Ye Hai Mohabbatein

Deconstructing the suicide attempt, and deconstructing Ishita Bhalla - Page 4

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago
The fresh perspectives you guys bring to the platter are worth coming to this forum for 👏

Thanks Zoya, Krishy, Aani 😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: Badtameez_Dil_1

The fresh perspectives you guys bring to the platter are worth coming to this forum for 👏

Thanks Zoya, Krishy, Aani 😳

Thanks Umera,

I am so happy to actually have the forum discussing the show again which is what it is supposed to be about. 
Mdwst thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@ aani perfect analysis
Thank you
ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: QueSeraSera

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Thanks Umera,</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">I am so happy to actually have the forum discussing the show again which is what it is supposed to be about.</font>

Welcome Aani!

If not for Zoya, I doubt this forum would have regained it's sanity!!
Zoyamalik2005 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: QueSeraSera

Edited

Sometimes the quietest of people are the ones who need the most to speak up, more than everyone; the ones who hold back have the most on their mind, in their hearts and their plates - people who seem to have the strongest of appearances are the ones whose hearts are the most fragile, so frail that they might break with a whisper as much as a mere touch...and often the people who are allowed to get past those carefully built-up defences, who have been trusted to safeguard that heart end up breaking it - more often times meaning to do it than not.

That is how I can sum up with what happened to Ishita, the two people who she allowed to slip past her defences - for whom she let down her guard as she allowed them to enter within the fortified castle that she built carefully around her heart are Ruhi and Raman - in that order, but the order necessarily need mean that that's their standing too - Ruhi followed by Raman...rather it's the inverse for her I believe, only it always appears otherwise.

If Ruhi opened her heart to love again, in Raman, Ishita found the love she always wanted but never thought she would find - Ruhi is the child of her heart, the one who she holds responsible for her happiness and fortune...the child who when needed reassurance from her mother was said that she represents all the love in the world for her parents, that they see all their love in her - and those words meant to placate an upset, heartbroken child became literal.

The little girl had once innocently put together this question, simply worded but so profound,

"Ishimaa, love toh dikhta hai na? Lekin aapka aur papa ka dikhta nahi."

The mother lovingly answered her child,

"Aapse kissne kahaan dikhayi nahi deta? Dikhai deta hi, pata hai kahaan?"

"Kahaan?"

The child curious and mesmerized asks sweetly,

"Humari chhoti si Ruhi mein. Humme saara love humari Ruhi mein dikhta hai its more than enough for us."

"Toh aapke liye yeh love enough hai? Aapka mann toh nahi karega na mujhe chhod ke jaane ko?"

The mother promises her child, hugging her and holding her close to her heart, as she places her on her lap - I won't ever leave you nor will your papa - we love you a lot.

Ironically, that is what exactly happens.

The child who feared the one thing above all faced that very fate -of abandonment in a moment, in a disastrous moment, unwittingly, she who brought these soul mates together became the reason the love that exists between both her parents seemed to perish as she disappeared. The love that the mother said they see in her, because of her, represented by her - with her disappearance too seems to have lost its way.

No wonder when the mother tries to kill herself physically, she says those words she did. Because emotionally, she is already dying  - first owing to the loss of the child who breathed life into her existence and worse because of the blows of the hateful, spiteful words of the man who made that life worth living, who made her love that very life are that without Ruhi there is nothing. With Ruhi gone, there is no us, if there is no us, there's no relationship, there's nothing, I have nothing worthwhile in my world, I have nothing to live for.

She' accused of forgetting the other two children, her parents and others around her as she makes a run from everything but in that state of mind I feel she takes things at face value. When Raman starts accusing her,  she takes the silence of those around, including that of her parents, as agreement to whatever her husband is accusing her off. In the venom of his words she finds the loss of all her strength and fate, in their love, their marriage, in her own self - and loses her will to live, much less anything else.

When he makes the accusations of her deserving a barren life, he makes her feel worthless of mothering even their other children.   In his anger by saying she doesn't deserve motherhood - he relinquishes her claim to those children - one of whom she would be accused of being a stepmother of and the other, who though her own flesh and blood won't be called the fruit of her womb, whose existence didn't happen because she suffered through any labor. Whom could she stay back for then, or return too?

What did she have to live for if not for her family - all of whom in that moment made her feel as abandoned as Ruhi was on that cliff.

Unaware of the heartache and pain left in her wake, Ruhi is hurting for that act of betrayal and would need time and the reinstatement of beliefs and love to link these two together again.  Because only when Ishita can move on from that guilt, that still has the strongest hold on her heart, can she heal.

Only when Ishita finds the will to live again, by rescuing her child, helping her heal and set the wrongs right - would she be able to even fight for the respect she deserves. Only when these two return would that man who unflinchingly crushed the woman who he loves madly, who loves him with the same amount of madness -  in a moment of despair and pain, blinded by his own hurt and anger, mad at his own helplessness of failing to rescue his child,  would these three heal - of the wounds that they suffer, inflicted by others and they themselves on their hearts.

I'm basically a blubbering mess now!! Just thank you for that nostalgia!! It's so interesting, if you think about it, how Raman and Ishita cope. Raman doesn't allow anyone to comfort him and chooses to live in constant agony, thinking this is what he deserves. He lashes out, to invite more disdain from his family members. Ishita on the other hand I think tries to forget she exists. She focuses on mani and aliya, and attempts to forget she is walking, talking, breathing. Mani saved her body. She successfully killed her actual self though. Raman is dead, and invites hell. Ishita's hell is the nothingness she reduced herself to.
Zoyamalik2005 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Badtameez_Dil_1

Welcome Aani!

If not for Zoya, I doubt this forum would have regained it's sanity!!

Just thank you for everyone welcoming me! I don't understand fan wars, I don't understand Raman vs Ishita. people are flawed. People are selfish. People when faced with crazy circumstances react in madness. 

Furthermore...
This, people need to remember I'd Ekta land, where random women like niddhi chabra pop up to from a chance encounter, enact revenge on an ex, which was never actually an ex.so we need to take everything with a pic of salt! 
Zoyamalik2005 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -K.13-

I hope they touch on it between IshRa and not Ishita and everyone else like they have in the past. I want this to be just about IshRa. Sharing hurt with others is understandable but we won't see any trie, honest progression in IshRa until THEY - the couple - opens up 100% (or 65% is even good enough for desi soaps)

Raman and Ishita need to break each other again, to then heal. They need to tell the other how being apart has wrecked them. They need to open all there wounds to let out all the resentment, anger and hurt. I say this because they need to make it crystal clear to one another how much they meant to each other. They have to understand that them, and only them matter when it comes to being in love with each other. The questions Raman and Ishita have about whether Ruhi still plays a massive part in loving each other need to be laid to rest. Love for Ruhi is separate from love for each other. The child swap track raised this, but never settled it. Ruhi came back, and Raman and Ishita didn't have to face the issue. Now they will have to,