Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Hai
Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Hai

Wish Kalyani had told Ketki the truth about Sohrab 26.4.2016

gravity23 IF-Dazzler
gravity23
gravity23

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 9:47am | IP Logged
Is it just me or the actress playing Ketki looks like a witch sometimes?Wacko

I have, from the beginning, never liked the character or Ketki...when she was younger, she was even more intolerable...the way she would stamp her feet on the ground, misunderstand EVERYTHING her sister said/did and sometimes, even her mother, trying to act like she's grown up way beyond her years...

profound sense of entitlement, NO SENSE of right or wrong, superbly naive, she was plain intolerable...and still is...and something tells me she will later blame her family for this huge blunder she has become a part of now...when the cards are out in the open, Sohrab's mostlyShocked

But my only grouse is - Why did Kalyani not tell Ketki the truth? Yes, her sister would surely have misunderstood her intentions, as she is wont to being a rebel JUST FOR THE HECK OF IT, and I believe, because she suffers an inferiority complex when it comes to her elder sister...

Ketki might have replied in this vein, that Kalyani is lying, or is jealous of her and cooking up tales...

But at least Kalyani would have done her part...then Ketki would have been solely responsible for her life/fate, because it is clear Sohrab is only using her, doesnt love her...Even when he came in front of Kalyani and the others, he kept staring at Kalyani furtively, trying to guage her reaction

there are 95% chances Ketki would STILL have chosen to marry Sohrab...but still...at least she would do so with open eyes...

and anyway, I dont understand, why she thinks its okay to marry her father's friend? Didnt it strike her as weird and something her family will never accept?

I'm not sure Kalyani confided in her mother or not, regarding Sohrab proposing to her...I missed a couple of episodes...but that is the only thing she will feel the weight of, later in life...maybe she felt it was insignificant and didnt want to emphasize too much on this one-off thing, but whatever it is, this has led to Sohrab all sorts of wicked plans, purely for the purpose of revenge...

the depths a man can fall to, to exact revenge...totally ruined whatever was left of the sisters' equationOuch

As for Ketki, she is in for the biggest shock of her life as time passes

Even Sohrab's mother looks shifty...like there's something not right about her...I cant call Ketki poor...she is simply dumb,has no idea how the outside world works...and deserves at least some of the shit coming her way

coz in her mind, she has always seen Kalyani as a rival...and never heeded her words...heck, she didnt even care about her mother's values, dreams for her...

Edited by gravity23 - 26 April 2016 at 10:16am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

truptibidikarlarimel22VellaGirlChit15croziaxxRollingStones

dixie123 IF-Sizzlerz
dixie123
dixie123

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 10:17am | IP Logged
No Kalyani never tells anyone of Sohrab proposing to her. 

Today's last scene had Devika's voice talking in the current time saying that Kalyani never told her about Sohrab proposing to her.

I agree Kalyani's BIG mistake of not telling about Sohrab. She did have the opportunity twice earlier when Ketki said she loves Sohrab. She didn't say anything. And today, she could have easily told her the truth infront of Sohrab and she didnt do it again. Shocked I can't understand this action of hers. She probably feels no use telling because Ketki anyway won't believe her. And didn't want to add to her mother's woes.. But, NO she needed to tell.

Edited by dixie123 - 26 April 2016 at 10:17am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

larimel22-Swetha-

BinKuchKahe. IF-Sizzlerz
BinKuchKahe.
BinKuchKahe.

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 10:21am | IP Logged

Thank you for this post. I was actually thinking of making a post on Ketki & why she's always termed wrong.

I share a different opinion. Ketki's no goody two shoes. Nonetheless, I have always liked her as a character. Her desire to do something for the family was only natural seeing the distress they were in. IMO her questions were legitimate - if Kalyani can leave school & earn, why can't she, especially when she doesn't even enjoy studying? Yes, education is important & I can understand Kalyani's motivations, reasons for wanting to give Ketki a good life, & ensure that she's educated. But Ketki too is justified in feeling that she's been repressed. She was impulsive & sometimes lacked the maturity to understand things, but that does that make her bad & wrong? NO. Also, I don't find Ketki 'wrong' for falling in Sohrab. We, as an audience, know that he's now turned grey, but the truth is he was always there for the Gaikwad family as a strong pillar of support. They wouldn't have made it this far without him. Devika's voiceover on Friday's episode was bang on in conveying that Ketki wasn't wrong to fall in love with a man who took over her father's role & provided her with a certain sense of security. What could have been avoided was the conflict this caused between the sisters. And that could have been avoided had Kalyani told Ketki the truth & had the family tried to reason with Ketki regarding her choice, rather than tell her off immediately.

As to your question on why Kalyani never told Ketki the truth, I think that came from her sense of being Ketki's elder sister. From young, Kalyani has always constantly dictated Ketki on what to do because she took on the responsibility of the family at a very young age. She grew up way before her time, so she feels that she is always right in the decisions she makes. But this time, Kalyani forgot that Ketki is no longer a young girl. She's grown up & even though she may not be as mature, she is very sharp. 

Just my two cents. Feel free to disagree.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

larimel22VellaGirlgravity23..PikACHU...S.Stephydixie123-Swetha-

dixie123 IF-Sizzlerz
dixie123
dixie123

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 10:30am | IP Logged
@prc_fan: I agree about Ketki. I like her as a character too. I think the actor is doing a good job too.

She is 18, naive and immature whereas Kalyani though only 2 years older is far more mature than her age. Even Rose said this. I don't fault Ketki falling in love with Sohrab. She seems to be in love with him from childhood. She has had a special place for him.

Kalyani needed to learn that Ketki doesn't like to be dictated upon. She needed to be told in a different way. 

sonarajasingh-Swetha-

RollingStones IF-Sizzlerz
RollingStones
RollingStones

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 11:40am | IP Logged
The Question that TM has asked is Legit...
But  as TM mentioned same I doubt , even If she would have informed Ketki , would Ketki still believe her ..? 
But ya Kalyani should have told Devi and Aaji about Sohrabh...

About Ketki , well yes her character is Immature  ...but I don't blame her .
She has always been the Protected one , had she been shouldering responsibilities like Kalyani ...Maturity would have sinked in ..

Also Kalyani since childhood have tried to control her Life .
In recent scene with sohrab , Ketki mentions how first time she feels some one value her Dream . As kalyani always tried to put decisions on Ketki without taking seeking Ketki's opinion/wish...
so someone like Ketki who is already Rebellious ...this was Expected..

My only complain is , the Actress playing Ketki comes across OTT...
She was Great at the Start ...bt ever since her Love phase with Sohrabh started...the giggles and over shyness looked overdone...

Reg Ketki falling for Sohrabh...hmm...in recent Devi's VO ...the writers tried to explain why Ketki fell for Sohrabh...She saw someone taking her Father's place ...someone who helped her Family in need ..someone who guided her Sister ..
Just like Kalyani saw Rajaram in Vikrant , Ketki did it in Sohrabh...

gravity23-Swetha-

gravity23 IF-Dazzler
gravity23
gravity23

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 3:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dixie123

No Kalyani never tells anyone of Sohrab proposing to her. 

Today's last scene had Devika's voice talking in the current time saying that Kalyani never told her about Sohrab proposing to her.

I agree Kalyani's BIG mistake of not telling about Sohrab. She did have the opportunity twice earlier when Ketki said she loves Sohrab. She didn't say anything. And today, she could have easily told her the truth infront of Sohrab and she didnt do it again. Shocked I can't understand this action of hers. She probably feels no use telling because Ketki anyway won't believe her. And didn't want to add to her mother's woes.. But, NO she needed to tell.

Ohh well...that was a BLUNDER IMO

at least it might have prevented SOME damage...even today she COULD have said...but like I said, she didnt...maybe she felt it wont have any impact...Kalyani is quite dignified that way, dosnt like getting into the muck and mud-slinging behaviour...

but whatever it is, it was REQUIRED that she tell...after that, whatever Ketki would have decided, would have totally her call
gravity23 IF-Dazzler
gravity23
gravity23

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 3:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by prc_fan1

Thank you for this post. I was actually thinking of making a post on Ketki & why she's always termed wrong.

I share a different opinion. Ketki's no goody two shoes. Nonetheless, I have always liked her as a character. Her desire to do something for the family was only natural seeing the distress they were in. IMO her questions were legitimate - if Kalyani can leave school & earn, why can't she, especially when she doesn't even enjoy studying? Yes, education is important & I can understand Kalyani's motivations, reasons for wanting to give Ketki a good life, & ensure that she's educated. But Ketki too is justified in feeling that she's been repressed. She was impulsive & sometimes lacked the maturity to understand things, but that does that make her bad & wrong? NO. Also, I don't find Ketki 'wrong' for falling in Sohrab. We, as an audience, know that he's now turned grey, but the truth is he was always there for the Gaikwad family as a strong pillar of support. They wouldn't have made it this far without him. Devika's voiceover on Friday's episode was bang on in conveying that Ketki wasn't wrong to fall in love with a man who took over her father's role & provided her with a certain sense of security. What could have been avoided was the conflict this caused between the sisters. And that could have been avoided had Kalyani told Ketki the truth & had the family tried to reason with Ketki regarding her choice, rather than tell her off immediately.

As to your question on why Kalyani never told Ketki the truth, I think that came from her sense of being Ketki's elder sister. From young, Kalyani has always constantly dictated Ketki on what to do because she took on the responsibility of the family at a very young age. She grew up way before her time, so she feels that she is always right in the decisions she makes. But this time, Kalyani forgot that Ketki is no longer a young girl. She's grown up & even though she may not be as mature, she is very sharp. 

Just my two cents. Feel free to disagree.

I agree with some of the points you have made...Ketki wanted to also do something for her family...because she saw her elder sister doing something for the family..she wanted to be of use...but then, she was too young to understand her sister's care and concern for her...she still is...she was quick to yell at Devika for thinking f going out to work..she is simply INCLINED to assume too much too soon and form hr own reality inside her head..like she has now assumed Sohrab loves her madly...and ONLY her...only because he came down a couple of times to help her around...supported her...she is naive, emotional, spontaneous...and Kalyani, since a young age, has been more perceptive, mindful, cautious and tries to do the right thing no matter what it takes...she is not someone who will explain her motivations/actions too much...I guess, for her, actions should speak louder than words...which is why she doesnt explain herself too much to Ketki...

yes, Ketki too won a singing competition and brought hme some money for Kanishk's operation recently...but her feeling of wanting to be the star of the family stems from that one incident in childhood...I believe she was jealous of her elder sister since childhood, which began at the time of her father's death..a lil after that...

Kalyani stepped up and did something for the family...Ketki wanted that coveted position too...

but Kalyani did not do it with the expectation of praise..Ketki only wanted the end result - that position in the eyes of her family...motivations are diff

and hence, she doesnt and can never understand the sacrifice Kalyani has made for the family...

her feeling depressed is a natural consequence of her age..most teens are like that...

but I disagree that the imminent could have been avoided...yes, Kalyani could have tried to make her understand in subtle ways, lovingly, calmly...but do you realize- may be she ddnt do it coz she KNOWS Ketki wont listen to HER, because she is the authority Ketki has been tryin to stand up against all her life?

She would have simply assumed the worst of Kalyani...it has happened with me personally, and when you instinctively feel a person just wont value your opinion or even listen to you, that's 3/4th of the battle lost...you end up feeling deflated and wonder if making your point would even matter

Ketki turned up MARRIED...what could the Gaikwad family have done? Get her divorced wen she loved Sohrab with all her might?

They tried to talk her out of it...but she ran away from the house and did the unthinkable...what could the Gaikwads have done?

Also, it was SHOCKING for them to stumble upon the conclusion that Ketki is in love with Sohrab...they are humans, after all...they cant be expected to not react vehemently to it...but of course, they didnt expect the intensity of Ketki's feelings were such that she would take such an extreme ste

Yes, perhaps it was not very unnatural that she fell for Sohrab, but to be so NAIVE as to think her family, especially her mother (whom Sohrab calls 'Vayni') would accept their relation/marriage...that's stupidity...even with the kind of immaturity and impulsiveness she is born with, and uses to take most decisions, it should have been predictable for her..that after all, Sohrab is he FATHER'S FRIEND...Almost like a father figure to her...

and most moms in the world would be too pleased if her daughter married a man old enough to be her father/uncle, would they? 

Having said that, Ketki always had this complex regarding Kalyani...Sohrab just gave wings and fire to what was already in flames...you can hardly help that...if somebody else is a prisoner of their own thoughts/assumptions...

Most of what Ketki pays for in life, is eventually due to her own misconceptions, that an outsider was somehow more caring towards and protective of her,than her family members...

Edited by gravity23 - 26 April 2016 at 4:08pm

larimel22croziaxx

fairy_tales IF-Sizzlerz
fairy_tales
fairy_tales

Posted: 27 April 2016 at 5:21am | IP Logged
ya i has said this same point in synposis thread before that kalyani could have told ketki about sohrab proposing her then ketki would have got idea abt his wrong intentions, and fake love towards her 

Go to top