Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Sultan is a love story and a love story never fails: Salman Khan

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

Sultan is a love story and a love story never fails: Salman Khan

SPEED NEWS DESK| 26 April 2016, 13:25 PM IST
Photo: IANS

Actor Salman Khan, who has been appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador of the Indian Contingent at Rio Olympics 2016, is currently busy with the shooting of wrestling drama Sultan, which is slated to hit screens this Eid. 

Khan believes that a film on cricket has not clicked at the ticket window because the same looks very fake on screen.

"Cricket on screen looks fake. I don't know how the upcoming biopics will do. Mary Kom had a story of her struggle, and so, it did well. Chak De! India had an incredible story. So, in cricket films too, you need a story."

When asked about the story of his upcoming sports drama, Sultan, Khan revealed that it is essentially a love story.

"Sultan is a love story and a love story never fails," said Salman.

Salman revealed that he put in a lot of effort to essay the character of a Haryanvi wrestler in Sultan. He was quoted as saying:

"I am acting to be a wrestler, and to act perfectly, you need to do stuff that the real wrestlers do. So, being picked up and being thrown on mat or mitti, it hurts (me) as much it hurts them. Also, picking them up and throwing them is a painful exercise. When they have a match, it's for about half an hour, but I'm shooting all day. 

You are grabbing, you are holding, you are patkoing. Also, I am fighting real wrestlers in the film, and so, when they throw you, they throw you really hard. This is my most difficult film. As a kid, when we used to get tired, we'd laugh and still go on till we were exhausted. But today, as soon as you're tired, you're like, 'Bas karo yaar, thak gaye. Kal karte hain.' But sportpersons keep on going and push themselves to the next level. We do compete in the film industry, but that's different from the competition players participate in. We might think we are working hard, but there's somebody who is working ten times harder. I am trying to enjoy that pain of learning."

Sultan also stars Anushka Sharma in a lead role.

SRC

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
Originally posted by: gulabi22

Sultan πŸ₯³

is that your pic with henna on your hands..It's so beautiful I thought it's from some movie..
awkardpyscho thumbnail
I agree with him about cricket looking clearly fake onscreen. There was some movie back then on cricket, it was really bad and not tolerable, atleast thats I felt.
Originally posted by: awkardpyscho

I agree with him about cricket looking clearly fake onscreen. There was some movie back then on cricket, it was really bad and not tolerable, atleast thats I felt.

do you mean awwal number?pretty badπŸ˜†
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Originally posted by: RogerFedrer

I am acting to be a wrestler, and to act perfectly, you need to do stuff that the real wrestlers do. So, being picked up and being thrown on mat or mitti, it hurts (me) as much it hurts them. Also, picking them up and throwing them is a painful exercise. When they have a match, it's for about half an hour, but I'm shooting all day.

Acting and Salman in one sentence. 🀣 This ain't your job. 

Ya, that's Srk's job, he did it well with Fan πŸ˜†
awkardpyscho thumbnail
Originally posted by: MiniRulz

do you mean awwal number?pretty badπŸ˜†

not that one havent seen it, the movie i am talking about is chain khuli ki main kulii. it was horrible to watch for me
Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by: .Lakhan.

Ya, that's Srk's job, he did it well with Fan πŸ˜†

Yup he is good in it but can't say same on Salman.
after effects of OTT acting still on πŸ₯³
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Originally posted by: RogerFedrer

Yup he is good in it but can't say same on Salman.

SRK with ACTING

Fan = 85 Cr
Distributor Share = 40 Cr

SALMAN without ACTING

Jai Ho = 109 Cr
Distributor Share = 59 Cr

🀣

I would like 2 ask SRK... Plz Don't Stop ACTING 

πŸ˜†
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4