India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Arshi OS : THE BRIDGE

..optimist.. IF-Sizzlerz
..optimist..
..optimist..

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 11:24am | IP Logged
Hello friends... I am new to this forum... I recently watched IPKKND online and loved it a lot...
Thought of posting this story here which I had written long back actually... Hope you like it...

THE BRIDGE

The environment inside the court was tense. Today was the final hearing of the case. Arnav sat there on the bench shaking his leg restlessly. He felt someone placing hand on his. The touch was familiar. It was the most gentle, the most beautiful touch ever! He looked by his side to see Khushi sitting beside smiling at him. Her smile, her touch, her gestures told him he need not be nervous. Arnav was called in. Khushi nodded at him telling him to go. She saw that he was very nervous about the result of the case. She placed a soft kiss on his forehead. He closed his eyes to feel it. The kiss was her way to show her belief... belief that the case would result in their favour, belief in the Almighty... Arnav opened his eyes to feel a new energy. She had transferred the optimism to him through the kiss. "Go now..." she whispered gently, "Do meet me afterwards... You know where to come!" Arnav just looked at her as she smiled. He got up to go inside the court. He turned to see her one last time before the hearing, but she was gone. 

This was the case Arnav had filed against Khushi's uncle three years ago. All this was for a huge bungalow Khushi's grandfather had left on her name after his death. Khushi had lost her parents when she was just 4. She was brought up by her grandparents. They loved Khushi very much and cared for her smallest joy. For Khushi, her grandparents were her family. She hardly remembered her parents. She loved her grandparents a lot and they were her world. Khushi was 24 when her grandmother passed away. Khushi was deeply affected by the death of her grandmother. She was in shock for many days. Her grandfather supported her well, but she still felt lonely. She needed someone to share her sorrow, she needed someone who could understand her, who would care for her, who would not leave her like her grandmother did or like her grandfather would some day, she wanted someone who would be with her... always!! And that's when destiny brought Arnav in her life. Perfect! She knew in her heart that he was the one she was waiting for. They both soon became friends, and this friendship brought love in their lives. Love filled their lives and happiness returned in Khushi's life. All the shortcomings in her life were fulfilled by Arnav. She was very satisfied and felt blessed to have met Arnav. Khushi's grandfather too adored Arnav. He knew that Arnav would take very good care of Khushi and give her all the love and respect after his death. Arnav's parents too were good people and they liked Khushi as their daughter-in-law. Soon, on Khushi's grandpa's wish, she was engaged to Arnav. Khushi was a software engineer and Arnav had his family business to look after. They had decided that after their marriage, Khushi would work with Arnav. 

The hustle in both the houses increased as the wedding date was approaching. Not a single day passed when Arnav and Khushi didn't meet each other. The meeting place was fixed always - the bridge! This was the small wooden bridge situated in the dense forest in the outskirts of the city. The bridge was very special for them. This was the place they had bumped into each other and that was the first time they had met. The bridge was usually lonely, but destiny had brought both of them at the place a the same time... the right time! The exchange of smiles was followed by the exchange of names and phone numbers. And then they used to come on the bridge frequently... unplanned but hoping to meet the other. They began sharing their thoughts, their joys and sorrows... They became best friends soon and then realised their love for each other. So, the bridge was an important part of their lives! That's where they had expressed their love for each other. So, that place reminded them of all those beautiful moments spent together. And they met there everyday at 6 o'clock. The time was fixed. They didn't speak much. They just spent some moments together in the serene environment, enjoying the lush green surroundings, the rustle of leaves, the chirping of birds, the setting sun, the cool breeze and the presence of each other...

Just three weeks were left for their wedding. They were all very excited for the wedding, but their excitement was washed off by the sudden death of Khushi's grangpa. Khushi wasn't strong enough to bear this shock, but Arnav helped her to cope up with this sudden loss. Her grandpa had mentioned in his will about a bungalow that he had left on Khushi's name. Bungalow? Which bungalow?! Khushi had never heard of any. She had never seen it and nor did she know anything about it! Arnav and Khushi checked the address and went to check the place. It was a huge bungalow, old yet beautiful! There were all trees surrounding it. As they checked around, they were surprised to know that some distance away, exactly behind the bungalow, was the bridge!! Yes, the same bridge that was so special to them!! They were amused by destiny... how perfect everything was!! Khushi missed her grandfather a lot, but he had to go some day. And that bungalow was a sign of his love for her. That bungalow was very close to her heart and she wanted it to be used for a noble cause. She had plans that she shared with Arnav. She wanted the bungalow to be used to give shelter to orphans and old people. She had even decided a name for the bungalow - Paradise... Arnav readily agreed to fund her idea and his parents backed them too. Khushi was very happy. "Arnav, whatever happens, it's okay even if you don't fulfill any of my dreams, but promise me that you will fulfill this one..." she had said. "I promise!!" Arnav had replied kissing her forehead. He would never forget that joy in her eyes.

But to ruin their happiness, Khushi's uncle came out from nowhere to claim that the bungalow belonged to him. He was a man of ugly character and could go to any extent to get possession over the bungalow. And that's when Arnav and Khushi's happiness was as if cursed. Arnav had to face the biggest disaster of his life... He filed a case against Khushi's uncle to punish him severely for what he had done and to get back the bungalow that belonged to Khushi. How could he not fulfill Khushi's wish! And three years had passed now... The case was to be concluded today...

Arnav was overjoyed to hear the result that the judge announced. His eyes watered as he remembered Khushi. He wished she was here right now, she would have been so happy! His parents congratulated him and they all rejoiced in happiness. Arnav couldn't wait to tell Khushi. He checked his watch... 5:25 pm. Oh no! He had to leave immediately to reach the place in time... The place where they met every evening since they were engaged...

Arnav checked the time. Just five minutes to six! He pressed the accelerator of his car. He didn't want to be late. "You know where to come!" she had said. He knew she must be waiting for him there.  He parked his car on the road-side and ran into the forest. Finally, he reached the place... THE BRIDGE!! And there she was, as beautiful as always, looking at him with her lovely brown eyes and the million-dollar smile...!! Arnav went near her. He didn't say anything. His eyes watered. Khushi smiled. 

"Your face is telling me that we won!" she said. 

Arnav nodded happily. "How did you know?" asked Arnav, "How did you know right from the beginning that the decision would be on our side?" Khushi smiled. 

"Belief..." she said, "I believe in God... And I believe in you!!" 

A tear escaped Arnav's eye. He cupped Khushi's face and gently kissed her forehead. "I love you!" he said. 

"I know!" said Khushi. 

"The war is over now... We have won it! I want to be with you Khushi... I want us to be together now! Let me come with you... Please... I can't live like this any more..." he said in a wet voice as his eyes watered again. His pain was clearly visible. 

"No Arnav..." said Khushi, "you can't come with me right now..." 

"But Khushi..." 

"Won't you fulfill my dream, Arnav? I want to see people happily living in the bungalow Arnav... I want to see the Paradise...!! You had promised me that you will fulfill my dream, will you break your promise?" 

Arnav wiped his eyes and smiled, "I will show you the Paradise...!! I will keep my promise my love!! I surely will! Just be with me!" he said. 

Khushi smiled. "I am always there with you!" she said as she placed her hand on Arnav's cheek.

Arnav's friends, Vineet and Rohit, reached there to congratulate Arnav on the case-win. They had gone to Arnav's home to meet him, but his parents told them that Arnav was at the bridge. They knew Arnav came to the bridge every evening, but they didn't know the reason. This was the first time they were at the bridge with Arnav. 

"Arnav?!! What are you doing here? And are you talking to yourself?" asked Vineet, as he and Rohit exchanged glances. They were confused and startled. 

Arnav looked at them, smiled, and said, "I am talking to my lovely fiance, Khushi...!" 

Vineet and Rohit stared at Arnav in horror. What was Arnav saying? How could this be? Khushi was murdered by her uncle three years ago!! They both exchanged glances. 

"She is here with me..." said Arnav, looking at Khushi who held his arm with a smile, "And she will be with me... forever!!"

Thank you for reading Smile Did you like it? Do let me know with your likes and comments Embarrassed

Link to my Index of ArShi Stories

Edited by ..optimist.. - 16 April 2017 at 10:39am

The following 140 member(s) liked the above post:

sini#81swati2011smitha74vithus1592taniarumikaprhaevergreen05kpreethyawsomechokrissttuuttiianooopudi69sunshaeyEr.shreeyasineena2000Snigdha92g.s.p.r.9.4.3.rhtkumar672Hufflepuffmisty_19ansakzainabmunshiihtas411AUROREsujesan61Blush18HemaSuryaIpkknd_test1dawnkkayriyanshiabcd93nimahajanPEARLPOOsankeerthLUCKYRADHIIfra97raniii2MONAKARANgurukhushowinstarrystarathiraktfanfollowerFLORASRAsaxena_hgtMus@dvmcjdanish1cutie13aanchu19anamika00os112801Armelashoobievvinikhwaish_245agshilpalovebadhanprathyusha120atheenz95jh006ParimaapAmita2014Sonia_J16Savera84Sim_Rijvi-cynicalmess-ssdewi83prati_inceptammullu1i_m_arshiyasadia98peachygirlnilmananjidesena6shrithi13chitra8710princessdivyacoderladynizahairumit0905brishti84rn94NPKNWanieAArilipniya55anithabalaramjust4thisnitrit95sarbpoojasidd123Mxk3444wildandsweetneel11Aishu136mansijani21pari_goyalsinakgursikh_simransrain10rakenduvadanaspillabubulswtkavyanjali08SirenMitraforeverherskowshira9chinnulu...Deeksha....yashika.angelNazzz16Twinkle_alishaTheLifeDiariesAnjuRishArshika_arshisasirTitaliya1234koiskaaytmissmk..Saraa..zafilara3110meniranjana00xBabyAngelxjakhushiMissu_TRShamz94-afsha-LotusPetalschandni4433tinsel.Screwtape.fffan123pup03NickysweetHappytwinklesadhnasoumyaDownhillMysticRiver

MysticRiver IF-Addictz
MysticRiver
MysticRiver

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 11:33am | IP Logged
intriguing os...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..optimist..

ShahSAIR IF-Dazzler
ShahSAIR
ShahSAIR

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
mjhey pehley lga Mohabatei typ hai.. Ash ki jgh Khushi bt sachi mai hoga no ways.. Bhhooot ban k Arnav k peechey.. Over all good concept

..optimist..

xBabyAngelx IF-Rockerz
xBabyAngelx
xBabyAngelx

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
Simply beautiful

..optimist..

bubulswt IF-Dazzler
bubulswt
bubulswt