India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

New gang - old gang

vita93 Goldie
vita93
vita93

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 4:52am | IP Logged
Hi guys, I'm not an avid watcher of the show but I've followed its stories through the past few years now (since the Jagya-Gauri times). I'd just like to give my 2 cents on the direction taken.
I think it's safe to say that this show has no ties whatsoever to the original BV. Other than the news of writers and director stepping down, it's quite clear that they wish to maintain no contacts with previous characters, situations, locations etc. Which is a little problematic.

1) JaGan: Number 1 question - where are they, what happened, why are the kids not with them etc. I think this concern could have been easily solved if they had shown Akhiraj Singh planting a bomb in the haveli and basically blowing everybody up. As morbid as it sounds, it would at least lay some rest to the fact that we will no longer see them again. Otherwise, it will always be a question of will the CVs ever bring them and their kids back? Similarly goes for Kamli and her husband - just kill them all in a huge bomb blast. I remember many years back, there was a show with a huge family where a big bomb blast just killed everyone and left 2 sisters who continued the show in a different direction.

By showing Jagya to be a minister + famous doctor, they made the grave mistake of thinking that nobody knows who on earth he is and the kind of power he has. Then again, we saw how useless that was when Nandini disappeared from the face of the earth for 11 years as if she had travelled to Jupiter and not nearby.

2) Shivam: I think for now, it is safe to assume that he is not central to the plotline yet. Once they've established the love triangle we may get to see Shivam worming his way back. If CVs think his role is big enough.

3) Nandini: So she has been adopted and living with a new family. One thing that amazed me is her devotion to Anandi. While I completely agree that Anandi is her real mother and she feels for her, it is surprising that she feels no such love towards Mangala. She may have turned evil in the end, but her death was no less tragic than that of Anandi's. Mangala took care of Nandini when she was living in a hellish situation and was her mother figure for so long. It is a bit sad to see that she seems to have no place in Nandini's mind post-death. Also, of the 3 mothers she has had, Anandi was the one to spend least amount of time with her. I think it would have more heart-warming if Nandini had decided to become a doctor in memory of both, instead of just one.

When the flashback scene came on with Nandini and Shivam lighting Anandi's chita, I burst out laughing (even though it was sad). So, these 2 actually found the time to arrange for a pandit, actually get the samaan necessary for a funeral and conduct it as well?ClapClap They are extremely resourceful in selected occasions - finding pandits, for instance, but not being able to tell the pandit to find the rest of their family. Amazing.

4) Akhiraj: For a person so evil, he sure had a very pathetic death scene. I mean, all it took was one gunshot from Jagya to kill him?? He had literally been left for vultures before and the guy still returned. I didn't like the way his character was just removed as though he was a minor character. I guess now we *may* have to see Kundan taking revenge, if CVs think his character is of use. Maybe he will return when Nandini is going to marry or so.

5) Anandi: Keeping aside the new scenes, I really think the viewers who have followed the show for so long have been heartbroken. Anandi has faced problems her whole life and dies in such a tragic manner - where there is absolutely no-one at her funeral. I think the point of the show was to highlight how being a BV causes hardship to one's life. However, even then this is really going too far in terms of tragedy. 
My mother was commenting how angry she was when a similar situation happened in Uttaran, whereby the main character dies suddenly in a car accident and nobody realises she has died until they have donated her heart (???). By not giving the title character a proper ending, it makes the entire journey that less valuable in the end.

6) Dr Amit: Interesting guy. In the ads they keep showing him right after Kundan's face. A hint? They seem to suggest that Dr Amit has known Nandini for some time now, so I highly doubt that could be him. But, we never know.
I've watched Avinash in a similar role in IPKKND2, so I think his character will be decent.

7) Ruslaan: He looks quite irritating to me to be honest. No offence to any of his fans, but somehow it doesn't feel like his character has a space in this show? I think the mood in BV is too sombre to accomodate someone as cheerful and carefree as him, especially with the new turn starting with the death of our title character.

8) Nandini family: The parents look great. The sister, not so. But I can understand her jealousy for her - especially since Nandini would have been adopted when both girls were pretty old. Maybe they'll show the sister falling for Ruslaan who falls for Nandini, who moves aside for her sister and gets together with Dr Amit? At this point it is all speculation.

9) Dadisa: I think dadisa's death was the actual turning point for the show. I say this because she is the only one remaining of the original cast, and she has been a very big driving force in the show. The moment dadisa left, the crew was left with tons of routes to explore in terms of direction. Of which, they decided to axe everyone and start anew.

I think time will tell how good or bad their idea was.

Sorry if my rant has gotten out of handLOL I thought it was the least the show deserved after pulling the carpet out of so many peoples' feet - how many of us were predicting that it would revamp itself so drastically? 

Please feel free to comment! Thanks for reading!

Edited by vita93 - 26 April 2016 at 4:54am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MisseshaViswasrutitiny15

libsrocks IF-Rockerz
libsrocks
libsrocks

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 6:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vita93

1) JaGan: Number 1 question - where are they, what happened, why are the kids not with them etc. I think this concern could have been easily solved if they had shown Akhiraj Singh planting a bomb in the haveli and basically blowing everybody up. As morbid as it sounds, it would at least lay some rest to the fact that we will no longer see them again. Otherwise, it will always be a question of will the CVs ever bring them and their kids back? Similarly goes for Kamli and her husband - just kill them all in a huge bomb blast. I remember many years back, there was a show with a huge family where a big bomb blast just killed everyone and left 2 sisters who continued the show in a different direction.
By showing Jagya to be a minister + famous doctor, they made the grave mistake of thinking that nobody knows who on earth he is and the kind of power he has. Then again, we saw how useless that was when Nandini disappeared from the face of the earth for 11 years as if she had travelled to Jupiter and not nearby.
We don't know yet what happened to JaGan and their kids or will they ever come back in flashback scenes to tell us what happened in these 15 years! To know, tune into Balika Vadhu's degraded version: Lamhe Pyar Ke, if you can dare to do so!

2) Shivam: I think for now, it is safe to assume that he is not central to the plotline yet. Once they've established the love triangle we may get to see Shivam worming his way back. If CVs think his role is big enough.
They have chosen the actor for Shivam so he is definitely coming back! He is probably the next Jagya: important for the viewers but not for the writers!

3) Nandini: So she has been adopted and living with a new family. One thing that amazed me is her devotion to Anandi. While I completely agree that Anandi is her real mother and she feels for her, it is surprising that she feels no such love towards Mangala. She may have turned evil in the end, but her death was no less tragic than that of Anandi's. Mangala took care of Nandini when she was living in a hellish situation and was her mother figure for so long. It is a bit sad to see that she seems to have no place in Nandini's mind post-death. Also, of the 3 mothers she has had, Anandi was the one to spend least amount of time with her. I think it would have more heart-warming if Nandini had decided to become a doctor in memory of both, instead of just one.
When the flashback scene came on with Nandini and Shivam lighting Anandi's chita, I burst out laughing (even though it was sad). So, these 2 actually found the time to arrange for a pandit, actually get the samaan necessary for a funeral and conduct it as well?ClapClap They are extremely resourceful in selected occasions - finding pandits, for instance, but not being able to tell the pandit to find the rest of their family. Amazing.
More than Nandini's attachment for Anandi, it's her absolute disregard towards Mangala that shocks me! She can love Anandi as much she wants but why forget Mangala? The woman who saved her life the way she could, took care and loved her! Yes, she had her own faults but her love was just as strong, for Nandini, as Anandi's!
Anandi's funeral scene made me cry more because of the awfulness with which Anandi was bid goodbye by the writers than her death! So that's how they treats their female lead? Besides being a female lead, Anandi has always been portrayed as the well-wisher of everyone! The most kind-hearten and loving one! Is this the kind of funeral such good soul deserved?

4) Akhiraj: For a person so evil, he sure had a very pathetic death scene. I mean, all it took was one gunshot from Jagya to kill him?? He had literally been left for vultures before and the guy still returned. I didn't like the way his character was just removed as though he was a minor character. I guess now we *may* have to see Kundan taking revenge, if CVs think his character is of use. Maybe he will return when Nandini is going to marry or so.
Kundan might or might not come but i think Akhiraj deserved this kind of death! Obviously one bullet is enough to kill anyone if shot at the right place! Akhiraj has done so much wrong to others that he does not even deserved to be mourn for even though i think even he must have gotten a funeral better than Anandi's!

5) Anandi: Keeping aside the new scenes, I really think the viewers who have followed the show for so long have been heartbroken. Anandi has faced problems her whole life and dies in such a tragic manner - where there is absolutely no-one at her funeral. I think the point of the show was to highlight how being a BV causes hardship to one's life. However, even then this is really going too far in terms of tragedy. 
My mother was commenting how angry she was when a similar situation happened in Uttaran, whereby the main character dies suddenly in a car accident and nobody realises she has died until they have donated her heart (???). By not giving the title character a proper ending, it makes the entire journey that less valuable in the end.
I had already expressed my views on Anandi's funeral! Her life journey isn't so inspiring! She has been strong, no doubt about that but the twist and turns she suffered could discourage anyone from doing social work! Helping others with such determination can always cost you your life at one way or the other but CVs should have shown a good farewell for Anandi which shows that her goodness and hard work for others has not been wasted! That it does not look like she helped everyone at time of need but was left alone when her time came!

Sorry if my rant has gotten out of handLOL I thought it was the least the show deserved after pulling the carpet out of so many peoples' feet - how many of us were predicting that it would revamp itself so drastically?
The show has revamped and degraded itself to it's lowest! Revamp version is absolutely illogical and let's not talk about the cast they assembled. I cannot comment on how was the episode except Anandi's funeral scene because i did not watch it but from what i hear from all the old and loyal viewers in this forum, the new cast isn't impressive in any manner! They cannot act and they do not even look as impressive as former cast members! Singhs were able to create strong impressions on our mind from very start of the show! Shekhars' jolly start was enjoyable to watch even if that family tortured viewers with crappiest story lines in the show! Akhiraj's family were villains but impressive group of actors that forced even the reluctant viewers to get a glimpse of the show after Shiv's death! After having male leads like Shashank Vyas and Siddharth Shukla, old viewers are not so impressed with Ruslaan and Avinash! Their characters seem to pale in front of Jagya and Shiv!

My comments are in blue and bold!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

AdorableAnushavita93MisseshaDreamer__goofyCat_tiny15

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top