Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Is The Jungle Book more enjoyable in Hindi than English?? - Page 5

Eggon_Snow thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Patronus

Gathering storm thanks for making this topic! I was fangurling over your signature everywhere I saw you in the forum 😆 it's so cuteee!

I love loved the Hindi version so so much ❤️ I haven't watched the English version but I saw the English trailer & it PALES in comparison! A total disappointment when you compare to the Hindi version!

Nana Patekar & Irfan were my absolute favs! Nana's voice is so eerie, so scary - the pauses made it so damn perf! The English version sounds monotonous tbh the accents according to the traits given in the Hindi version make it more exciting & real! Like somebody mentioned Irfan's Punjabi accent or Louia's Goan accent was a brainwave! And he did so good I would've never imagined Irfan having such a good Punjabi accent! I didn't even recognize him at times.. Om Puri was okayish in front of the other voices! Shefali shah I really couldn't place her voice as shefali's I don't know why!pl and lastly PC over Scarlet anyday not saying this as a PC fan but her voice actually sounded hypotonizing in comparison to Scarlett's monotonous one! The hiss at the ends made it even better!

About the movie- it was done amazingly! Though I really believe the actor & voice artists made the movie really lift up for me! I loved loved mowgli & baloo tog! Baloo was so hilarious 🤣

@Bold...I do too..especially when I see baby mowgli...I have been showing baby mowgli to everyone who hasn't seen the movie😆

You are so right about the voice actors...the way Nana pauses, and his entry...that line..."mere zehan mein ek mehak uthi hain", it sounds so stupid in English with words like odour. I think its also because hindi/Urdu are more melodious tongues, so that also makes everything sound better by far. But Nana and Irfan really killed it in this one👏

PC was epic yaar, even Shefali...her choking up was brilliant in the goodbye scene. And Bugs was so good...even better than Neel Sethi in terms of his dialogue delivery.

Love love love the movie...gonna see it again before its gone from the big screens.😃
Edited by gatheringstorm - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
I loved ikki the porcupine better too  in the hindi version ,his ye mera hai woh mera hai was hillarous😆
Eggon_Snow thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: akdhaalways

I loved ikki the porcupine better too  in the hindi version ,his ye mera hai woh mera hai was hillarous😆

Yeah its like how Patronus said...the voice actors lifted the Hindi version to another level.
Edited by gatheringstorm - 7 years ago
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Just today I watched the English version. 😳 This weekend I'm gonna go for the Hindi one. 🥳 Jitna dekho utna kam hai! 😳   
BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
I knew the Hindi version would be much better ever since I saw the first trailer. 
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is6d3UrGqyw[/YOUTUBE]

PC as Kaa ❤️

I think all the Hindi voice-overs were better than the English version!
Edited by Gauahargeous_N - 7 years ago
GrumpyTheCat thumbnail
I will have to disagree with PC being better than Scarlett .Scarlett was amazing. 
BollyPC thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: GrumpyTheCat

I will have to disagree with PC being better than Scarlett .Scarlett was amazing. 

Nah, Scarlett was so monotone!
Edited by Gauahargeous_N - 7 years ago
GrumpyTheCat thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Gauahargeous_N

Nah, Scarlett was so monotone! 

That's your opinion .Mine is different. Deal with it.
BollyPC thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: GrumpyTheCat

That's your opinion .Mine is different. Deal with it.

That's fine. I'm just saying Scarlett was monotone IMO. 
Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Scarlett was more seductive while pc was more snakelike and eerie. Both did good job but I preferred pc as her voice was terrifying,many kids started crying. But scarlet was aesome in the trust in me song, was there one by pc too, cause i wanna be liek u in the end credits was translated to hindi too.I could'nt stay till the end while watching the hindi version,so have no idea.Did pc also sing trust in me hindi version?