interacts with his relationships, how 2 people, one in tv production, one in music, clash in personal and professional life, etc. Because that is the reality of many modern couples. And in terms of space, it is a girls show, I understand, so as long as the space Shan gets has quality and depth that showcases his great talent, thats what matters more. And i think its very possible for them to achieve that, if big famous shows like how i met, big bang, etc can have multi-star cast with strong stories/characters, then GOT can do it too.
..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I agree and disagree with you and I will tell about it all but you dont call him a senior actorI am offended!!!!!

About Saloni, I do get very upset when a scene with all the potential of being an epic one in the story fails to leave an impact coz of her resulting in wastage of Shantanu's efforts. What is missing in her is a lot of depth in eyes and feelings and that comes up everytime a heavy intense scene is given to her to perform. I dont have any problem with her voice but I have a problem with her modulation of it. . .She doesn't try enough.

Plus about narrator if you have seen Desperate Housewives ever you'll know how the narratives are given by a third person focusing on everyone's life in a neutral manner by a third person. I think that will be a much better option for the narratives.

I disagree that Isha and Sahir's story is boring and an already in relationship couple fails to hit chords. . .Infact I find them intriguing coz of their past, on the contrary I dont find anything new in Gia and Azhar. ..But Sahir and Isha's past and the effect of it on their present is what sets them apart...Plus with their past opening up slowly I am liking it even more as things have started to make sense now with an explaination. But I agree that since they have a past and are wrecked in present they need much more better and careful handling in terms of writing. They need shades and good powerful dialouges which is lacking big time in the show.

Chitra.
LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
What I wanna see in GOT as a Shantanu fan since I am watching it only for him :
1 ) Sahir's MONOLOGUE pleaseee.. Shantanu's voice modulation is to die for . It should be utilised.
2) Though they have started off this week already. I want to see more of Sahir's past. Why is he not trusted? More of Isha Sahir scenes from the past.
3) Sahir's thought process from his POV and NOT Isha's.
4) Want Sahir's scenes with Gia, Rev and Guru.
5 ) More screen space for him not just few seconds.
I hope they improve Sahir quality wise then Shantanu as an actor will be able to hold Ishir scenes to an extent all by himself even if Saloni doesn't improve.

PS - Yes it is difficult to like a love story whose pre confession phase hasn't been shown. That's the biggest drawback in the Ishir love story
Edited by muskurana - 7 years ago
..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Oh and Point no.3 &5 are BANG ON!!!!
kapoormenka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I agree with you on narration part as I feel it snatch the chance for other character to show their emotions their feeling which is their right to portray, 3rd and 5th point of Sahir characterization even I want detail and proper handling of these scenes.

Regarding screenspace its a girl's show so it was bound to be less. It's their journey in career and life. Even  shantanu in beginning told in interview that we should not crib about screenspace and we should appreciate the quality scenes given to him rather than thinking about quantity. I am happy that he is being able to portray different shades in his character. Though even I feel his monologues should also be given.

Regarding Saloni I know she is not good but I feel she is improving now. She is getting in her character and soon we will like her also.

I don't want to compare 2 love stories but according to me Gia-azhar story is straightforward and simple story and Azhar character doesn't have many shades till now so I personally don't find their story is interesting even though their chemistry is good. I think I love ISHIR story more because of this intriguing story and their complicated relation. This really makes me look forward more for their past. How girl like isha who is so sorted fell so much in love with Sahir that even after knowing his past and his cheating she willing accepted him again and again and how Sahir fell so much in love with Isha that he changed so much for her. The boy who was cheating her with other girl today was flinching even with the touch of Shreya.

pri98.arora thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
First of all, stop calling him a senior actor anindo ... it has only been 5 yrs that he is in this industry! 

I completely agree with each and every point!
Firstly, Co-Star. Considering that the entire show runs on Isha's monolgues, she needs to work alot se bhi zaada on her voice modulations. Also, she needs to play with her face. Expressionless face turns me off completely and ruins the otherwise potential scene. 

Second, playing with D3 tracks and infusing it in Girls On Top. It is a bad idea! I don't really know why they r doing that. Its just not needed!

They need to experiment more. Show is about Girls and the problems the face in our society, and a girl's life just does not revolve around love. The scriptwriters need to bring a balance b/w their personal and professional life.

Also, Sahir's characterisation needs to be more clear! His character lacks an efficient writing and powerful dialogues. And he needs monolgues too!

As far as screenspace is concerned,  I have given up! When the man himself has said not to look at the screenspace, indicating that his screenspace will be such... then I think we are just too much into screenspace thingi. Also, show is about girls... so can't be that he will be shown all throughout the episodes. Frankly speaking, he is shown more than Azhar and Guru ... so I don't think we will get more of him.

I so so so want Girls On Top ppl read this and do SOMETHING!!!
Edited by pri98.arora - 7 years ago
Muskan_SwaRon thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Instead of Isha, Sahir should be made the backbone of IshIr's story coz there is hardly any chance of Saloni improving anyway. I would like to listen to Sahir's monologue. His transition from a spoilt to the one who loves a girl badly---from what type of a person he was or what he is now --- A monologue conveyed by Shantanu definitely and not by some tom, dick or harry coz I can say it proudly that no bloody one can match up to him when it comes to voice modulations. It has been a long time since I have drooled over his voice so a monologue is MUST n MOSTLY needed.

2. IshIr's past to be handled well. How dey fall in love and all that. Post-confession couples hardly grab any eyeballs so its necessary that dey depict their pre-confession mode properly.

3. His screen space is good these days. I am not dissappointed with this. Hope it doesn't disappoint me in future as well.

4. Don't u dare call him a senior actor. My baby is just 25 πŸ˜›
pri98.arora thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
And yeah.. I agree that the Pre confession is the best stage in any couple's story! It brings out the freshness and fun in the story. 
The post confession scenes require good handling and mature writing, which currently lacks in ishir story, making it dull. 
Also, the randomness of the scenes disappoints me. A proper build up as to why things are happening and what is the reason behind a situation is required. Now this is a place where monolgues are required, which unfortunately, every character doesnot have!
Edited by pri98.arora - 7 years ago
TonyStark91 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Muskan_SwaRon

Instead of Isha, Sahir should be made the backbone of IshIr's story coz there is hardly any chance of Saloni improving anyway. I would like to listen to Sahir's monologue. His transition from a spoilt to the one who loves a girl badly---from what type of a person he was or what he is now --- A monologue conveyed by Shantanu definitely and not by some tom, dick or harry coz I can say it proudly that no bloody one can match up to him when it comes to voice modulations. It has been a long time since I have drooled over his voice so a monologue is MUST n MOSTLY needed.

2. IshIr's past to be handled well. How dey fall in love and all that. Post-confession couples hardly grab any eyeballs so its necessary that dey depict their pre-confession mode properly.

3. His screen space is good these days. I am not dissappointed with this. Hope it doesn't disappoint me in future as well.

4. Don't u dare call him a senior actor. My baby is just 25 πŸ˜›

4th point :p well edited senior part :p πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† i know ur baby is just sweet 25 :pπŸ˜† i only said he is a wellknown actor of the industry :p