Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Is The Jungle Book more enjoyable in Hindi than English??

Eggon_Snow IF-Sizzlerz
Eggon_Snow
Eggon_Snow

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 10:06am | IP Logged
I saw the Hindi version of the movie and it was so amazing, the entire voice cast did an incredible job. Now when I compare both the trailers, the English and the Hindi one, I feel going for the Hindi version was a smarter choice cause the Hindi voice actors seem to have done a better job than the English voice actors for the same scenes. I would choose all the Indian voices be it Nana over Idris, Irfan over Bill  Murray, etc and not just because Hindi is my first language but because compared to how atrocious other dubbed movies sound, not only have the voice actors pitched in a great effort but they also sound better than the original.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

JaaniDushmanwillina.FilmiDhun.ChotaBheemJiyagulabi

TheBoss IF-Sizzlerz
TheBoss
TheBoss

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Depends how badly they censored it. The censor board does not take lightly to a jungle boy showing his undies or animals walking nude.
Pemberleydreams IF-Rockerz
Pemberleydreams
Pemberleydreams

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 10:16am | IP Logged
I agree with u,I went for the hindi version with parents and english with friends,enjoyed the hindi one much more.Cause the voices are so  familiar, irfan was a riot as balu,priyanka was more snakish than scarlet,her voice scared me so much.And hearing nana patekar as sher khan again was so music to ears, and he was  more sinister in his voice than he was in  the dd channel cartoon,he scared me I was on the edge of my seat ki what will sher khan do now,his voice was so cunning so  cruel Cry I really enjoyed hindi one more.But I wish they had  added the jungle jungle song at the end credits instead of another version of  i wanna be like u. The songs though I preferred the english versions,be its bear necessities ,I wanna be like u  or Scarlet's trust in me at the end credits

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

hedwig_fawkesspsharmilaJaaniDushmanEggon_SnowChotaBheemJiyagulabiSugar9.00pallavi25-Swetha-

.FilmiDhun. IF-Dazzler
.FilmiDhun.
.FilmiDhun.

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 10:16am | IP Logged
Alas there are no screenings for the dubbed version here in the UK or I would have gone for a second viewing to enjoy the TJB in hindi.Ermm

Anyway, I watched the English version and thought the voice cast did a fabulous job. What imo works great for the film is that the dialogues are really good. Especially the lines Bagheera gets to narrate, and also the interactions of Mowgli with Raksha and Shere Khan...Clap

I wish I could see the hindi version, I saw the trailer of it and the voice cast nailed it StarStar... I think it helps that TJB is set in indian rainforests and having voices in hindi only increases the authenticity. In addition to that people like Irrfan, Nana, Om puri, Priyanka..all are excellent actors themselves and they all have great dialogue delivery..So it all helped IMO.Smile

Edited by dingle_hopper - 26 April 2016 at 10:18am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Eggon_Snow

Pemberleydreams IF-Rockerz
Pemberleydreams
Pemberleydreams

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 10:17am | IP Logged
English was really good too though, specially edris elba and bill murray and ben kingsley.Shefali shah was fab as raksha, much better than the english version voice.So much motherly love was there in her voice,when her voice broke while telling mogli chahe jaha jao jiske sath raho tum hamesha mere beet rahogeCryCryCry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Eggon_SnowJiyagulabi

--SH7_Sunny-- IF-Achieverz
--SH7_Sunny--
--SH7_Sunny--

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 10:18am | IP Logged
TJB in Hindi was mind blowing. Seeing movie phirse apna 'Bachpan' yaad aa gaya. Party

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Eggon_SnowChotaBheem

Eggon_Snow IF-Sizzlerz
Eggon_Snow
Eggon_Snow

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheBoss

Depends how badly they censored it. The censor board does not take lightly to a jungle boy showing his undies or animals walking nude.

But I thought yeh chaddi ka hain zamanaOuch...RSS is also famous for chaddi (although ab they have converted to trousers)...toh no censoring according to meLOL

P.S. Vishal Bharadwaj had an interesting anecdote to share at the launch of the new jungle Jungle Baat Chali Hain song. He reminisced about the old version which had become such a rage in 90s so much so that a friend of his told him about a nearby RSS shakha was playing it daily  in the morningLOL

Edited by gatheringstorm - 26 April 2016 at 10:24am

TheBoss

MinzPie IF-Stunnerz
MinzPie
MinzPie

Stormtrooper of CC

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 10:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dingle_hopper

Alas there are no screenings for the dubbed version here in the UK or I would have gone for a second viewing to enjoy the TJB in hindi.Ermm

Anyway, I watched the English version and thought the voice cast did a fabulous job. What imo works great for the film is that the dialogues are really good. Especially the lines Bagheera gets to narrate, and also the interactions of Mowgli with Raksha and Shere Khan...Clap

I wish I could see the hindi version, I saw the trailer of it and the voice cast nailed it StarStar... I think it helps that TJB is set in indian rainforests and having voices in hindi only increases the authenticity. In addition to that people like Irrfan, Nana, Om puri, Priyanka..all are excellent actors themselves and they all have great dialogue delivery..So it all helped IMO.Smile

did you figure out thestrip songLOL

.FilmiDhun.

Go to top