Bhabhi Ji Ghar Pe Hain?

Shubhangi Atre: Comparisons with Shilpa are bound to happen!!

vyoman thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Shubhangi Atre: Comparisons with Shilpa are bound to happen

PTI | Apr 26, 2016, 03.53 PM IST
Actress Shubhangi Atre, who will be seen on television show "Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain", wants to make sure she doesn't disappoint viewers with her portrayal of its famous character, 'Angoori bhabhi'.

"My complete focus is to do justice to my role. It's a huge responsibility that has been bestowed upon me. I do not want to disappoint the loyal fans of the show," she told PTI.

Shubhangi has stepped into the shoes of actress Shilpa Shinde to play the character of Angoori. Shinde quit the show after a fall out with the producers.

"Comparisons are bound to happen and I am open to that scrutiny. As actors, we wait for such opportunities. It's a huge responsibility to be selected to play an immensely popular character on television," she said.

Shubhangi said she herself has been a huge fan of the show.

"It has a cult following. I myself have been a big fan of the show and all its characters."

"Incidentally, it was my birthday, 11th April, when I received a call for this show and I don't think there could have been a perfect birthday gift," she said.

Since Angoori speaks in Bihari dialect, Shubhangi had to work on it.

"The signature dialogue of Angoori like 'Sahi pakde hai' and the Bihari accent resonates with masses. So I had to practise that a lot to get the diction and mannerism right." 

Shubhangi feels the most important aspect about comedy is timing.

"The first thing about comedy is timing, it has to be perfect. Second, you should enjoy doing it. Unless you enjoy it, bet it a man or woman, it won't click," she said.
Edited by vyoman - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

babita.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Very right 👏👏
Comparison is bound to happen, her own style won't work, she will have to copy Shilpa. Only this idea can make her stay here for long. The accent is the same and so are the dilaogue delivery. Even sahi pakde hain was the same.
I was visualizing Shilpa every time the new angoori was acting. 😳

Hope the show continues for long and we get this new angoori as afresh as the previous one. 

TFS dearest Vyoman ❤️ 
Missed U 🤗
vyoman thumbnail
Missed you too...❤️🤗
Actually when once she said "Sahi Pakde Hain" it was so similar that I thought they are using the same voice of Shilpa. But after that it was actually Shubhangi's voice...😆

Posh610 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Hahaha...Love Shubhangi. She has done justice to the show.
She is so good...I Love this show very much.
Edited by Posh610 - 7 years ago
Mayavi-26 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Shubhangi is doing good job. No doubt she has replace shilpa even in that sab tv show. So she must have done her homework well about character and also accent.
vyoman thumbnail
Originally posted by: flamenco

Shubhangi is doing good job. No doubt she has replace shilpa even in that sab tv show. So she must have done her homework well about character and also accent.

Moreover the creative team of BGPH is really good...